Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Homecoming 2013 shirts & hats

:pat: SORRY! Fred I noticed I forgot too add men's polo's and went back in the post and edit the post, but probably had already read it! :wave:

Got it. 2 Mens XL White polos with black stitching delivered to Bowling Green.

Sandy,

Great idea and GREAT DESIGN for the hats!

PM sent for my order.

Last Call for Shirts

This is the last call for the 10 year homecoming shirts. The order gets placed with the vendor at noon on Friday.

Speak up now if you want one and haven't order one yet. You do not need to attend to order a shirt.

I would like a black hat please.

Is it possible to have the XLR printed in reverse so that reads correctly as I admire myself in the mirror?:laugh:

:willy_nilly: ......for you Fred.......Absolutely .......not :lol:

MotorHead Earrings

I have posted this here as I will bring some of these to Bowling Green if anyone is interested. I am a confessed motorhead: I love cars and my hubby Steve & I restore classic cars, mostly muscle cars from the mid 60's. I can talk cars all day long, some ofmy favourite shows on TV include the hotrod shows etc.

Anyway, trying to shorten a long story: Steve bought me a pair of billet piston earrings :cool: many many moons ago and in my travels over the years I have had many inquiries as to where I got them. The guy who makes these is out of Ormond Beach FL and is always at the Daytona Swaps/car shows. (Thanksgiving weekend and the spring one in March) I have also hosted many car shows so I approached him to sell me some in quantity. He gave me a slightly better deal and I sell them for the same price he does, $20.00 per pair, the couple of bucks I make on them goes to a local womens shelter.

I have Red or Black versions but the colour can easily be changed as the colour is in the cut groves etc. These are solid billet aluminium and the connecting rods actually articulate as they are pinned into place as they are in a real engine. The piston and rod combined are just over 1" tall, (I have included a quarter for scale) and as they are aluminium, they are fairly light weight and can be easily polished to a bright shine if they get dull over time. They have SS ear hooks but could be replaced with gold if you have allergies. If you would like me to bring you some to BG just pm me.

I also have billet piston key fobs that are about 1 1/2" tall plus they have a split key ring....the ones I have got have a CDN Maple Leaf etched in the face of the piston, they sell for $15.00.

Attachments

• DSCF5133.jpg
    DSCF5133.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 247
HATS

What's the latest on hats,do we have to place an order/pay now,price?? thanks graytoad for your work on this.:)

What's the latest on hats,do we have to place an order/pay now,price?? thanks graytoad for your work on this.:)

Sorry guys, I have been super busy, I an the chair of a charity fundraiser that takes place on Tuesday: then I leave for Bowling Green on Wednesday!

Latest on the Hats:
The white hat I wanted is out of stock for the winter season (I am in the Great White North ....remember!) so they got me a different one. I did not have a chance to see what it is exactly so I shortened my order to 12 white hats. I will still have 24 black hats and 12 white visors and I will get the ones I want next spring. For anyone who messaged me wanting white, I will give you priority on getting yours in case you are arriving late.

Pricing, the visors are costing me a bit less than the hats but I am going average them out and sell them for all the same price of $15.00, atleast for this order, to make thing simple. I was actually surprised at the final cost as I expected the price of the hats to be closer to $20.00 with stitching plus I have to cover digitizing but my brother 'absorbed' most of the cost of digitizing. What a nice guy :D

In typical fashion, the order will be ready on Monday at noon so I will zip over to get them just in time to find a stuff in spot on the XLR which I have to have ready to go Monday night as I am busier than heck :willy_nilly: on Tuesday.

You can pay me when you see me in BG so bring lots of cash :cool: ....we Canadians love US cash! :patriot:

If any member that can NOT go to BG wants them (unless there is someone locally going to BG and can pick up for you) I will have to figure out the cheapest way to mail them and you can paypal me the money. If you PM me before Bowling Green, I will ship from Kentucky which will be cheaper than canada. I am hoping that the USPS priority mail flat rate box will do the job at $5.60 (not sure if there is state tax on top of that) From Canada it appears it will be $10.00 or more.

Sorry guys, I have been super busy, I an the chair of a charity fundraiser that takes place on Tuesday: then I leave for Bowling Green on Wednesday!

Latest on the Hats:
The white hat I wanted is out of stock for the winter season (I am in the Great White North ....remember!) so they got me a different one. I did not have a chance to see what it is exactly so I shortened my order to 12 white hats. I will still have 24 black hats and 12 white visors and I will get the ones I want next spring. For anyone who messaged me wanting white, I will give you priority on getting yours in case you are arriving late.

Pricing, the visors are costing me a bit less than the hats but I am going average them out and sell them for all the same price of $15.00, atleast for this order, to make thing simple. I was actually surprised at the final cost as I expected the price of the hats to be closer to $20.00 with stitching plus I have to cover digitizing but my brother 'absorbed' most of the cost of digitizing. What a nice guy :D

In typical fashion, the order will be ready on Monday at noon so I will zip over to get them just in time to find a stuff in spot on the XLR which I have to have ready to go Monday night as I am busier than heck :willy_nilly: on Tuesday.

You can pay me when you see me in BG so bring lots of cash :cool: ....we Canadians love US cash! :patriot:

If any member that can NOT go to BG wants them (unless there is someone locally going to BG and can pick up for you) I will have to figure out the cheapest way to mail them and you can paypal me the money. If you PM me before Bowling Green, I will ship from Kentucky which will be cheaper than canada. I am hoping that the USPS priority mail flat rate box will do the job at $5.60 (not sure if there is state tax on top of that) From Canada it appears it will be $10.00 or more.

There is no tax charged on the USPS shipping and box. However, the current price for the small box is $5.80 USD. IMHO, it would be a very tight fit for a hat (8-5/8" X 5-3/8" X 1-5/8").
A visor may fit better. The next larger size flat rate box is $12.35 and would fit hats with no problem. The Tyvek envelope shipper is about $7 with 1 pound to the furthest US spot from KY. I'm sure the 1 pound estimate is way heavy. I just researched this for the shirts. HTH

BTW, the shirts have all shipped from the vendor and should be to my house the first part of the week.

There is no tax charged on the USPS shipping and box. However, the current price for the small box is $5.80 USD. IMHO, it would be a very tight fit for a hat (8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8"). A visor may fit better. The next larger size flat rate box is $12.35 and would fit hats with no problem. The Tyvek envelope shipper is about $7 with 1 pound to the furthest US spot from KY. I'm sure the 1 pound estimate is way heavy. I just researched this for the shirts. HTH

BTW, the shirts have all shipped from the vendor and should be to my house the first part of the week.

Thanks Fred, once I get the hats in hand I can decide if they will ship in a flat envelope ok without serious issues (I know the black ones will). I have not had anyone contact me yet for shipping etc., but I did want to put that offer out there for anyone.

Hats

Latest on the Hats:

thanks Sandy for the update.I would like a black hat.thanks again for your work on this. that's another of my " 78 reasons " why this is a great forum. see you in B G. :)

Sandy
Put me down for a white hat. If they are all gone I will take a black. See you in BG

Don

Sandy PM sent for 1 black hat.

Mark

Shirts are here, counted and bagged, ready for delivery on Friday :)

I have a couple extra if your size is XL.

Thanks to Fred

Thanks Fred, My shirts arrived this morning and are great. Thanks for taking the time and effort to design and implement the XLR shirts. Hope everyone at the reunion is wearing them. :)

More shirts?

Some expressed an interest in ordering more shirts. Please post here if interested. Same rules apply about color etc. If there is enough interest I will place another order, it should be easier this time:)

BTW, Graytoad I really like the hats. Very glad I found you in the rest area to get an extra one.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom