Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

It's National Doughnut Day!!

Happy National Doughnut day everyone.
Bruce you will have to let us know how many doughnuts you have today to celebrate.:)

Our MM Doughboy!!!

You probably have two holiday's to celebrate--When is National PIZZA Day!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You may have to stop at Long's and bring a few dozen up to WI in July; stick them in the cargo area so you can't get at them though.:lol:

Now this is a real holiday :patriot:

God Bless America...and Long's Bakery :lol:

From http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/smartspending/archive/2009/06/04/free-dough-ok-doughnuts-for-everyone.aspx

Free dough -- OK, doughnuts -- for everyone

Two of America’s doughnut kings are swinging wide their doors Friday, June 5, for National Doughnut Day, which despite its seemingly frivolous name has a surprising and inspiring history.

You’ll have to buy a beverage at Dunkin’ Donuts to get a free doughnut. Krispy Kreme’s free doughnut has no strings attached.
National Doughnut Day honors women volunteers with the Salvation Army who cooked doughnuts in huts on the battlefields of France during World War I. Legend has it that sometimes doughnuts were cooked in the helmets of soldiers.

The annual observance was initiated in 1938 to honor the women volunteers and as a fundraiser for the Chicago Salvation Army. It has been observed ever since on the first Friday of June.

You’ll want to check with both Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ Donuts to make sure your local outlet is participating.

You probably have two holiday's to celebrate--When is National PIZZA Day!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You may have to stop at Long's and bring a few dozen up to WI in July; stick them in the cargo area so you can't get at them though.:lol:

I need to know when National Pizza Day is. What a great country.

There was a traffic jam @ Long's today and I think George was part of it.:lol: I just hope he didn't spill coffee on anyone.:laugh:

From http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/smartspending/archive/2009/06/04/free-dough-ok-doughnuts-for-everyone.aspx

Free dough -- OK, doughnuts -- for everyone

Two of America’s doughnut kings are swinging wide their doors Friday, June 5, for National Doughnut Day, which despite its seemingly frivolous name has a surprising and inspiring history.

You’ll have to buy a beverage at Dunkin’ Donuts to get a free doughnut. Krispy Kreme’s free doughnut has no strings attached.
National Doughnut Day honors women volunteers with the Salvation Army who cooked doughnuts in huts on the battlefields of France during World War I. Legend has it that sometimes doughnuts were cooked in the helmets of soldiers.

The annual observance was initiated in 1938 to honor the women volunteers and as a fundraiser for the Chicago Salvation Army. It has been observed ever since on the first Friday of June.

You’ll want to check with both Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ Donuts to make sure your local outlet is participating.

That story makes me love doughnuts that much more. (if that's possible)

I need to know when National Pizza Day is. What a great country.

There was a traffic jam @ Long's today and I think George was part of it.:lol: I just hope he didn't spill coffee on anyone.:laugh:

All I could find was:

National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day--November 12

There is a National Cheese Pizza day (May 15), but this is kind of like celebrating National White Bread Day (which doesn't exist....yet!).

All I could find was:

National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day--November 12

There is a National Cheese Pizza day (May 15), but this is kind of like celebrating National White Bread Day (which doesn't exist....yet!).
:laugh::laugh:You are a wealth of knowledge. :laugh::laugh:

RA,

Saw the clip you sent SF and didn't see a donut in Ray's hand--just a fugitive:laugh::laugh:

I think the donut is part of their issued gear. :chuckle

I love this Holiday!!!

George just stopped by with a dozen wonderful doughnuts from Long's...they didn't last Long.:laugh:

Is there a national beer day?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back