Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM seat cover replacements

batgirl1

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black xlr
My driver's side seat cover was really worn when I bought my car. I've wanted to have them recovered, but I can't find anyone who will even consider attempting it. Has anyone purchased seat covers from GM? Is there any cheaper option? It seems to be about a thousand a seat.....Does anyone have any other suggestions? :dunno:

There are three covers on each seat. The seat cushion, the center back pad and the seat back. You can purchase them very cheaply from gmpartsdirect.com.

A thousand $ a seat would pay for parts and the airfare for me to install them unless you live somewhere exotic.

I had to replace my seat cushion cover and found it to be a simple, two-beer job. Removing the unwieldy seat from the car is the hardest part of it. Make sure you have a thick cover over the sill plates to prevent scratching them up if you do it yourself. Seat removal takes about five minutes. Cover replacement is quick and easy. A trim removal tool simplifies getting the plastic retainers that hold the seat back cover in place out.

While you're at it, you might consider replacing the seat pad cushion as well; it will feel brand-new!

CC :wave:

I agree with ccclarke, definitely try GMPartsDirect.com. Please keep us posted when everything has been completed.

Thank you,
Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

My driver's side seat cover was really worn when I bought my car. I've wanted to have them recovered, but I can't find anyone who will even consider attempting it. Has anyone purchased seat covers from GM? Is there any cheaper option? It seems to be about a thousand a seat.....Does anyone have any other suggestions? :dunno:

I looked the website up and it is so much cheaper! I know that I need the seat cushion pad and cover. What exactly is the outer cover? I might have overlooked it, but I didn't see the center back pad or the seat pad. Help! What exactly do I need to replace the whole seat minus the cusion pad for the back (I only need the seat cushion pad)???

Kathi,

The cover is the plastic housing on the front/side of the seat for the seat position/memory switches.

The leather covers and seat pads are items 1, 2, 3, 4, 19, & 20. They are also sub-categorized as left, (driver's side) right (passenger) and color-coded (ebony, shale/cashmere.)

Hope this helps!

CC :wave:

This discussion caught my eye as my driver seat left of center, shale leather panel is seriously worn. However I haven't really found any description on the gmpartsdirect web site using their catalog 3rd party service.
Is there anything like an exploded illustrated view of parts somewhere?

Thanks, is the aluminum piece still available? For some reason the easily dented aluminum console cover is not on the parts list.
Is there an exploded view of the seats?

There is an exploded view...look under the seat cushion pads and it shows the view of everything. Click on the button that says illustration. My seats are worn on the sides and my aluminum piece is dented, too. This webite seems to much cheaper than buying the replacement pieces through the dealership.

Thanks, is the aluminum piece still available? For some reason the easily dented aluminum console cover is not on the parts list.
Is there an exploded view of the seats?

The console cover is only available as part of the console assembly. My cover is also dented, but because of the cost of the console assembye, I decided I could live with a couple small dents...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom