Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Dura Cell ,,,,,

T-Rex quote: "Why did you post videos of battery commercial?"

Possibly the news hasn't arrived to West Columbia, Texas yet? ,,,,, All electric cars are powered by batteries!
laugh.gif

That $400 Vetronix Tech 2 you purchased may come in handy with this AA Class Benz?

j/k u

Just got back from my 4 month voyage on holland America cruise ship. great cruise of 115 day. I'm pleased to announce my car started right up after I unhooked her from her 4 month coma. She was happy to finally start rolling on the open road. 78*f and dropped her top right away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back! Glad you had awesome and safe trip Hawkeye. As I was really thinking about you guys after the Japan earth quake I was pretty positive that you guys had already move on and wasn't sure if you was even where the danger was! Lucky you with the Fl. Weather you all got the warmth, it's been cool and rainy up here! But we will be sucking it up soon we will be Savannah Ga. 3 weeks Thursday to Monday for a VNI Spring Fest Convention! I seen it was 84 there today!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Welcome back! Glad you had awesome and safe trip Hawkeye. As I was really thinking about you guys after the Japan earth quake I was pretty positive that you guys had already move on and wasn't sure if you was even where the danger was! Lucky you with the Fl. Weather you all got the warmth, it's been cool and rainy up here! But we will be sucking it up soon we will be Savannah Ga. 3 weeks Thursday to Monday for a VNI Spring Fest Convention! I seen it was 84 there today!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Yes it was nice to travel the world. We were already headed back through the suez or somewhere in the med I think when the earthquake happened because 2 weeks after we left Jordan. There was a bombing in Bethlehem. If you have any spare time when you are in Savannah, I'm only about 2 hrs south (i think). It would be nice to finally meet u off Facebook and the Xlr site.

Yes it was nice to travel the world. We were already headed back through the suez or somewhere in the med I think when the earthquake happened because 2 weeks after we left Jordan. There was a bombing in Bethlehem. If you have any spare time when you are in Savannah, I'm only about 2 hrs south (i think). It would be nice to finally meet u off Facebook and the Xlr site.

We will only be there 1 extra day on Sunday as the wife has already planed that day up we will be coming in on Thursday so we are going into Charleston for lunch then traveling down to Savannah for check in around 4 then VNI Meet & Greet at 6 it a pretty packed weekend!

Thank you extended warranty. When I got home I unplugged the trickle charger. Then followed mom to drop of the rental car. The next day I looked on the garage floor and noticed oil. Took the car into dealership and the said I had a crack in my oil pan and manifold. My service guy called my warranty company and they said we will cover. So long. story short. $1084.90 covered by extended warranty. Manifold, sealant, dexos, filter, stud, bolt, and gasket $732 labor $352.90 parts, all covered [emoji1]

Hawk-I

:thumbsup Congrats on the free fix! Is this the first claim on the extended warranty?

I spent $1100 for an extended warranty on my Viper and never had a claim. When I went

to sell the car, which was then seven years old but still had one year remaining on a factory extended

warranty, that alone helped sell the Viper and brought an extra $2500 over comps.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't....... :buttslap:

No it wasn't the first claim. I've had several claims. The extended warranty has paid for it over and over. The only thing it didn't pay for was the water leak I had a couple years ago

While we are on this subject! I bought a aftermarket warranty when I refinance my XLR for 1800$ it paid for its self 3 times fold plus, but runs out in June! So I purchased another for 3k
My XLR has 92k on it and this offer is good for 5 years or 100000 more miles whichever comes first. It's a 30 day and 1000 miles to activate the services, which works great for me tripping to Savannah Ga. But also they don't ask for proof of milage so just tell them your mileage is less then what it is. It is a $100 deductible, but covers most everything except regular maintenance and gaskets, seals, hoses & belts. You can take it to any certified garage, but they recommend using a Cadillac dealer because they would replace with OEM parts by a certified technician and would be up to date with any recalls! Also came with roadside service, a monthly payment plan with no interest, cancel anytime, transferable if you sale, key lockout, car rental & travel expenses. Note they only pay up to $100 per hour for technician service!
Here's there info if your looking!
Palmer Administrative Services,Inc
1-800-599-9557

The XLR-V ended up in unplanned hibernation most of this winter on top of the lift. Unhooked life support & got it out today, cycled the top a few times & got lucky because it worked without a hitch. :thumbsup It's really dusty but at least missed the spring pollen bomb.

Had to move it to free up the lift so we can put CORSA on the Escalade. :twist: The Escalade just got Volant CAI put on it so with the Corsa added now at 90k miles it will be ready to rock! :burnout:

C8 in 2018: The Latest on the Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette

Look at slide 11. It looks like the front of a XLR! At least the grill. Maybe they raid the old XLR parts bin.

This car was used in a movie called The Island! I'd believe since this was a 2002 some of the XLR looks may have came from the Cien Concept, it also was not a convertible of course being a mid engine, but personally I think it's looks similar to our XLR's quite a bit!

Local Car Show

Alexis and I took Crimson Pearl and the GreaT One to a local car last weekend. There were 110 cars registered. Weather was nice and both cars took home a trophy!

The show was put on by a local church as a fund raiser for Youth Mission Trips. Al the trophies were sponsored so all of the $2200 raised by registration fees went to that cause.

Here's a photo of us with the cars and also one with the trophies. Lots of fun!

DSC01864.jpgDSC01870.jpg

Congrats!
Roxy won Saturday also at a Cars & Coffee but was combined and extended to 1:00 to have a Mustang show but all vehicles could attend
58590932740b8b93f41a8b076a465731.jpg

2016 update

Have not been on this site this year. I fell on New Years Day and broke my right hip in four places. Was in facilities for two months. Am still in therapy twice a week as an outpatient. Little Bugger is snug in my garage and has not been started since last December. I am not able to get down low enough to get in the drivers seat. Now that the weather is nice I will have the dealer come out and get him started up in hopes I will be able to get in and drive in the near future. I still have trouble getting in my DTS but at least I can drive it and have some independence.

Have not been on this site this year. I fell on New Years Day and broke my right hip in four places. Was in facilities for two months. Am still in therapy twice a week as an outpatient. Little Bugger is snug in my garage and has not been started since last December. I am not able to get down low enough to get in the drivers seat. Now that the weather is nice I will have the dealer come out and get him started up in hopes I will be able to get in and drive in the near future. I still have trouble getting in my DTS but at least I can drive it and have some independence.

So sorry to hear about your accident. :( At my age I hate pain.....and I am only 59. I am noticing the XLR is getting tougher to get out of. After two knee replacements I have got to remember to not grab my coffee mug, cell phone and purse before trying to get out of the car. Not too much of a problem getting out when my hands are empty. Can't imagine after a broken hip. Take care, do your therapy exercises and follow doctor's orders and you will be able to do this once you figure out what works best for you. Hugs.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom