Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

Nice eye there Phil105

9e5fc75af2b4349ffaeab85030ea498d.jpg

One would think this guy would have motorized his turntable - hell, the whole house turns, why have a manual car turntable!!:dunno:

I saw this white XLR-V today - went to get a haircut & a fellow commented, "I see a CTS coupe out there, whose is that?" I fessed up (had stuff to do such that I left the XLR at home), & he told me he had the V sitting outside. Turns out he's a manager at a local Cadillac dealership. We had a good conversation & I enjoyed meeting him!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 307
XLR @ Mecum auction

Saw this 04 at the Mecum auction today in Kissimmee FL, in the Unsold/Still Available lot. High bid of $22,000.00 would not buy it, looked to be in nice shape.

While I was taking a closer looking at it I had to correct some guy telling his buddy how some of these came with V12's, I had to excuse myself for interrupting to tell him there were no V12's. Of course he was pretty sure there were some production V12's so I corrected him again, and threw in a few facts about production numbers, horsepower of the base V8's VS the the supercharged XLR-V's etc. So he conceded that 'she seems to know her stuff' about the XLR's but swore he saw a test of a V12......

BTW: the guy with his hands in his pockets that is more interested in a truck parked a few spots down is my hubby Steve.

Attachments

• DSCN1963.jpg
    DSCN1963.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 364
  • DSCN1964.jpg
    DSCN1964.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 421
That's like almost every car show they make this remark
" Is this the one with Corvette Motor" LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

While I was taking a closer looking at it I had to correct some guy telling his buddy how some of these came with V12's, I had to excuse myself for interrupting to tell him there were no V12's. Of course he was pretty sure there were some production V12's so I corrected him again, and threw in a few facts about production numbers, horsepower of the base V8's VS the the supercharged XLR-V's etc. So he conceded that 'she seems to know her stuff' about the XLR's but swore he saw a test of a V12

Good for you! At least in my area I typically find guys either ignore women when they talk about cars or just think they're wrong, so if Mike ends up talking to another guy at a car show I usually don't join in - not worth the effort! Maybe the guy's reaction is kind of understandable since most women I've been around think my XLR is a Corvette. :pat: However, yesterday I did meet a couple of fellows that I had great car conversations with (maybe because Mike wasn't around ... :dunno:)

Your story is kinda the reverse of a conversation I had with a guy while Mike was buying his GT500 from a Cadillac dealer (& doing so out from under this guy). The GT500 was outside (after a test drive), & a base XLR was inside the showroom. The guy commented that the GT500 was fast, then pointed at the XLR & said, "But that's faster!" I said "No, it's not" & walked off before I got myself in trouble. :shedevil

Lakewood Ranch FL sighting

Steve & I were leaving the Lakewoood Ranch car show today in our 64 Acadian wagon, waiting to turn onto Route 70 when a 04 or 05 XLR zipped by, It looked to be a Blue Steel and I got my camera out and caught this photo as it was heading off the ramp onto I-75 south. We were going the same direction but about 5 cars behind and it was heavy traffic so we never caught up to it and it exited the highway at Route 72, 10-15 miles south.

The car show was well attended, they usually get around 2500 cars at it: all pre 1991 and just as many spectators, so I am guessing the owner may have been in the spectator parking area.

Attachments

• DSCN2006.jpg
    DSCN2006.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 352
Saw a white one today right before I got on the interstate, thought it might be the dealer guy I met a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't a V (like he has). Mike asked me if it had FL tags in case Schooley was invading our area. :chuckle Nope!

I also regularly see a blue '05 that hasn't moved in a couple of years & is parked in the grass beside a house. I have assumed it's in lawn ornament stage by now, although it still looks nice. However, there may be hope as someone was standing next to the hood picking off leaves (or something) when I passed by this weekend, so maybe I'll actually see it on the road some day.

Hate that lawn ornament

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Boyd Coddington & XLR's??

We were watching American Hotrod featuring Boyd Coddington's shop. While the focus of the show was a '36 Ford Coupe they were working on, in the first few minutes of the show a black base XLR was in the background with shiny solid flat disk wheels, the only opening was where you might put a center cap. Not a very good look to me. Rest of the car appeared to be stock. Pretty surprised to see that in his shop.

26d112763a9a4cb404afa5a23adf6a7b.jpg

Las Vegas, Nevada.

This short video was supposed to be me taking a few seconds of a local owner reversing his XLR from the post office. Prior to this video I had followed him and he stopped to drop off some mail. We talked briefly and then said good bye. I got my camera phone out and place it over the roof of my car trying to capture the moment. Well, I captured the moment, but I wasn't expecting this.

WARNING: Not for the faint of heart. View with caution!

https://vimeo.com/155321820

Sorry, but the camera angle wasn't spot on (glad it wasn't come to think of it). That's me you hear saying, "ouch" cringing and gnashing my teeth as I heard the sound of the car going up and down on the high curb.

Last edited:
36d606802ac15a221ccaa4e04c4fef98.jpg

Spotted in Bakersfield Ca.

On my way to pick up my XLR is saw something with an unusual shape. It was a Black XLRV! I slowed down to take a look at this beauty and to my surprise it was a woman that was driving. The car matched the driver to a T. The paint was flawless without a speck of dirt on the paint.

0133b181609cd3fc0e95d5fdb3b0f710.jpg

518cdbc9d278414f10a4374ce4a2d027.jpg

31667706f722dacb2933311928913d34.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the dirty camera picks.

Last edited:
3b9272511f1fab9140693a027c74ef46.jpg

4572ec750cd7fb758e9510fb6cb6fdc2.jpg

Last edited:
Bakersfield, CA

Today, I saw a Infrared base XLR with it's top down. I tried to catch up, but it was too late and no pictures.;) Anyway, I notice the wheels were wider with appeared to be wire wheels (old style) with white walls and gold trim on the tires. It was my the first time seeing the car.

Today, I saw a Infrared base XLR with it's top down. I tried to catch up, but it was too late and no pictures.;) Anyway, I notice the wheels were wider with appeared to be wire wheels (old style) with white walls and gold trim on the tires. It was my the first time seeing the car.

Sounds like Vogue tires. See them on a lot of Cadillacs (usually older years)

Cadillac-Escalade-2015-IMG_9627.jpg

ffb83af0dd15bea935a7dff194ce784c.jpg

Today in Fresno, CA

Side pipes.......

Sorry no photo's folks. Yesterday Steve was in Hamilton Ontario and saw a Black XLR with chrome outside 'lake' pipes on it. He said it looked 'nasty' but I am guessing its owner likes them. Mind you he does not like lake pipes on classic cars either.

Sorry no photo's folks. Yesterday Steve was in Hamilton Ontario and saw a Black XLR with chrome outside 'lake' pipes on it. He said it looked 'nasty' but I am guessing its owner likes them. Mind you he does not like lake pipes on classic cars either.

While driving back to the office today in my truck, I had seen a Red I believe it was like the infra color, today look like an elderly couple, it was a base model so couldn't tell what year, but it was raining out! It was too pretty to drive in the rain....lol I know our little area around here has about 5 XLR's so now this makes a total of 6

I'm glad you didn't have photos because that would be hard to "unsee!" I actually like those pipes on classic Corvettes, but I just don't picture them working very well on a XLR. Yuck!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom