Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

Siting at Taco Bell around 6:43 pm Friday in st Augustine Florida. Saw a black Xlr. Don't know if it was heading on to 95 or not. But it was heading east

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My baby made a new friend at BestBuy...

SunsetDuo.jpg

I was heading out of town one day this week when I saw a Black XLR just a few miles from home.

I have 2 friends in town that have Black XLRs (BobW is one of them), but the one I saw was not either one of theirs.

I'm going to Best Buy today,,,,

My baby made a new friend at BestBuy...

View attachment 5528

Now that's worth reporting on,,,,,much better than >>> "seen a black XLR at 11:18/42 seconds AM, on BFE Route 117 at E. Hollars Road, near Toadsville Corners,,,,traveling east with top up and dark tinted windows, and I couldn't tell who was driving"
icon9.gif

just saying.....

p z

traveling with my mom I see more XLRs then i do when im driving in mine. Today around 11:55 am on sat I saw a red 09 or 08 heading south on 95 here in St. augustine. The car was between international golf park way and the county road 16 in the fast lane. It had the chrome side panels by the door. But i was heading in the opposite direction. Seems like this year is the yr to see xlrs out and about.

I was going through the small town of Dallas NC yesterday afternoon and saw a 2004 or 2005 in black parked at a small private club.

It may have been the one I saw a few weeks ago in a different area but still not far from home.

Just have to share... While I was building my XLR, I kept seeing a beautiful silver '09 over in my part of town driven by an attractive older professionally dressed woman with Florida plates. Once I finally got mine finished, I have not seen it again. Well on my way home from work last evening I see it a few vehicles in front of me and in a lane to my right. I get up beside her, and lightly tap my horn to say "hi." Nothing...no response. So I beep it again...a little more aggressively. She turns to glare at me and the look goes from eat hot death for bothering me to a huge smile and a wave as soon as it registers I am in an XLR too. Needless to say I grinned from ear to ear waved back to her and drove on my merry way home humming a happy little tune. XLR's...a unifying factor in a big bad world. :cool:

Cars & Coffee

I live in Grapevine & have a 2008 White XLR that I sometimes take to Cars & Coffee the 1st Saturday each month. Do you ever attend?
Amazing! I've lived in Dallas for about 5 yrs now, and I've seen one at a show and one on the road. That's it!

Cars & Coffee

I have gone to a couple down in OC, there are about 5 members that go almost every Saturday. I was in the first group of XLR's for Rendezvous 1 in Albuquerque, we could only mustard up 6 cars, after that the next rendezvous were with over a hundred cars in Bowling Green twice and San Antonio was my last. The ego's took over from a Chicago bunch that were rude and very distasteful & I discontinued going. Every time I go grocery shopping I'm at a car show, there's always someone waiting to talk to me about my V. I'm the car show. I'm sure you get the same attention.:blinzel:

I live in Grapevine & have a 2008 White XLR that I sometimes take to Cars & Coffee the 1st Saturday each month. Do you ever attend?

These cars should have come out with 20" rims & a back up camera for the money. Both times we went to Bowling Green for Rendezvous 2 & 3 with over 200 people both times we sat down with designers & sales people & asked for back up cameras and don't put the shark gills on the front fenders of the 09. Did they listen, of course not. Asked them both times if they were going to continue the XLR and their answer was absolutely & with out a doubt. Six months later they announced the end of the XLR. Any questions?
My advice is to never believe a car salesman or car maker.:(

Sunday at the Hines Park drive cruise near Detroit. Saw a nice black XLR.

View attachment 5596

JAWS...

My advice is to never believe a car salesman or car maker.:(

I'll have to agree................. 99% BS

",,,,the shark gills on the front fenders of the 09."

I gave thought to buying a new '09.....but the more I looked at that shark gill, the more I was turned off
icon9.gif

Later, down the road I settled for a low mileage '05 ,,,, but have to take the abuse of the wart on the trunk lid. So noted.

In fairness to the end of production ............ the economy collapse in late '08 spelled out the death warrant for the XLR. Lack of sales and dealers not wanting a model

sitting in inventory taking up floor plan dollars was understandable.

I'm just glad to have one, to enjoy the experience .....

Well around 9:25am on Tuesday August 25th on san jose blvd in jax fl. Saw a grey one. The car was stopped at a light across the street. To far for me to notice what yr. was going to snap a pic but my phone was off. They finally caught up with me but when mom and I turned they went straight. This was near Jacksonville (Baptist) orthopedic hostpital.

The idea of a cell phone for older people is for emergencies, that spotting of a grey XLR was an emergency. Keep your phone on, you can't dial 911 when it's off.:wave:
Well around 9:25am on Tuesday August 25th on san jose blvd in jax fl. Saw a grey one. The car was stopped at a light across the street. To far for me to notice what yr. was going to snap a pic but my phone was off. They finally caught up with me but when mom and I turned they went straight. This was near Jacksonville (Baptist) orthopedic hostpital.

We rendezvous attendees at Bowling Green back in 08 took a poll on shark gills. 78% said no, they didn't listen. We also took a poll in 07 at Bowing Green on the price and found buyers wouldn't buy again if they kept going up in price without any credible add ons, like DVR recorders for adding songs instead of discs, rear camera's, (should have been in first XLR), 20" rims all around with more rim options, more color options, cold cup holders or refrigerated glove box for water bottles & find a way to put adaptive cruise control in the V's like the Base model had were the items most wanting. Off course that never happened.
All automakers never took the lead, they were always following the innovators, like removing hood ornaments,
de-chroming, no door handles, remote control trunk latches, dual exhaust & on & on. They should have hired the innovators instead of engineers straight out of college that had no idea what people wanted. Step back away from the small SUV and it looks like a turtle with wheels.
I'm done. I needed to get that out of my system.:bash:

I'll have to agree................. 99% BS

",,,,the shark gills on the front fenders of the 09."

I gave thought to buying a new '09.....but the more I looked at that shark gill, the more I was turned off
icon9.gif

Later, down the road I settled for a low mileage '05 ,,,, but have to take the abuse of the wart on the trunk lid. So noted.

In fairness to the end of production ............ the economy collapse in late '08 spelled out the death warrant for the XLR. Lack of sales and dealers not wanting a model

sitting in inventory taking up floor plan dollars was understandable.

I'm just glad to have one, to enjoy the experience .....

The ego's took over from a Chicago bunch that were rude and very distasteful & I discontinued going.:blinzel:

Did you like anybody there, Bob? I talked to you. Had your daughter with you that year, didn't you?

Of course I liked most, but after the attempt of making expensive maps for trips to that German town I believe was Fredericksburg & Corpus Christy and getting a car washer behind the hotel for those three days was a bit of work and it seemed like the Chicago bunch went to a lot of trouble to ignore the work Dale from Wyoming & I had done and went on there own merry way. I also was dealing with water in my legs that made the trip unbearable. I was suppose to give an address to all about Blue Bunny & how it got started but had to cancel out. Being hung out to dry to the last possible second following a certain black XLR wasn't my idea of good driving, I was just faced with 6' tall delineation cones and no way to move to the right which that tore my fender loose and had to have a screw put in at the bottom to hold it in place. My daughter & I could have easily killed that day had I not snuggled up to the big rig on the right of me. That was 6 years ago as I recollect.
Did you like anybody there, Bob? I talked to you. Had your daughter with you that year, didn't you?

I do! Hopefully we can meet there sometime!

My c7 and c3 at the show one month.....Hooters and Sugar.jpg

I've not had the XLR there yet.

Of course I liked most, but after the attempt of making expensive maps for trips to that German town I believe was Fredericksburg & Corpus Christy and getting a car washer behind the hotel for those three days was a bit of work and it seemed like the Chicago bunch went to a lot of trouble to ignore the work Dale from Wyoming & I had done and went on there own merry way. I also was dealing with water in my legs that made the trip unbearable. I was suppose to give an address to all about Blue Bunny & how it got started but had to cancel out. Being hung out to dry to the last possible second following a certain black XLR wasn't my idea of good driving, I was just faced with 6' tall delineation cones and no way to move to the right which that tore my fender loose and had to have a screw put in at the bottom to hold it in place. My daughter & I could have easily killed that day had I not snuggled up to the big rig on the right of me. That was 6 years ago as I recollect.

Wow!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back