Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Homecoming 2013 shirts & hats

Phrede

Seasoned Member
Can I suggest a shirt commemorating the event? XLR shirts are hard to find and I would love to have more. Something like a polo with a silhouette? or??

I would be willing to co-ordinate but do not have any real contacts in the field. Still I can work with who ever if you know someone in the biz.

Comments? Ideas? Suggestions? Complaints need to be posted elsewhere ;)

My brother is in the business but I do not have the stitching files and would have to pay to have them created. Chicago Dave has been the go-to guy on these.

I would love to see a higher end performance golf shirt, they are finely woven, light weight, comfortable, breathe well plus they keep their shape and looking good for a long time. Downside is that they are more expensive but we are not driving Chevy Cavaliers either.

Dave: are you up for doing shirts?

My brother is in the business but I do not have the stitching files and would have to pay to have them created. Chicago Dave has been the go-to guy on these.

I would love to see a higher end performance golf shirt, they are finely woven, light weight, comfortable, breathe well plus they keep their shape and looking good for a long time. Downside is that they are more expensive but we are not driving Chevy Cavaliers either.

I vote for the higher end shirts for a few dollars more. I like to look good when driving and need all the help I can get. How do they look when wet? Are they clingy? I also prefer something with a longer tail for ..... well I just do.

You know what they say!
"Well you get what pay for"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

I would go for the high end shirt also plus LONG SLEEVES.

I believe ChicagoDave is working on the shirts!

Shirts

I would be more than happy to work on putting something together for shirts - there is plenty of time to work on this (all summer) :)

I will take a look at the place that I purchased shirts from in the past - I will look for a high quality shirt and then I will see what kind of price I can work up. I will also look at the possibility of doing HATS as well.

I also enjoyed the tshirts that were done for us in the past - I think Bruce worked that deal out (for Homecoming 2011 and the Charleston trip). I will talk to Bruce about his source for that too. Once I get things going - I will start a different thread for the "wearables" for this event.

... stay tuned. :wave:

I would be more than happy to work on putting something together for shirts - there is plenty of time to work on this (all summer) :)

I will take a look at the place that I purchased shirts from in the past - I will look for a high quality shirt and then I will see what kind of price I can work up. I will also look at the possibility of doing HATS as well.

I also enjoyed the tshirts that were done for us in the past - I think Bruce worked that deal out (for Homecoming 2011 and the Charleston trip). I will talk to Bruce about his source for that too. Once I get things going - I will start a different thread for the "wearables" for this event.

Thanks Dave, if at all possible, check to see if they offer matching womens shirts too. I know that becomes a bit of a PAI for you but we women folk have different curves :D Most of the higher end shirts do offer them in men's and women's where the cheaper shirts are all about value/lower cost. thanks :worship:

There is a place for both shirts with or without collars. I would buy both.

Thanks Dave, if at all possible, check to see if they offer matching womens shirts too. I know that becomes a bit of a PAI for you but we women folk have different curves :D Most of the higher end shirts do offer them in men's and women's where the cheaper shirts are all about value/lower cost. thanks :worship:

Do there need to be womens hats too?

A place where I have used before just for some shirt design, was ocean graphics. This place is local for me. I have used before 2x just for t-shirts. But other places might be better if anyone on the forum has a particular place they use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I suggest a shirt commemorating the event? XLR shirts are hard to find and I would love to have more. Something like a polo with a silhouette? or??

I would be willing to co-ordinate but do not have any real contacts in the field. Still I can work with who ever if you know someone in the biz.

Comments? Ideas? Suggestions? Complaints need to be posted elsewhere ;)

even though I won't be attending :( I would like to purchase one with the 10 anniversary. Depending on the design. I guess I'll have to wait and see at a later date, post or thread.

Do there need to be womens hats too?

:chuckle Very funny Fred

I bought a Cadillac hat at the Caddy dealer in Harrisberg, nice light tan heavy weight cotton but is like most of the hats, they make your head hot. My favourite hat for the XLR is made of CoolMax fabric, super light weight and breathable, white, standard weight and sized peak. They happen to have a Soroptimist International logo on them (Womens service club, which I am a proud member, our clubs website: Soroptimist of Dundas Ancaster Flamborough ) but my hubby kept stealing mine so I bought a second hat. I left those two hats in Florida in the Camaro convertible (on purpose) so I bought two more for the XLR & 67 roadster. I highly recomend that material, it also stuffs well in the waterfall console.

That is where we differ. I hardly ever where long sleeves, and certainly not in "top down" weather.

Me either I hate long sleeves.... Period....

I hate long sleeves too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:chuckle Very funny Fred

I bought a Cadillac hat at the Caddy dealer in Harrisberg, nice light tan heavy weight cotton but is like most of the hats, they make your head hot. My favourite hat for the XLR is made of CoolMax fabric, super light weight and breathable, white, standard weight and sized peak. They happen to have a Soroptimist International logo on them (Womens service club, which I am a proud member, our clubs website: Soroptimist of Dundas Ancaster Flamborough ) but my hubby kept stealing mine so I bought a second hat. I left those two hats in Florida in the Camaro convertible (on purpose) so I bought two more for the XLR & 67 roadster. I highly recomend that material, it also stuffs well in the waterfall console.

I bought a white 1 that I like that's very thin material something like a wind breaker coat material and it has a NIKE symbol on, but keeps my head cooler, sun out from coming in from the top and bald spot from sunburn!

Just curious.... Did the shirt idea ever develop?

Just curious.... Did the shirt idea ever develop?

i have a design in mind for a t-shirt, just need to finalize before putting it out there folks to see. Hopefully after his weekend. :cool:

i have a design in mind for a t-shirt, just need to finalize before putting it out there folks to see. Hopefully after his weekend. :cool:

Are we going to have a golf-type shirt like we had for the 2011 Asheville/Charleston and 2012 Pennsylvania trip?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom