Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Just thought I'd give you a update on this. My mom and I took the Xlr in to sargents upholstery in downtown jax today. After waiting for several hours the car was done by 2 pm. So we left the upholstery place and headed for lunch. After lunch we headed home and was very nervous because of the construction all over. But when I got home I noticed several things that really got me ****ed. Sorry for the language. But I'll just let the pics do the talking.
bcf09fb07a841038c1208c39bfbafbb4.jpg
53932a608ce9c6f1152110618f06c4aa.jpg
fdb574b78e945c2ecffa82e6043a25f2.jpg
bcb9864615694b1e6efbcceeed5ae748.jpg
078196a58c0d3246ba4678aa6988dd33.jpg
187d48e1b9d732c7ce4b24803c9c77fd.jpg
. Very unhappy at their work. They fixed the major discoloration issue. But when they put the seat back. The put the seat on top of the seatbelt connector. I'm pretty sure they forgot to connect the cooling seat wire. Because it partially doesn't cool the seat.
Sincerely very unpleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it back! Tell them they screwed it up they need to fix it!!!
I'm thinking if seat is partially cool it's an air duct that sends the air to the seat!

Take it back! Tell them they screwed it up they need to fix it!!!
I'm thinking if seat is partially cool it's an air duct that sends the air to the seat!

I sent them a pic of the scratch, then as I went to the gas station I noticed more issues that were not there before. So yes I'm taking it back after I get a quote from the local paint shop that I've used before.

Greetings, I would be taking my a.. back in a hurry to show the owner the problems & have them fix it right away as I wait on it... Next time you need something done you may want to go to your Cadillac Dealer & ask for suggestion who to take it to. Just a thought... Happy motoring:mad:

Greetings, I would be taking my a.. back in a hurry to show the owner the problems & have them fix it right away as I wait on it... Next time you need something done you may want to go to your Cadillac Dealer & ask for suggestion who to take it to. Just a thought... Happy motoring:mad:

I went to a auto paint and collision place today. They were to busy to help. But the person made me appointment for 2 pm eastern time. So trust me. I'm going back to that auto interior place asap. I've already sent him a picture of the mark. But that was after I saw the other problems. So unfortunately have to go back downtown Jacksonville and fight pot holes and construction detours and etc.

I went to a auto paint and collision place today. They were to busy to help. But the person made me appointment for 2 pm eastern time. So trust me. I'm going back to that auto interior place asap. I've already sent him a picture of the mark. But that was after I saw the other problems. So unfortunately have to go back downtown Jacksonville and fight pot holes and construction detours and etc.

Just a update. The paint and collision place can get me in. But it won't be until sept 13th. Then I went back up to sargents and after showing the guys their mistake. They agreed to repair the damage. The owner was glad I made the long drive back to their shop. So I'll be going in next week for the repair. It's still 1 1/2 months before the car show. So I'm still ahead of the game.

Just a update. The paint and collision place can get me in. But it won't be until sept 13th. Then I went back up to sargents and after showing the guys their mistake. They agreed to repair the damage. The owner was glad I made the long drive back to their shop. So I'll be going in next week for the repair. It's still 1 1/2 months before the car show. So I'm still ahead of the game.

Greetings, Glad that both can be fixed. Also the upholster shop will pay for damages. I am sure that is a big head ace from you. Good luck on both...:)

All shined up & ready to show!

The annual local Cadillac club show is Sept. 10, & since I am detail girl, can only work on the cars on the weekend, & physically can't handle washing 2 cars in one weekend :)bawling:), I started this weekend. Beauty went first, & I went ahead & gave it Zaino leather treatment, Zaino tire shine on the rubber seals, & Z-8 on the paint.

Plus I found a new use for Zaino tire shine -- tried it on my wheel wells since I knew it wouldn't sling & doesn't have silicon to mess up the paint, now they look 1,000 times better!

Victor gets shaped up next weekend. Then with any luck we'll have a tropical rain system on the 10th so Mike & I will get to just enjoy the XLR's shining in the garage ... :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 382
The annual local Cadillac club show is Sept. 10, & since I am detail girl, can only work on the cars on the weekend, & physically can't handle washing 2 cars in one weekend :)bawling:), I started this weekend. Beauty went first, & I went ahead & gave it Zaino leather treatment, Zaino tire shine on the rubber seals, & Z-8 on the paint.

Plus I found a new use for Zaino tire shine -- tried it on my wheel wells since I knew it wouldn't sling & doesn't have silicon to mess up the paint, now they look 1,000 times better!

Victor gets shaped up next weekend. Then with any luck we'll have a tropical rain system on the 10th so Mike & I will get to just enjoy the XLR's shining in the garage ... :lol:

Looking good... If you run out of things to clean you can start on my 4.... I normally do at least 2-3 on a given day... Best of luck in the show...:cool:

Wishing u good luck at the show. Hope one of the xlrs wins.

Man that color really pops inside that white garage! LOOKING AWESOME AS USUAL!

Thanks all you guys!

"Ol Timr," I'm thinking you're not so "old" if you're that productive, & you sure don't need my help! Your truck is a little too big for me to tackle, I like to stick to the smaller cars.... :cool:

Leave it in the garage,,,,don't touch it,,,,,

attachment.php

Awesome shine! :thumbsup

Hard work pays off......................

. Awesome shine! :thumbsup

Hard work pays off......................

Thanks -- it will stay in the garage untouched til the show, then it's off to enjoy driving it around. Dirt washes off, memories don't! :wave:

Well I'm back at the upholstery place and having them redue their mistake. The one guy came in to the waiting room and showed my mom and I the seat back. He said over time the air duct that leads to the seat back will break. He said it's a plastic piece. They will put some duct tape to keep it in place. Mom and I told him that when they removed the seat to get to the seat belt connector, the one guy was struggling to remove the seat. And that's probably how it broke. Strange thing is when I was in passengers side the seat and seat back both got cooled. So I'll go to the dealership and when they do the oil change and maintenance on it. I'll ask them how much to fix the cooling/heated module or atleast look at it. [emoji45][emoji27][emoji22][emoji24]

Well I'm back at the upholstery place and having them redue their mistake. The one guy came in to the waiting room and showed my mom and I the seat back. He said over time the air duct that leads to the seat back will break. He said it's a plastic piece. They will put some duct tape to keep it in place. Mom and I told him that when they removed the seat to get to the seat belt connector, the one guy was struggling to remove the seat. And that's probably how it broke. Strange thing is when I was in passengers side the seat and seat back both got cooled. So I'll go to the dealership and when they do the oil change and maintenance on it. I'll ask them how much to fix the cooling/heated module or atleast look at it. [emoji45][emoji27][emoji22][emoji24]

Greetings to hear that you are still having problems. I can bet that the dealer will tell you that they may not work on the seats in that fashion. Good luck on that. I know that you are not happy about using Duck Tape on a $100.000 car. I know that some of the parts & problems with my '03 T-bird one must take a back seat on some issues. Good luck with all.
Happy motoring...:dunno:

Thanks timr

I'm kicking myself for not taking a video of the guy trying to take my seat out. So I can show you all here. I just have the after effects of pics I took when I got home. But the one piece that has the lumbar support and seat adjust they are ordering and will try and have it here at sargents within a couple days. The one guy was surprised at the cost of the part though. $50. The bad thing is I'll have to make another trip here. It's like 45 min one way on a good day. And that's with all the construction on highway 95 in Jacksonville Florida.

Getting into that XLR for a 45 minute drive is not problem at all.

Yeper. Just the dealings with construction and other drivers. Anyway this was my final trip to sargents upholstery. The guy that was working on my car said he could order the part but it could be in a different color. He said all the computer said was that part in stock. But it could be a different color when shipped. So he reinstalled and put adhesive so it's in place now. But I'm still going to go have my service guys check it out to make sure it's satisfactory.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back