Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

back in AZ,,,,

3,600 + miles on the road the past three weeks............... seen just one other XLR :wave:

50-60 Vettes seen :cool:

I saw a black v behind me yesterday while heading to Oklahoma city and then I saw it in front of me and then I saw me in it lol..I wont see it again though, I left it at the dealer and brought home an ats-v. It is a very nice much updated car from the xlr, but I never thought I would get rid of my xlr. It was getting to the point where I was afraid every time I took it out that a headlight or taillight would get hurt and I would be sol. I am positive they had the car sold when I drove in with it. Someone got a very nice car and I'm sure I will wonder if I did the right thing, but as for now, that ats-v is wonderful. I decided if I missed it too much, there are some for sale in similar condition. I shall keep an eye on this forum in any case. Good luck to all xlr owners!!!

I saw a black v behind me yesterday while heading to Oklahoma city and then I saw it in front of me and then I saw me in it lol..I wont see it again though, I left it at the dealer and brought home an ats-v. It is a very nice much updated car from the xlr, but I never thought I would get rid of my xlr. It was getting to the point where I was afraid every time I took it out that a headlight or taillight would get hurt and I would be sol. I am positive they had the car sold when I drove in with it. Someone got a very nice car and I'm sure I will wonder if I did the right thing, but as for now, that ats-v is wonderful. I decided if I missed it too much, there are some for sale in similar condition. I shall keep an eye on this forum in any case. Good luck to all xlr owners!!!

Hope you enjoy you new ride but sorry to read you sold a better head turner than your newbie! May like you said another will fill your emptiness for the XLR again someday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghent Ohio

Back in northeast Ohio visiting family and saw a black 08 XLR-V with no license plates parked outside a small office building. No For Sale sign. Anyone know the story?

Do you see XLR'S.

Unionrunner
Im from Uniontown. I'm surprised at the XLR'S in this area. Month ago I crossed the intersection of 224 and Massolin RD and waved at a black XLR (he waved back). Last week on Sunday we were headed to brunch in Canton (55th) seen a newer red one we also greeted each other with a wave as we passed. Two weeks ago my neighbor told me there was an XLR (red)out by a road less than a mile from my home. I told her she was probably wrong. Naturally I had to drive down to see for myself. There it was 05 base shale in red out 50,000 for $26,500 which is still for sale. I check all the time around her for ones up for sale. Towell usually has one every eight months. I do not know anything about the 08 you are referring too. Where exactly did you see it,I'd like to check it out.
Bob:cool:

Unionrunner
Im from Uniontown. I'm surprised at the XLR'S in this area. Month ago I crossed the intersection of 224 and Massolin RD and waved at a black XLR (he waved back). Last week on Sunday we were headed to brunch in Canton (55th) seen a newer red one we also greeted each other with a wave as we passed. Two weeks ago my neighbor told me there was an XLR (red)out by a road less than a mile from my home. I told her she was probably wrong. Naturally I had to drive down to see for myself. There it was 05 base shale in red out 50,000 for $26,500 which is still for sale. I check all the time around her for ones up for sale. Towell usually has one every eight months. I do not know anything about the 08 you are referring too. Where exactly did you see it,I'd like to check it out.
Bob:cool:

The XLR was on the west side of N. Cleveland Massilon Rd. just north of Yellow Creek Rd between Lanings Restaurant and Gasoline Alley Deli. I lived in the Cuyahoga Valley north of Akron and knew there was a black XLR-V in Brecksville and a few others around including a nice red XLR-V down by Navarre. Towell serviced ours and last I knew they had two XLR certified mechanics and a third with Corvette experience on their service team. They do a fair internet business so the XLRs they get don't stay around long.

Do you see XLRs?

unionrunner
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out!

Bob:thumbsup

Counting cars fighting ford pt 2 , season 4 ep 20. 2015 the count has a silver or white in the shop background. Don't know what year though

I am sorry you let fear deprive you the privilege of owning A XLR. We on this forum must be careful not to scare our members and future buyers about complexity and parts availability, this will only serve to devalue these great automobiles. There is nothing about these machines that can't be repaired, replaced or modified to keep them on the road.:thumbsup

I am sorry you let fear deprive you the privilege of owning A XLR. We on this forum must be careful not to scare our members and future buyers about complexity and parts availability, this will only serve to devalue these great automobiles. There is nothing about these machines that can't be repaired, replaced or modified to keep them on the road.:thumbsup

You may have taken my statement somewhat wrong. I have been looking for an ats-v for a while, and while I would like to have had both cars, it seemed like a good time to let the xlr go for previously stated reasons, and the fact that I could actually afford the ats that way. I drove the xlr on a 24 hour trip each way in january and it was flawless. However if a headlight were to get ruined, I believe it would be a disaster. I'm not sure your statement is accurate, however it might be. If you happen to be wrong, the car would be next to worthless at that point, and the new car will be totally repairable. The ats will NEVER get the attention the xlr did no doubt. Just think how cheap I can get an xlr down the road if the headlights are unavailable. The new owner of mine is a collector and is putting it up. I hope they are always repairable and good luck to all who still have them.

On unavailable parts vs. value vs. fear etc.: watch a Barrett-Jackson or Mecum auction on TV sometime. Pay attention to how many 50-60+ year old cars there are of which there are very few examples but the one up for auction has managed to be restored. That's the consolation to me - not that XLR's will be that valuable, & not that it wouldn't cost an arm & a leg to fabricate parts to fix one up, but the fact that that kind of thing can be done.

And there's always a restomod option, even if it's just the shell of the XLR on top of something else ...

On unavailable parts vs. value vs. fear etc.: watch a Barrett-Jackson or Mecum auction on TV sometime. Pay attention to how many 50-60+ year old cars there are of which there are very few examples but the one up for auction has managed to be restored. That's the consolation to me - not that XLR's will be that valuable, & not that it wouldn't cost an arm & a leg to fabricate parts to fix one up, but the fact that that kind of thing can be done.

And there's always a restomod option, even if it's just the shell of the XLR on top of something else ...

I am not afraid of most anything when it comes to cars. However, I am yet to see anyone fab up headlights or taillights. I had a 69 super bee 440 six pack and was not afraid to race it. It can all be fixed. I wasn't afraid to race the xlr, matter of fact it quite fun beating a scat pak challenger! I was at Barrett Jackson this winter in Phoenix and saw an xlr go through even. I truly loved that xlr and the ats will never get as many looks, but it will go way faster and that matters to me also. Like I said if I get too sad over it, I can go buy one later, likely cheaper, though not likely nicer.

It's not alone

I don't believe that the XLR is or is going to be the only car that may have some parts with very limited availability. I believe there are lots of other low-production cars that have or will have the same situation. We just don't discuss them here.

Another thing I believe. If my XLR is damaged as the result of someone else's error, like a collision where they are at fault, and parts can't be obtained, I believe that I can force their insurance company to find me another XLR to replace it. This happens all the time with vehicles that are totaled. Just need a good attorney!

I have purchased and "stashed" a few spare parts, just as others here have done. Can not and will not try to buy one of everything, but have a few items more likely to be needed.

Bottom line, I'm going to drive it and enjoy it. Worry is not in my playbook, caution is.

Half a dozen posts after I say I don't see that many XLRs in the Northwest, I'm here reporting that I saw a black XLR (Northstar) on Olympic View headed south towards Edmonds, WA on Thursday. If you're on the forum PM me - you were about a mile from our home and we'd love to meet up and share our XLR experiences.

Just saw a gold mist with a chrome mesh grill. 1:30 pm heading out of the outlet center drive or Feilds Cadillac in St Augustine Florida on Friday afternoon.

25398315e224efa6625f1dc8b5bb0cee.jpg

957220903411a879ecc3869a8c244fe6.jpg

49e005ec4f9dd793195d038a78ce437d.jpg

Watching counting cars episode sweet Lamborghini of mine. S6 eps 01 2016 swear I just saw a white custom painted Xlr in background.

Counting Cars

I saw that white XLR too on Counting Cars, but no info about it anywhere.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom