Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

While getting a wheel alignment today, the owner said I saw a nice sliver XLR with custom wheels visiting his next door neighbor. I told him to take pictures.:blinzel:

I just got back from doing a quick run to my dealer. (I actually pick up the touch up paint that I ordered). The sales guys, after trying to get me to sell, upgrade, trade in, my beauty, said that they just sold a 08 black base with around 55k. Didn't tell me the price though.
When I left though. They had a 68 or 69 4 door but I couldn't look close enough to find out what kind of caddy it was. All I know is it looks like a boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got back from doing a quick run to my dealer. (I actually pick up the touch up paint that I ordered). The sales guys, after trying to get me to sell, upgrade, trade in, my beauty, said that they just sold a 08 black base with around 55k. Didn't tell me the price though.
When I left though. They had a 68 or 69 4 door but I couldn't look close enough to find out what kind of caddy it was. All I know is it looks like a boat.

Did it look like the one I seen on page 20 here in this thread? It's yellow with I think a white top.

Driving behind a silver XLR

Today, I finally saw a silver XLR in Fresno California at the Michael Cadillac dealership.:D I was there checking in at the parts department for a XLR V rear sway bar and connecting pieces.

Mom and I were headed back from the dog groomers and I saw a red 05 or 06 waiting at the gate or pulling into the St. John's forest subdivisions back entrance in St. John's Florida. It might've been Bruce in his xlr. Whoever it was wasn't driving topless. The must've thought it was really hot out or they just got the car cleaned up. My he nice thing abt our red cars they look clean from a distance even when they haven't been washed for several weeks.

The gentleman who was driving the silver XLR looked to be in his 60's. I wanted to stop and chit-chat, but I guess he didn't notice that I was following him. I pulled next to him (just like I did to the other owner in the Bay Area) and he didn't look over. Well, I guess he was busy and didn't want to play ball. I took a a quick video while I was behind him until we reached the red light. So far that makes (2) infareds, (1) silver, and (1) black XLR in that town. Given that there are less than 17,000 XLR made that's pretty good number for Fresno, CA. No doubt there's more, but I've only seen four. I saw a silver XLR in Tehachapi, CA last year or so.:) Makes you wonder what state or city has the most XLR's?:dunno:

It is crazy our little local area around here I know of 8 and last year 1 was for sale and that only in about a 50 mile radius!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I saw another silver XLR today headed towards the coast around 14:38hr. It was a guy in his 30-40 sporting a beard. We spotted each other as we both came around a tight turn, so there was little time to way, but I attempted to flash my lights at him. I realised that during the day my lights don't flash (something I did not know). :rolleyes: I don't know what year it was, but it wasn't a 2009 nor was it a XLRV.

I see XLR-Vs in my garage!!

Hi, the only XLR-Vs I see are the ones in my garage. In fact, I have only seen two base XLRs (and no Vs) in the past three years. I live in Assonet, Massachusetts which is in the southeastern part of the state. Amazing. Where are the XLRs? the XLR-Vs? I have four Vs and I would not ever part with any one of them. Was considering adding a 2007 Liquid Amethyst or 2007 Passion red to the stable, but have changed my mind to concentrate on another 2009 V, especially grey flannel or Elektra blue. I just missed a 2009 Black Raven with 13K miles. (actually the owner of the dealership grabbed it for his wife.)

I would love to have a get together for XLR and XLR-V owners sometime in the future! Please let me know who is interested.

Thank you,

Pat Rogers
Alpine_V

I also own:

2007 Xenon Blue XLR-V
2008 Alpine White XLR-V
2009 Red Tintcoat XLR-V
2009 Black Cherry XLR-V

I would love to have a get together for XLR and XLR-V owners sometime in the future! Please let me know who is interested.

Thank you,

Pat Rogers
Alpine_V

I also own:

2007 Xenon Blue XLR-V
2008 Alpine White XLR-V
2009 Red Tintcoat XLR-V
2009 Black Cherry XLR-V

I know it's a LONG way for you to drive, but consider coming out to Montana in August. Check out the "MT Rocket Run 2014" thread under Events... it's going to be a BLAST!!!

I too would like to see another get together. But I'm way down in north florida. I think that's around 20 hrs from you. Give or take how fast someone drives.

On another note though. I saw a black xlr. The car was here in st Aug fl on county rd 16 down by 4 mile rd. the short cut to get to county rd 207 and 312. All I could do is wave but I couldn't tell what yr. because by the time I saw it they were past me.

Last edited:
Pull in to the supermarket yesterday and...

2 xlr's.jpg

You are welcome to join us for the Arthritis Foundation Car Show in July. We are having a group of XLR's participating in Dublin, Ohio. This is a great event with most of the activities on Friday and Saturday. Hope we see you here in the Buckeye State.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Batting 2 for 2

I can't believe it. I've seen two XLR's in two days, on the same road, and doing the same time. It doesn't get any better than this and to top it off it was a dark gray XLR.:D This time around I got a chance to wave at the driver and he waved back and it was a beautiful spot to witness. We both were negotiating a tight turn and as I was coming down the hill he was coming up around and I saw a good side view of his car which look like a base pre 2009 XLR.:blinzel:

Okay... Disbelief is....

Disbelief is the word of the day. I too for the 1st time saw 2 XLR's with one a dark blue base model being about a block from my home and the other a black V rolling opposite direction while in Chicago. I snapped a pic of the blue one but the V and I were both on the move but the entire ordeal made my day.

I'm gonna have to stop by the neighbor's when I have time and see who the blue one belonged to.
20140427_150139_resized.jpg

Hi, the only XLR-Vs I see are the ones in my garage. In fact, I have only seen two base XLRs (and no Vs) in the past three years. I live in Assonet, Massachusetts which is in the southeastern part of the state. Amazing. Where are the XLRs? the XLR-Vs? I have four Vs and I would not ever part with any one of them. Was considering adding a 2007 Liquid Amethyst or 2007 Passion red to the stable, but have changed my mind to concentrate on another 2009 V, especially grey flannel or Elektra blue. I just missed a 2009 Black Raven with 13K miles. (actually the owner of the dealership grabbed it for his wife.)

Thank you,

Pat Rogers
Alpine_V

I also own:

2007 Xenon Blue XLR-V
2008 Alpine White XLR-V
2009 Red Tintcoat XLR-V
2009 Black Cherry XLR-V

HI Pat, if you want a get together check out your post and mine last feb. in the events forum. I put a trip together to NH in july?? Al :)

Saw another

First one I've seen in awhile. This was going northbound on the 15 Frwy about 5 miles north of the 10 Frwy.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom