Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Ok I finally was able to take the xkr out. Unfortunately I felt embarrassed because she has all this pollen on her. So I didn't drop the top today. +high pollen count today. I did see a bunch of other convertibles sporting their topless style. But back to the point. The last couple weeks I kept noticing this beauty at a recently remodeled church that is now a salon. Didn't see the owner but this time I had cards in hand. So I went up to the drivers window and stuck one of my cards with this site on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish the corvette guys would aloe some xlrs at the vettes at the village gathering at st Augustine's world golf village. They have this every June. I even tried to ask the president last yr and he emailed me back saying only vettes.

"Sparkle got loose..."

I finally got SPARKLE out of the garage today... The sun was shining bright, the streets were dry with the exception of melting snow at the curb lines. But it mattered not. I hit Flossmoore road near my house and 0 to 80 I went...lol Then came Cicero avenue with a straight stretch of highway through the forest preserve with nothing on it but me.... Need I say anymore? Tomorrow it's supposed to be even nicer out so to the shop she goes for Magnaflow installation. I have to remember to take some video and sound before, then after.

Well today was a ok day. I made the mistake of leaving my ride outside today before heading out to run errands. The community decided to test the sprinkler system. So now my car looks like a leopard. A red with yellow areas with spots all over. The yellow from pollen. The red because of the color of car. The spots are thanks to the hard water from the sprinkler. Ugg.

Well today was a ok day. I made the mistake of leaving my ride outside today before heading out to run errands. The community decided to test the sprinkler system. So now my car looks like a leopard. A red with yellow areas with spots all over. The yellow from pollen. The red because of the color of car. The spots are thanks to the hard water from the sprinkler. Ugg.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you this weekend...

Moving

I know that I haven't been around for awhile but I've had some life changing events since Sept. of 2013.

Got engaged to a cute little 5' blue eyed blonde lady I meant in Biloxi, MS. back in 2012 on my return trip from the Texas Mile and a visit with my Uncle who lived just north of Tampa, FL.
We had a long distance relationship via phone for a year and she was going to be my + 1 at BG in 2013 but she was injured at work and was unable to make the trip so I cancelled and flew down to her and spent about 3 weeks there and we fell in love.

I decided to sell my houses in CA. and move to MS.
Started the process hoping to be in MS. by Christmas but in Nov. of 2013, I took a bad fall at home and broke my left collar bone and several ribs so I had to pause the house sale until Jan. of this year.

On Feb. 27, 2014, my name-sake Grandson, Jack Le Roy Seiber was killed in an auto accident, just outside of Price, Utah. He was on leave from the Army and was stationed at Fort Sill, OK. after he returned from Iraq without a scratch! He was on his way to visit his father and brother in Idaho Falls, ID.
I'm still recovering from that one.

Now I'm back to packing up and getting ready to move to MS. next month as escrow closes April 9.

BTW, I finally was able to upload a picture of the rear of my x showing the (still unfinished) spoiler. The chrome caps on each side are amateur radio antenna mounts as well as the little stud down on the trailer hitch.

Also, note the 1960s plate and yes, they are legal in CA. as of Jan. 2013. Don't know what I'm going to do about the plates in MS.

Well is almost like if it weren't for bad luck you would not have no luck at all!
Sorry to hear of your loss I know it's hard but truly is a part of life we can not change and t only time can change a broken heart!
Good luck with your move and may God Bless you and family!
Get out and ride your XLR when you can and pick a good phrase for a new license plate if they let you in your state.
I used to 2EXTREME
HAVE GREAT WEEKEND!

7y8yryma.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:
I know that I haven't been around for awhile but I've had some life changing events since Sept. of 2013.

Got engaged to a cute little 5' blue eyed blonde lady I meant in Biloxi, MS. back in 2012 on my return trip from the Texas Mile and a visit with my Uncle who lived just north of Tampa, FL.
We had a long distance relationship via phone for a year and she was going to be my + 1 at BG in 2013 but she was injured at work and was unable to make the trip so I cancelled and flew down to her and spent about 3 weeks there and we fell in love.

Started the process hoping to be in MS. by Christmas but in Nov. of 2013, I took a bad fall at home and broke my left collar bone and several ribs so I had to pause the house sale until Jan. of this year.

On Feb. 27, 2014, my name-sake Grandson, Jack Le Roy Seiber was killed in an auto accident, just outside of Price, Utah. He was on leave from the Army and was stationed at Fort Sill, OK. after he returned from Iraq without a scratch! He was on his way to visit his father and brother in Idaho Falls, ID.

Now I'm back to packing up and getting ready to move to MS. next month as escrow closes April 9.

BTW, I finally was able to upload a picture of the rear of my x showing the (still unfinished) spoiler. The chrome caps on each side are amateur radio antenna mounts as well as the little stud down on the trailer hitch.

Also, note the 1960s plate and yes, they are legal in CA. as of Jan. 2013. Don't know what I'm going to do about the plates in MS.

WOW... what a nasty 6 months you've had. Cindy & my thoughts and prayers are with you and your fiance' for full recoveries for both of you. Also, our prayers are with you during your time of grief... as time goes on, things do get easier. Life goes on, although you never forget - I know, my Mom passed away a year ago coming up March 26, while I was in the hospital in CO. I will always miss her, even though I was able to facetime with her the night before she passed away.
Good luck on your move... hope this year bodes better for you than the last 6 months. :blinzel:

Here's to the best part ahead of you!

Left CA myself for Texas (job assignment)...miss those wonderful drives in the Napa area tremendously. Recently met up with the West Houston Muscle Car club (mostly newer cameros, mustangs & challangers) for a decent drive to Blue Belle creamery. So, it seems TX is not too bad...though most of the attention was on the XLR...not seen much here.

A few years here, and on to the Pittsburgh area for a project...hope to take my baby along for yet another move.

I can say that a nice drive with the top down makes all of these things that happen to me just a bit better!

WOW... what a nasty 6 months you've had. Cindy & my thoughts and prayers are with you and your fiance' for full recoveries for both of you. Also, our prayers are with you during your time of grief... as time goes on, things do get easier. Life goes on, although you never forget - I know, my Mom passed away a year ago coming up March 26, while I was in the hospital in CO. I will always miss her, even though I was able to facetime with her the night before she passed away.
Good luck on your move... hope this year bodes better for you than the last 6 months. :blinzel:

Thanks for the prays and the kind words, we hope to see you all for the run in August. Looks like Gina may be driving for that trip.

By the way, in October, there's a big car rally in Biloxi, MS called "Cruising the Coast" that we'll be attending and last year there were NO XLRs there. 57 Chevys out the ying yang though. Seems like every classic car buff has one of them!

Here's to the best part ahead of you!

Left CA myself for Texas (job assignment)...miss those wonderful drives in the Napa area tremendously. Recently met up with the West Houston Muscle Car club (mostly newer cameros, mustangs & challangers) for a decent drive to Blue Belle creamery. So, it seems TX is not too bad...though most of the attention was on the XLR...not seen much here.

A few years here, and on to the Pittsburgh area for a project...hope to take my baby along for yet another move.

I can say that a nice drive with the top down makes all of these things that happen to me just a bit better!

I know what you mean about jumping around the country John, I was born and raised here in SoCal, spent 4 years working in the DC area and lived in Virginia.

Good luck on your future move to PA, be prepared for seasonal xlr driving :(

Congratulations Jack!

I know what you mean about jumping around the country John, I was born and raised here in SoCal, spent 4 years working in the DC area and lived in Virginia.

Good luck on your future move to PA, be prepared for seasonal xlr driving :(

Congratulations Jack and good luck with your move. Hope you will be feeling better soon. Drove "Little Bugger" to church this morning with top down both going to and coming home.

I made a fast trip to AZ., February 7th to take care of business. Returning to CO., on the 13th I stopped in Las Vegas, NM to spend the night at the Holiday Inn Express. After checking in and starting to exit the elevator on the 2nd floor the door slammed shut on me. If it hadn't been for the young man on the elevator with me I would have been in a bad fix. He grabbed me under my left arm pit with his right hand, tried forcing the door away from me with his left hand which didn't want to retract and kept me from hitting the floor. Long story short I am in therapy at the pool twice a week with both hips and both shoulders messed up and the left collar bone. X rays did not show any fracture so I think they are going to do an MRI. I need to be working on the gardens, not having therapy, guess I will have to hire someone for the gardens. The good part is I can drive and have had "Little Bugger" out with the top down so that keeps my spirits up.

In the last couple days I've had topless baby out with her top off. I've enjoyed every minute of it. The main reason why I've had to drop her top is because.... Well here my development decided to test the sprinkler system. I

arasatum.jpg
well let's just say sprinkler water doesn't look good on a car of any kind. Now she looks like a leopard. Well good note though. We are supposed to have 80% chance of rain. So maybe I'll back her out so she can have a bath.

I made a fast trip to AZ., February 7th to take care of business. Returning to CO., on the 13th I stopped in Las Vegas, NM to spend the night at the Holiday Inn Express. After checking in and starting to exit the elevator on the 2nd floor the door slammed shut on me. If it hadn't been for the young man on the elevator with me I would have been in a bad fix. He grabbed me under my left arm pit with his right hand, tried forcing the door away from me with his left hand which didn't want to retract and kept me from hitting the floor. Long story short I am in therapy at the pool twice a week with both hips and both shoulders messed up and the left collar bone. X rays did not show any fracture so I think they are going to do an MRI. I need to be working on the gardens, not having therapy, guess I will have to hire someone for the gardens. The good part is I can drive and have had "Little Bugger" out with the top down so that keeps my spirits up.
\

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Well planned on doing a full makeover in and out for spring but only got her out side clay towel & Zaino's polishing done very happy with the results! Roxy looks better then brand new! Well I think so except for the front end stone chips :)

ge6ejepe.jpg
ehygumur.jpg
jaza9ery.jpg
y3e3ere7.jpg
u2ydara5.jpg
5u8ejy7a.jpg
y7yvu5uh.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Well planned on doing a full makeover in and out for spring but only got her out side clay towel & Zaino's polishing done very happy with the results! Roxy looks better then brand new! Well I think so except for the front end stone chips :)

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Looking sharp there, Dan... too bad we don't live closer together, I'd have you come over and (help me) do mine in the spring. If it EVER comes around here - supposed to get MORE snow tonight and later in the week. At least at this point in time, it won't be around for very long...

Congratulations Jack and good luck with your move. Hope you will be feeling better soon. Drove "Little Bugger" to church this morning with top down both going to and coming home.

Thank you Robert and others for the well wishes and please except mine to you on the elevator mishap. It's not a good feeling when these kind of things happen to us and we have to except the fact that we're not invincible!

Heck, I used to jump off of my roof when I was younger and 'Tuck and Roll' on the grass instead of using the ladder to climb down.
Now, I trip over my own feet and fall on the floor and break bones that take 2 months to heal. When you reach our age, Life's a B!

Anyone know where I can get a ladies chauffeur outfit for my 52 year old future wife like the one Deborah Foreman wore in the movie My Chauffeur? She has agreed to wear it while driving me around in my XLR.:laugh:

Last edited:
Ok I have a decision to make here. I saw 2 folding chairs at 2 different stores. The one chair has no arms but it has a back and seat. Today I received a 20% coupon but have to use it between the 19th and 20th of this month.
neraza7u.jpg
the other has a chair that has a a table and cooler that fold up on the sides.
tejypahu.jpg

They both are around the same price. I thought I could use one of these for when I go to cruise ins and car shows.
The top one is from bealls of Florida. The bottom one is from bjs wholesale club

The top one is a little lighter and easier to maneuver. The other is just a little heavier. But the lower one has a table that is joined along with a cooler bag

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back