Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

End of an Era

XLR-V Lover

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Black XLR-V
This is the end of the road for my owning XLRs. I've enjoyed owning an XLR and two "V"s. The last one was taken out by an old woman who didn't bother stopping at a stop sign ("I blacked out" :mad: ). Thankfully, no damage to yours truly.

The insurance co (Hartford--excellent by the way) who insured the woman was very helpful in getting me just about what I was looking for after they totaled her--mainly because there are no parts around to have her put back together again.

So, it's back to a Vette for me. Will begin the process tomorrow.

I'll be keeping an eye on all of you though.

IMG_0244.JPG IMG_0241.JPG

Glad you are ok. So sad to see your baby torn up. :(

So sorry to hear of your accident. Thank God you're O.K.

There's always another car, but not another you.

Glad to hear you're okay. Sorry to see your V in such a condition. Other than seeing it in pictures, the C7 looks like a great ride. I just watched MotorWeek's show about the Stingray and the Z51package appears to be the way to go.

Let us know what you decide on and if it happens to be a Stingray, post pictures of the dashboard and gauges.

If you were able to attend the Homecoming and the plant tour you know more about the C7 than I do!

I'm so sorry, but thank God you're ok! Cars are replaceable. You are not.

If you don't mind me asking, can you post or send me the VIN with details on the car, so I can put it in the Registry as totaled?

Glad you are okay, but it hurts to see a beautiful XLR meet an untimely demise. I suspect (hope) someone will save her though.
Bruce

Glad that you are OK...... :cool:

Painful to See!!

Sorry to hear about your V, Floyd. Glad to hear you are OK!! I suspect you'll be looking into the new C7!! They are a beautiful car. The plant tour in BG made up my mind! I may be getting one in the future to add to my collection!!

Don't be a stranger here and post up some pics of the new ride when you get it! Tell Maryann, Supa & I said hello!!

I really appreciate all the good wishes, for myself and the recently departed "V." I'll keep you posted as to which set of wheels will be next to carry me around.

Sorry to see any XLR in that condition, but really glad you're ok. Guess it shows these have some good safety features given how torn up yours is.

Since you've involuntarily had to leave the XLR cult, really hope you'll keep posting as owner emeritus!

sorry to see another in that shape

Glad you are okay. The one I bought was pretty bad, could have bought a ready driver but could not pass up the challenge to put it back on the road. Look forward to seeing your new ride have owned a vets in the past 60, 62, 63 and enjoyed them all. Rocky

This is the end of the road for my owning XLRs. I've enjoyed owning an XLR and two "V"s. The last one was taken out by an old woman who didn't bother stopping at a stop sign ("I blacked out" :mad: ). Thankfully, no damage to yours truly.

The insurance co (Hartford--excellent by the way) who insured the woman was very helpful in getting me just about what I was looking for after they totaled her--mainly because there are no parts around to have her put back together again.

View attachment 3434 View attachment 3435
Dang, glad you are OK, but how fast were you going?

I was traveling exactly 45mph, I know this for suire as I had just passed a parked cop a block before, and like we all do, immediately checked the speed I was traveling. The speed limit is 45 along this part of the road.

Like everyone else that has posted, glad to hear you're OK!! Although sad to see your V is such shape. Looks about like mine did when I started on her; I would hope someone will pick yours up and do the same to it as I did to the one I bought...

Wow sorry to see this but glad your ok! Hope you enjoy your Corvette as much as the XLR's! GOOD LUCK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Haven't been on often as I am still unpacking boxes from the big move back to Colorado. I am sure glad you were not hurt. Sorry the XLR got wiped out.

Floyd
Hope things are ok with you. I wonder if you may have a way of finding out where your V is ending up. The way things are going with the parts on the XLR it may help one of the members if they could get a contact to the car if not to bring it back, but for parts. Happy to hear physically things turned out good and you are OK.:(
V Happy

Ah, Floyd, that's a sad sight. Are you going to buy the salvage? You oughta, yano. Heck, I'm a candidate to take those rims/tires off your hands. Think about all the stuff that's NOT destroyed. Electronics, engine, seats, parts of the body, hydraulics, etc.

Food for thought, eh? Buying the salvage is usually not that expensive. FWIW

Tim

View attachment 3434 View attachment 3435

Condolences

Knowing the area you live (Spring Hill) where the DWD (dead while driving) :(are on the road but don't know it, I'm not the least surprised.
I know the turmoil you went through letting your first one go, buying the Vet, then returning to the V again so I offer my condolences.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom