Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mid West Caravan to San Antonio,TX

Excited

Excited ..that's the word of the day, just can't wait to get on the road again....3 more days and leaving on Monday.... :wave:

...and we're all excited to meet you! We think the WORLD of your daughter and son-in-law (in case you haven't already figured that out)!!!

I'm sure you'll have a great time with us. We're all a lot of fun! Kathy and Bruce had to tell you good things about us! Anything else would be a lie! :chuckle:laugh::chuckle

Ummm, let me know if you have a preferred brand of beverage so I can have it ready for you in Texarkana!

Inquiring minds wants to know. How is the packing going for Missy Bling? :wave:;)

I was out in the driveway starting to wax the X and I could hear her up in the window by her closet talking to herself about how she hated packing with so little room.

I was out in the driveway starting to wax the X and I could hear her up in the window by her closet talking to herself about how she hated packing with so little room.
There is always Fedex. :chuckle:chuckle

A few notes:

My lawn is freshly mowed. Yes, it will look like H-E-double-toothpicks in 10 days when I get back home on the 26th.

Supa Freak: I bought a new cooler tonight. Good news: it fits PERFECTLY in the trunk! Bad news: It only holds a 12 pack. I'll buy a bigger one in Texarkana! 12 won't lst us long, and we have the others to consider!

Bruce: I have my FRS radios with me. I think I have 5.... if they all work.

YES, I'm VERY excited to leave!!! See you all SOON!

Those hand radios won't work more than a 1,000 ft, so the first car won't be able to hear the last car in the convoy. I use them every day along with Verizon push to talk. If any of you guys have push to talks by Verizon they work just like "Chirp" Nextels, but aren't compatible..............hell you all can use Nextels if any of you have Nextels and just swap radio numbers.
Got my Kitty sitter. The poor girls doesn't know what she is in for with two cats using a cat box, AKA the beach. plus the hair balls and "I'll get even with him for leaving us alone, and miss the cat box intentionally.":pat:
A few notes:

My lawn is freshly mowed. Yes, it will look like H-E-double-toothpicks in 10 days when I get back home on the 26th.

Supa Freak: I bought a new cooler tonight. Good news: it fits PERFECTLY in the trunk! Bad news: It only holds a 12 pack. I'll buy a bigger one in Texarkana! 12 won't lst us long, and we have the others to consider!

Bruce: I have my FRS radios with me. I think I have 5.... if they all work.

YES, I'm VERY excited to leave!!! See you all SOON!

We will be meeting Quinn and DD @ the I-70/231 Cloverdale exit #41,on Monday morning. See you guys soon!!!!

Bruce :)

LOL!!! :laugh:

Well, I had a good trip to Kentucky today. i stopped at the Maker's Mark distillery and dipped my own bottle of bourbon into their trademark red wax:
IMG_0046crop.jpg

The folks at Maker's Mark claim that this is the oldest, documented, still-standing liquor store in the country. People used to drive up on horse and/or buggy (note the height of the front of the building as compared to teh land) and buy bourbon. I could have sworn i saw SupaFreak here! :laugh:
IMG_0033.jpg

And my day ends here in Bowling Green. Here's a pic of the new front of the Corvette Museum. I'm planning on having breakfast there tomorrow AM in their new cafe; I'll then take a tour before I head over to Texarkana to meet the other MM's.
IMG_0050.jpg

Safe travels to all! :patriot:

Rich, it's good to hear that you made it to BG safely. Enjoy the NCM and check out the blue '09 Caravan shirts in the gift shop. See you tomorrow evening.

Bruce :wave:

Thanks!

Just a quick note to thank all of the Midwest Marauders for such a fun trip and for looking after "Photo Mom". You guys (gals) are THE BEST!

Kathy :cool:

Thanks to all the MM for another great caravan.
Kathy: Photo Mom did great driving in the caravan.
Bruce & Kathy Love the Horny Toad.
:D

What a Great Trip! Thanks for the good time and the memories. You are all such a blast to hang out with.

Dr Phil & Coyote

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back