Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

When were you guys there? We did a princess cruise and were in st Thomas about 10/28.
Bob & Marianne

We were on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas, and big, BIG ship! 11/7 - 11/15.

Well thanks for sharing. I'm headed to st Thomas on a cruise out of canaveral. I leave on the 5th my 2nd port is st Thomas the 1st is Nassau the last is st marten. I will try and look out for this Xlr when I'm over there.

We took a tour called: 5-Star island tour. The house with the XLR was on the road going up to a place called Mountain Top, it was on the drivers side of the bus, probably the only road going up there. There's a view of all the other island there and big gift shop to shop (of coarse there's shopping).

While I was just getting ready to leave my dealership. My service guy told me he had one just come into the service bay. He said there was a major problem though. Besides the regular oil change (I'm guessing) the car had a minor problem. The drivers seat (plastic edge cover) had popped off. But by the time I could take a pic of it. My phone battery died. I was talking with a 04 owner and their visor club had broken off. She was talking to the parts guy about getting a new one. He told her that was discontinued. Even eBay didn't have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448664188.791328.jpg

Only one other,,,,

Just returned home from second vacation trip during 2015 > over 5000 miles driven and only seen one other XLR, and that was in July north of Denver on I-25 south.

Unlike Camaros and Mustangs,,,,and 1.2 million SUV types on the road I seen.

Life is too short to drive a boring vehicle.........

Man shot 3 times by relative at St. Augustine gun range

This was just brought to my attention. If you look around the 7 sec mark behind the cop car, you'll see what looks like mine. This is NOT me!!!!!! Unless someone snuck into my garage and came into my house, knew where I keep my key fob, then drove it out for the day and cleaned it up from the dust and dirt. Just wanted to clear this up. My car and I are not in the news. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449021611.469927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took a tour called: 5-Star island tour. The house with the XLR was on the road going up to a place called Mountain Top, it was on the drivers side of the bus, probably the only road going up there. There's a view of all the other island there and big gift shop to shop (of coarse there's shopping).

My mom and I just got back from a cruise that stopped in st Thomas. Our taxi driver was a part time school bus and part time taxi driver. I said I bet a Cadillac Xlr would have a hard time on these winding roads. I mentioned I have a Xlr. She told me that this island has 2. By that time mom and I were at our destination. So maybe it was really 2 or just 1 which is the same car she has seen 2x. Guess I'll never know

1 pm Tuesday dec 15th. Saw a stark white going south on I-95 around the Wgv area exit of 323. Far left lane. I was however going north. My iPhone was barried in my pocket. I guess my wish now is to get a helmet , eye glass or dash cam. That way I can always be on picture mode. Well at least this made my day

Seen XLR

I live in Panama City Florida. There are two Crimson Pearl in this small town, mine and one more. Rarely see one on the road.

157bf3d5a926164c673bb62b420c3ebf.jpg

Darth Vader,,,,

Also at least one got inside the headlights & painted the silver black - wonder how that was done?

cadillac-xlr-c271416082015195414_1.jpg

Looks more like they used 'dark clear film' or 'limo window tint film' on the headlights........jmo

Apparently the Europeans upload the pics to an "auto spotting" site when they see one! Le Mans style stripes seem to be a big thing (?). Also at least one got inside the headlights & painted the silver black - wonder how that was done?

Exotic Car Spots | Worldwide & Hourly Updated! ? Autogespot - Cadillac XLR

I agree he got inside them. Their were acouple spotting s of the same car with more pictures. You can see the grayish outline around the lense perfectly which would tell me he didn't overlay a film on the outside. The small running light near the center still had the reflective area around it with a crisp separation. The orange side marker looks toned down. It looks to me that he either fogged the inside with a translucent gray or matte black finish? Looks good IMO taillights too:thumbsup
I notice acouple other variances like the side markers/turnsignals in the fenders. Don't the cts and other models have that in US? Don't like it on the X though.
The black one had California plates spotted in the Ukraine? Pricey transport!

I notice acouple other variances like the side markers/turnsignals in the fenders. Don't the cts and other models have that in US? Don't like it on the X though.

I think the turn signals in the fenders is an European-spec thing, just like they have requirements for different brake lights (usually clear lens) & rear fog lamps. The U.S. version of the last generation STS had the fender signal lights. I don't find them nearly as effective as putting a signal marker on the side view mirror.

2004 at the SW Florida car show

Today Steve & I attended the South West Florida Car Show in Fort Myers in our 64 Acadian Beaumont station wagon. At the show I met an interesting fellow, Art and his 2004 Satin Nickel XLR.

We had a nice chat, he told me how he had owned just about every British two seat sports car when he was younger and how in his later years had gotten heavily into classic BMW's but had found there was 'no classic BMW scene' on the south gulf coast of Florida. Last year he had been trying to decide what he wanted next for 'here' in the way of a semi-modern sports car - when he saw a woman driving an XLR: but he had no idea what it was. He followed her until she had finally stopped, although when he approached her she said she was 'that close' to calling the police thinking she had a stalker. Crazy, he had never seen one before and knew nothing about Cadillac's etc, but now knew he had to have one...... more story there but suffice to say he is now the proud owner of this 2004 that had around 50,000 miles when he purchased it. I asked him what he thought about it and he absolutely loves it.
:blinzel:

We talked a bit about his other old cars too: suffice to say I will see more of Art at local car shows etc. Anyway, I gave him my XLR card and told him about the web site and the registry and he said he will check us out!

Attachments

• DSCN1932.jpg
    DSCN1932.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 336
Fresh pics!

953e8c10db1082ba19b67f0256d6fb9a.jpg

95a0124a0fc6d05d2ad654bf23ebf0f4.jpg

Curly,,,,,nice capture,, even departing the scene. Those wheels on the black look pretty darn good.

Thanks for posting..

p z

Nice eye there Phil105

9e5fc75af2b4349ffaeab85030ea498d.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC