Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I don't know about this! But I see WTF...... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

DETAILS!!!!

We need details!

Drum roll please: I let him drive my XLR & so he'll get to drive it with the wheels on. :twist:

(I'm pretty sure that's not the answer you were looking for ... sorry!)

Drum roll please: I let him drive my XLR & so he'll get to drive it with the wheels on. :twist:

(I'm pretty sure that's not the answer you were looking for ... sorry!)

Yep not what I was thinking either.........LOL

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Yep not what I was thinking either.........LOL

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Alright fellas, I can't tell ALL my secrets! :naughty:

Besides, this forum may have a "X" in it but it's not X rated! :buttslap:

Santa didn't leave out the non-V CTS Coupe - now it will have badges - see if you can figure out what they say (it's fitting for such a weird looking car!). :chuckle

Where did you get those from? :thumbsup I think I need some !

Unique Christmas gift

I got custom outdoor shop signs made for my hubby and son. I have had a Gray Motors (circa early 1920's) tie tack for over 30 years. It has adorned the console of my favorite car over the years: currently on the dash of my XLR. I had that replicated into big signs: changing the wording in 'the tail' to suit the recipient.

Steve coined the term "Restofied" years ago to describe his work on old cars: restored to mostly look original but modified for performance and handling. Our son Brandon is a total 'gear head' (makes a momma proud) was a bit tougher to come up with what to have on his as he is not into classic cars but had customized many cars and trucks. "Burnin Rubber since 2001" fit the bill due to his 'lifetime' reputation for doing smoky burnouts - - - combined with the fact that 2001 was the year he got his drivers license! :burnout:

Anyway: they are both as pleased with their gifts as I was when I saw the completed versions!

Trivia time! The second picture is the original pin, as I said it is currently on the console of my XLR. Gray motor cars & trucks were produced out of Detroit from 1922 - 1926 and the vehicles carried a larger version (perhaps 4") of this logo on the top front of the radiator shroud. Gray's should not be confused with the much more successful Gray Dort's which were a Canadian manufacturer: but both of the manufacturers were in competition with Ford: but we all know who won out there. Although they know for building 'cars' I did see a picture once of a truck: I wish I had saved the photos I had found, I would LOVE to find a running Gray pick up truck: they are as rare as hens teeth.

Attachments

• DSCF6907.jpg
    DSCF6907.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 288
  • 20151021_104206.jpg
    20151021_104206.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 282
Totally off the subject but I'd tell the car guys/gals here. Please don't worry about me until after May 1st. Just wanted to let a few friends know my plans. Mom and I will be" getting out of dodge" soon. We are going on our longest trip yet. A 115 day grand world adventure. I'll be putting the Xlr on a battery tender in hopes that I won't flip a circuit in the house electric. We leave Jan 4th (ship leaves Jan 5th) and return April 30th. Cross fingers. Will update via Facebook when I can. And or email.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451353951.816788.jpgi have already made preperations a year or so ago to the garage. I put down this new floor (by myself except for some custom cut areas by the entry door) and have had the garage repainted to give it a fresher look.
Here is a map of where mom and I'll be ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451354199.328598.jpg

Jan. 01, 2016

Wishing all of the XLR-NET members a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!

Totally off the subject but I'd tell the car guys/gals here. Please don't worry about me until after May 1st. Just wanted to let a few friends know my plans. Mom and I will be" getting out of dodge" soon. We are going on our longest trip yet. A 115 day grand world adventure. I'll be putting the Xlr on a battery tender in hopes that I won't flip a circuit in the house electric. We leave Jan 4th (ship leaves Jan 5th) and return April 30th. Cross fingers. Will update via Facebook when I can. And or email.View attachment 6057i have already made preperations a year or so ago to the garage. I put down this new floor (by myself except for some custom cut areas by the entry door) and have had the garage repainted to give it a fresher look.

Great job on the floor. Enjoy your cruise.

Great job on the floor. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks. Hope this will eliminate "dead spots/flat spots " on the tires. And she'll be having a battery tender plunged in Sunday

Thanks. Hope this will eliminate "dead spots/flat spots " on the tires. And she'll be having a battery tender plunged in Sunday

Don't think the carpet is gonna help the flat spots on your tires. That's due to the weight sitting on one area for extended periods.

HAPPY 2016 Everyone!
This is what we did for dinner New Years Eve
Shrimp & Crabs
They said they where just large CRABS LOOKS MORE LIKE A JUMBO THEY WERE HUGE ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451688460.253659.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451688723.975500.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I did shrimp and sausage gumbo for our gang last night, no pictures cause when I thought about taking a pic, the pot had been wiped out.

Winter storage now in progress. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451850173.223942.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451850190.159715.jpg

The fluids and tire pressure topped off. Car cleaned by the dealer, battery tender hooked up. Now I'm off on my 115 day cruise. Starting tomorrow mom and I drive down to ft lauderdale and then catch the ship on Tuesday the 5th. We return the end of April.

Have a awesome time!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC