Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

they make some flexible wheel cleaning brushes that can reach all the way to the back of the wheel, and the one I have will fit between my calipers and wheel.

You can also try Wheel Woolies - come in 3 different sizes. I use the big one on most of the inner wheel, next sizes to get between calipers & wheel front & back. A little less risky on scratching wheels than the brushes, probably only really a concern if they're painted.

I'd put a link but you can get them from a lot of different places.

Thanks all for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at those headlights on Ebay, they say they are for right hand drive cars.

The cutoff could be wrong and you might blind oncoming traffic..

On the other hand, I bet you can take some part out of your old light and fix that..

Just put mine away for the winter. 12 degrees and 3in of snow on the ground. I found a great potential source for XLR parts. They are located right here in Columbus and have several spare parts. They had 4 Northstar XLR engines in crates. 1 of them the 4.4 L V supercharged engine. They had an XLR supercharger sitting in their office. They said that they have a spare grille and several misc body panels as well. I bought a headlamp assembly for $325 from them. Here is their contact info. They sell all of their stuff online, mostly thru Ebay.
Auto Part Surplus LLC
665 North Hague Avenue
Columbus, OH 43204 - View Map
Phone: (614) 351-8250

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked at those headlights on Ebay, they say they are for right hand drive cars.

The cutoff could be wrong and you might blind oncoming traffic..

On the other hand, I bet you can take some part out of your old light and fix that..

Thanks for the heads up. I found an excellent article describing the difference between the European standard and the ASE standard. I did see that it has an extra adjustment screw on it. Is it the lens or the bulb which shapes the light to make it higher on one side?

I'm guessing there is a cutoff shutter in there, I have seen pictures of them on other lights, and they have the 2 heights you see reflected in your lights against a flat wall.

I'd bet you will lose that dual height when you install one right hand drive light on your car.

I just wonder if you can take any part of the actual headlight mechanism apart from the housing and either swap them or take them partially apart and swap the cutoff mechanism.

Thanks for the heads up. I found an excellent article describing the difference between the European standard and the ASE standard. I did see that it has an extra adjustment screw on it. Is it the lens or the bulb which shapes the light to make it higher on one side?

I don't know either, but for future reference for the group here on the forum, if you do disassembled one please post the out come! [emoji6]

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

st augustine school for deaf and blind show

I attended the annual ancient city cruisers car show yesterday there were alot of cool rides there. I ran my iphone battery down that day taking pics of all the cars. But at the end of the show they were giving out the awards. my car received 1st place award for my class. year 2000- present. So i went away a happy surprised camper.
IMG_9481.jpgIMG_9641.jpg

Thank u

I wish I had a 2 car garage. Xlrating then I could have plenty of room to stretch out the doors to clean from top to bottom and wheels/tires. But I have to settle with single car garage in the condo.

Hawkeye,

When I built my new house seven years ago, I built a 3 bay garage downstairs as well as the 2 bay garage upstairs.

The 3 bay is clear span and I epoxy coated the floors with U-Coat-It. It's just for the collector cars, the XLR, the El Camino And the GTO.

This picture was taken after I finished up the floors and before I moved in!

I thought you'd like it!

Attachments

• lower garage epoxy.JPG
    lower garage epoxy.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 170
Cool. That's the kind of garage I need. Thanks Crimson pearl

Yep 2 days worth of cleaning and washing. Then day before show packing everything up in the car, day if show making last minute cleaning paid off by getting 1st place in my 2000-present class.
bad1249c95775862dc9052c3473e7191.jpg
4f633e9ef48382d3ebcc871ef3e12f99.jpg

Here I am beside my Cadillac xlr with my 1st place award.
a89cc85a9eddbeb7729ddec31733c04c.jpg

It's great to see how much effort you put into keeping your XLR looking good and to see how much you enjoy owning your XLR!

.....much like many others here!

Last edited:
It's great to see how much effort you put into keeping your XLR looking good and to see how much you enjoy owning your XLR!

.....much like many others here!

Yes you're right it's like owning a prestige item that needs to be treateded like "GOLD " [emoji2]

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Right on. Since I'm sorta the only one that goes to these local shows in my area. Someone has to represent the xlr community. Lol

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back