Not yet!
Do you agree or disagree?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greed, not unions, brought GM down

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:13 AM CDT
Bowling Green Daily News
by Eldon Renaud, UAW President, Local 2164
Bowling Green, Kentucky

General Motors recently celebrated 100 years in business. During that time, it has contributed to the success of communities throughout the United States. It paid good wages and benefits which brought about the middle class and health care for millions. It contributed to the success of our nation in war time and peace. It provided jobs, education and dignity for its employees.

Until the U.S. economy failed, GM was successful. The unions didn’t bring down GM. In fact, if all the workers were paid nothing, GM would still be in bankruptcy. Thanks to the greed of bankers, mortgage loan companies and some unscrupulous investors, the U.S. economy failed. Without credit and consumer confidence, most car companies, including Toyota, face multibillion dollar losses.

Full editorial: http://www.bgdailynews.com/articles/2009/06/10/opinion/letters/letter5.txt

I have to say I agree that it was Greed.

This has been an global economical problem. It's easy to blame the Union when you are trying to bring down the unions. Unions have their good and bad points. It was more than the Union that took down GM. My .05.

We expect quality built auto's, you don't get that from non union workers, that's why I paid $1000,000 for a V. Just my .02.

Bobbbbo,

No wonder you're upset with the depreciation of your "V," I would also be pretty suicidal if I lost over $900,000!!! :lol::lol:

Floyd (BB)

Bobbbbo,

No wonder you're upset with the depreciation of your "V," I would also be pretty suicidal if I lost over $900,000!!! :lol::lol:

Floyd (BB)
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kevin must have gotten a really good deal on our XLR-V and whitchcraft was not involved.:chuckle

All I can say is thanks for getting the spelling corrected, that was making me crazy! :chuckle

I don't think anyone accused you of witchcraft (proper spelling). I have not seen any postings that would indicate you are that demented!!!:squint::squint::squint:

Boy, we sure are nit picking. I'm glad no one else ever made a spelling error on this forum

Actually, this post was directed at Marion... and I appreciate her seeing that and posting a comeback.
And, speaking of spelling errors, I for one have been amazed at the misspellings on the forum. I may be different in that respect, but I try to always reread my posts and correct misspellings. Sometimes even after posting, I go back in and edit to correct my spelling errors.
If only everyone could be as perfect as me...
:dunno::dunno::confused::confused::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::chuckle:chuckle:pat::pat:

Actually, this post was directed at Marion... and I appreciate her seeing that and posting a comeback.
And, speaking of spelling errors, I for one have been amazed at the misspellings on the forum. I may be different in that respect, but I try to always reread my posts and correct misspellings. Sometimes even after posting, I go back in and edit to correct my spelling errors.
If only everyone could be as perfect as me...
:dunno::dunno::confused::confused::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::chuckle:chuckle:pat::pat:
No problem. I'm a terrible speller. I try to use the spell checker on here but it keeps telling me I need to download. I don't know what I need to download? :dunno: We strive to be perfect just like you MT. :chuckle:chuckle

I have 4 of Marc's brothers and sisters who love to catch my misspellings so I try to always look. Not always, but try. My Mother was a constant corrector of misspelled words and how I spoke, so I always watch it. But I was just kidding! It really did not bother me, but I got alot of conversation going! :laugh:

No problem. I'm a terrible speller. I try to use the spell checker on here but it keeps telling me I need to download. I don't know what I need to download? :dunno: We strive to be perfect just like you MT. :chuckle:chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom