Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

NM XLR 4 sale.JPG Found this online at cars.com ... it has some mileage, but if there is anyone looking for a Neiman Marcus XLR (this is #53/101). Check it out:

2004 Cadillac XLR Base, $20,995 - Cars.com

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356532271.876460.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356532287.447913.jpg found these about 40 mile range from my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like either grey or champagne.

Dan,

It was a Special Edition (Nieman Marcus) only made in 2004. There were only 102 of them made. They sold out within minutes on Nieman Marcus website when they became available. The color is Magnetic Amethyst.

Hi Dave
What color is that? :dunno:
What is the difference if it a Neiman Marcus XLR :dunno:

Dan,

It was a Special Edition (Nieman Marcus) only made in 2004. There were only 102 of them made. They sold out within minutes on Nieman Marcus website when they became available. The color is Magnetic Amethyst.

Hey thanks for the info Cubby never new they made a special model at all for XLR except the V models. Hope you had a great Christmas and have Safe :partyand Happy New Year! :party

It's ***** SNOWNING***** Here again right now 2"-4" And calling for more again this Saturday! :dunno:

Thanks for the info

Mid America Motorworks

I got a call from Mid America Motorworks today. They need someone to head up their interior manufacturing operations and want to have a meeting next week. Mike will probably not be there for the first meeting, but we have exchanged emails.

This could be interesting!

Bob

Major Change if Manufacturing Operations

I got a call from Mid America Motorworks today. They need someone to head up their interior manufacturing operations and want to have a meeting next week. Mike will probably not be there for the first meeting, but we have exchanged emails.

This could be interesting!

Bob

Bob,

I assume this is a position you are interested in filling. Keep us updated as to when you are hired and your plan to change the focus of Mid-America from Corvettes to XLRs. I am so looking forward to the significant XLR owner discount that surely will follow...

Good Luck! FYI--We are all willing to be references if you want them!

Steve

Fixing my household famous chili tonight (it hasn't hit the world yet!). Good for the cold windy day we've had.

Met with our local 3m clear bra installers today for Victor-V. Father-son team, with good recommendations. Really good guys & enjoyed meeting them. They were familiar with doing XLR's too! First gotta get Victor's paint where I want it. I knew black was worse than red - & I've sworn off red cars (we have 3) - but it is MULTIPLES worse than I even imagined & Victor-V's paint is in better shape than Beauty's was. :banghead: Live & learn!

Fixing my household famous chili tonight (it hasn't hit the world yet!). Good for the cold windy day we've had.

Met with our local 3m clear bra installers today for Victor-V. Father-son team, with good recommendations. Really good guys & enjoyed meeting them. They were familiar with doing XLR's too! First gotta get Victor's paint where I want it. I knew black was worse than red - & I've sworn off red cars (we have 3) - but it is MULTIPLES worse than I even imagined & Victor-V's paint is in better shape than Beauty's was. :banghead: Live & learn!

Please get me the information on them thinking Roxy needs one too after touch up last year finding new stone chips. Do you know the cost and do they to PA. Thanks and have a safe and Happy New Year! :party

I found a local certified installer here: Where to Buy VentureShield. Hopefully the link will still have the right box checked; PM me if it doesn't. I would think someone would be near you in Pa. If not, come visit us & have it done here - they said it would take about 2 hours, we can entertain you for that long! :beerchug:

I'm sure there are other good brands out there but this is the one we were most comfortable with. They quoted us $625 for the standard package (basically front end + tops & sides of the side view mirrors), + another $50 if we wanted the headlights done. You can also have it custom applied to other areas. The package cost was less than what I expected from my research; not cheap but cheaper than a paint job. Wish I'd gotten it on my daily driver, which looks new except for the front which is machine gunned with rock chips. :pat:

For the adventurous you can also order the kit & install it yourself. Even if a pro installs it you can probably spot it on the car IF you know where to look - but I'd rather have that than chips etc.

I found a local certified installer here: Where to Buy VentureShield. Hopefully the link will still have the right box checked; PM me if it doesn't. I would think someone would be near you in Pa. If not, come visit us & have it done here - they said it would take about 2 hours, we can entertain you for that long! :beerchug:

I'm sure there are other good brands out there but this is the one we were most comfortable with. They quoted us $625 for the standard package (basically front end + tops & sides of the side view mirrors), + another $50 if we wanted the headlights done. You can also have it custom applied to other areas. The package cost was less than what I expected from my research; not cheap but cheaper than a paint job. Wish I'd gotten it on my daily driver, which looks new except for the front which is machine gunned with rock chips. :pat:

For the adventurous you can also order the kit & install it yourself. Even if a pro installs it you can probably spot it on the car IF you know where to look - but I'd rather have that than chips etc.

:twist: Well good news there is an installer 20 minutes away in Westminster MD. Sent them a email message for them to contact me for an estimate. Question what is what the difference between VentureSheild and the Scotchgard film they mention or is it the same product? Also looking to install a front end sensor tried of hitting the nose on the curb any suggestion on that?

I was talking to a local 3M installer about getting the XLR front end wrapped and was quoted....$1400!!!! holy smokes! right now the paint on my XLR is pretty close to flawless, so it would be worthwhile doing, but man I gotta find it at a better price than $1400.

I was talking to a local 3M installer about getting the XLR front end wrapped and was quoted....$1400!!!! holy smokes! right now the paint on my XLR is pretty close to flawless, so it would be worthwhile doing, but man I gotta find it at a better price than $1400.

Got to agree that price is double plus of price that Xlrating was quoted :dunno:

Dan,

This is what you are looking for:
Curb Alert

what the difference between VentureSheild and the Scotchgard film they mention or is it the same product?

I would ask your installer that question - I found scattered information on the Internet, but no "official" explanation. Whatever the difference is didn't matter as our local installers only do 3M Scotchguard Paint Protection Film & not Ventureshield. So the choice was made for us based on availability.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom