Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

New phone cover Mike got me - almost matches our cars on my screen saver!

Well im happy now. I just received my Christmas present to myself. Here it is xlr case .jpg

moon over st augustines World golf village

just saw this great opportunity and decided to circle back around and snap a moonlit photo with my cadillac in the foreground

IMG_9354.JPGFullSizeRender.jpgthis was taken in front of my development I used my iphone so sorry for the blurry pic

Attachments

• IMG_9354.JPG
    IMG_9354.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_9354.JPG
    IMG_9354.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 144
Some dealership is getting the new crest ...

Mike spotted this on the interstate today while bringing Beauty back from having new shoes put on (which was done at what is Mike's new candy store, a professional rim shop that will paint rims & almost anything else, airbrush, etc.). By the way, the candy store said the chips/road rash I inherited on Beauty's wheels couldn't be fixed because they are anodized - only solution is to sandblast, then fix & paint in some way, can't chrome as it won't last here. :bawling:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 147
Wow looks like a large Caddy sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

One of our FB XLR friends had this happen to his XLR by his dealership mechanic after a repair was done and was test driving it I guess! That's the way I read it anyways!

b087870a07879c78238ccd99e324ecc2.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Heart breaker. :( Does not look like the car was seeing very much use as the front discs are all rusty.

Well my fronts and rears were and are still rusty. And I drive mine every day almost. I've had the car for just 3 yrs last October 4th.

the central area of the disc would remain rusty but the contact surface should be shiny.

Hi again!

I've got some time tonight to sort of browse around and see what's up with our XLR buddies .... Looks like we have missed a lot in the last few months ... First, let me and the Detail Guy say THANK YOU for the cards, emails and messages - Ray did dodge a big one ... the surgery went well - it has been 5 weeks now and he is doing great. I even caught him polishing up his badge :pat: the other day, so I know he's wanting to get back to work .... In the process he has lost 2 pant sizes and that's a plus. So, thank you again .... you never know how much we value all of you ... If it hadn't been for Lola we might not have ever known such awesome friends.
I have a buddy coming from AZ ... by this time tomorrow night we should be having dinner and sharing a glass with Jet Boy. 'Wish you guys were going to be here too.
We love our new to us home out here in the sticks .... I don't even mind being 5 miles from the nearest gas station ... Make sure you all let me know when you're coming this way .... we made sure to have a guest room just for you.
Lola pretty much stays in the garage now ... she's still my DD but in the sticks there's no where to go .... it's a daily struggle about selling her .... I don't think we'll ever be able to make a drive back to the Midwest .... now we'll just fly .... I think someone that will love her as much as I do should have her.
Hope you all think about meeting up in Las Vegas ... we will meet you there! :wave::wave:

guessing,,,,

Heart breaker. :( Does not look like the car was seeing very much use as the front discs are all rusty.

I'm thinking the car was at the dealership's car wash rack, before the tech took it out for a test spin? That would explain the total rust appearance.

Hope the tech wasn't 'texting on his cell phone' when the accident happened.....

Doesn't look good for that XLR

Rides XLR s3 ep2 2004

I just got the tail end of Rides on discovery chan (the last 10 min) so i decided to search itunes and amazon for the dvd. I found it on amazon and hit the buy now.

Amazon.com: Rides: Season 3: Dylan Bruno, Christopher Titus, Courtney Hansen, Jason Priestley, Britt Cyrus, Ryan Sheridan, Michael Rivers, Bud W. Brutsman, Dennis Zerull, Jennifer Shields: Movies & TV

51DRY61T5VL.jpg

I've been trying to find this particular program forever. so soon now i'll be able to watch it over and over. Or atleast add it to my XLR collection.

Last edited:
I just got the tail end of Rides on discovery chan (the last 10 min) so i decided to search itunes and amazon for the dvd. I found it on amazon and hit the buy now.

Amazon.com: Rides: Season 3: Dylan Bruno, Christopher Titus, Courtney Hansen, Jason Priestley, Britt Cyrus, Ryan Sheridan, Michael Rivers, Bud W. Brutsman, Dennis Zerull, Jennifer Shields: Movies & TV

View attachment 4795

I've been trying to find this particular program forever. so soon now i'll be able to watch it over and over. Or atleast add it to my XLR collection.

That particular episode with the XLR & SRX that Foose did was actually on TV this afternoon on Velocity but we were out and unaware it was on. When we got home Steve flicked on the TV and we saw the last 15 minutes of that show: the episode was from 2004 and the cars were shown at SEMA. I wonder where that particular XLR is now?

That particular episode with the XLR & SRX that Foose did was actually on TV this afternoon on Velocity but we were out and unaware it was on. When we got home Steve flicked on the TV and we saw the last 15 minutes of that show: the episode was from 2004 and the cars were shown at SEMA. I wonder where that particular XLR is now?

The same with me. I was out and about then coughs the last 10-15 min. So I threw up my hands and decided to do a little surfing the net. Found the particular show and bought it. Didn't waste time.

The show gods are against us

We had a lot of rain this summer so missed all the car shows we wanted to do. There's a final one of the year today and no rain - but too cold for our summer tire shod entries (and for us too!). :(

The only one we could put in is Beauty, but she is still in recovery from all her fix-ups -- getting the wheels painted right now since Mike successfully harassed me on how bad they look. Alloy on them is so shot the shop thought they wouldn't even have to sand blast them & could just pop it off. My plan is to paint them a bright flake silver, but Mike & his new candy store have some surprise in mind subject to my final approval. :confused: Maybe this surprise will land them on Madcurl's wheel thread!

This picture still makes me sad!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 186
I wish I had a 2 car garage. Xlrating then I could have plenty of room to stretch out the doors to clean from top to bottom and wheels/tires. But I have to settle with single car garage in the condo. Just gave my baby a bath. She was months over due. Right after I wiped her down to a shine. The rain and tornado watch was upon me. So wasn't able to get the tires and rims done.

Put my bay to sleep for her LOOOONG winter's nap a couple weeks ago; sad times here in Montana:(:(:(, as I await the first drive in the Spring:drool:.

Just put mine away for the winter. 12 degrees and 3in of snow on the ground. I found a great potential source for XLR parts. They are located right here in Columbus and have several spare parts. They had 4 Northstar XLR engines in crates. 1 of them the 4.4 L V supercharged engine. They had an XLR supercharger sitting in their office. They said that they have a spare grille and several misc body panels as well. I bought a headlamp assembly for $325 from them. Here is their contact info. They sell all of their stuff online, mostly thru Ebay.
Auto Part Surplus LLC
665 North Hague Avenue
Columbus, OH 43204 - View Map
Phone: (614) 351-8250

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tried a new to me chrome wheel cleaner. It does the job good. Shines up nicely. The hard part was getting my hand in the openings so I could get the whole chrome backing also.
91203ffcd77cbd147198d0a2c180b385.jpg
f5872862043470d7789792a88e86dc11.jpg
I think I need one of those brushes that attaches to a drill. So that way o can get into these tight places near the calipers

Tried a new to me chrome wheel cleaner. It does the job good. Shines up nicely. The hard part was getting my hand in the openings so I could get the whole chrome backing also.
91203ffcd77cbd147198d0a2c180b385.jpg
f5872862043470d7789792a88e86dc11.jpg
I think I need one of those brushes that attaches to a drill. So that way o can get into these tight places near the calipers The 1st pic is after cleaned. The last pic is before cleaner

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back