Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mid West Caravan to San Antonio,TX

Kathy's mom Jeanie (Rich came up with the name Photo Mom) says she will be joining our caravan to TX. After spending 8 days with Supa Freak her life will never be the same.:lol:

Bruce :patriot:
Hi everyone, I am really looking forward to meeting all of you, glad to be part of the MM Caravan. I am excited about seeing the great state of Texas and driving my car...just me, my music, and the cooler.....what fun !!! Just two weeks from tomorrow....see you then...jeanie:cool:

Photo Mom .... 'so glad to hear that you're coming! 'Sounds like you're all ready .... a fast car, a cooler and music .... what else do you need?! :blinzel: :rocker: Now you can finally meet the people who try to corrupt K&B :laugh: I'll be glad to finally meet you in person.

Stephen .... everyone should be in Wednesday night .... now ... will we remember it the next morning??? Who knows! See you soon! :wave:

Stephan,
Noon sounds good and you will probably catch most of the cars coming in. There should be a few in the day before, but I don't know which hotel they are in. We are at the Hampton Inn which is right around the corner from the Hilton where an equal group are staying. Both are by the RIVerwalk.
The Hampton has been very accomodating to George, our detailer/wash guy, so you might want to choose the Hampton since 60% of the guests are at the Hampton. The Hampton also has the best rate, just mention your with the XlR Cadillac group.
I'm also going to bring the new WR that doesn't want to fit down tightly.

Hello everyone. I've finally got a chance to start looking into plans for this event. But then, I've never been known for being responsible with planning... :dunno: I'm in Dallas so I think I'm only looking at about a 4 - 5 hour drive. I'm wondering if I would get to meet quite a few of you if I came down on Wednesday (got there around noon or so) and Headed back up here the next morning. I'm expected in VA on Thursady night and I'm trying to see if this will work. :wave:

~Stephen

San Antonio or Bust!!! RIVerwalk 2009!!!

Todd & Karen and Jeanie too!!!

Glad to finally hear from you all. I knew you wouldn't disappoint the MM's; glad you're joining us. ;);)

Hey Whit, I can finally keep up with you, I bought a V. Jeanie it's about time you start traveling with us again--haven't seen you since the So. Indiana trip two years ago. It will be great seeing you again;);)

Two weeks from tomorrow. Make sure all your reservations are made!!

Scarlett-V gets her chrome OEM wheels and new rubber on Tuesday and we will be ready:rocker::rocker:

Hi everyone, I am really looking forward to meeting all of you, glad to be part of the MM Caravan. I am excited about seeing the great state of Texas and driving my car...just me, my music, and the cooler.....what fun !!! Just two weeks from tomorrow....see you then...jeanie:cool:
Alright Jeanie. Its good to see you are joing us in SA. :rocker:Looking forward to seeing you again.

Hotel for stopover in Texarkana, AK

For anyone in the Midwest caravan who hasn't made their overnight reservation at the Hampton Inn on State Line Ave; I have been told they are booked up. Todd & Karen made their reservation at the Hampton Inn a mile down the road (in Texas) as an alternate. Below is the address and phone number.

Hampton Inn & Suites
4601 Cowhorn Creek
Texarkana, TX‎
(903) 832-3499‎

Don't hope there will be rooms when we get there--make your reservations!!

RETURN MM caravan lodging

Gee, Cubby. Have we discussed where to stay on the return trip? I don't remember talking about it at all.:dunno:

Returning home

George,

Bruce and I talked the other day and thought we would get a concensus on taking a different route home, possibly stopping for awhile in New Orleans and then heading north through Memephis. This route is a little longer than our route going down, but thought maybe some would want to 'See America' while we were traveling. I'll have my laptop with me so we can make reservations once we figure out where we will end up.

If anyone has any suggestions, let Bruce or I know. We will also have Tuesday night in SA to sit and talk about it over a good meal and a few cocktails!! :chuckle:chuckle

Gee, Cubby. Have we discussed where to stay on the return trip? I don't remember talking about it at all.:dunno:

George,

Bruce and I talked the other day and thought we would get a concensus on taking a different route home, possibly stopping for awhile in New Orleans and then heading north through Memephis. This route is a little longer than our route going down, but thought maybe some would want to 'See America' while we were traveling. I'll have my laptop with me so we can make reservations once we figure out where we will end up.

If anyone has any suggestions, let Bruce or I know. We will also have Tuesday night in SA to sit and talk about it over a good meal and a few cocktails!! :chuckle:chuckle
I am up for stopping in New Orleans. Will I be able to get some beads? :dunno::D

I have a whole bag full you can have. (DON"T ASK!):naughty:

George, I'll ask. Why do you still have them? The woman are suppossed to get them from the men for dropping clothing..............so you couldn't get any to drop anything? Shame on you George.:pat::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I have a whole bag full you can have. (DON"T ASK!):naughty:

We are just 3 weeks away from leaving for San Antonio! I thought our Indiana part of the caravan could meet @ the rest stop on I-70 West just past exit #66 and before exit #59 @ 7:00 am on Monday May 18th. Rich I hope you can caravan down with us. We will need someone to keep an eye on Supa Freak and Missy Bling.:lol:

We can meet the IL & WI part of the caravan @ exit # 163 where I-57 & I-70 meet near Effingham,IL. It should take us about 3 hours to get there from Indy.

Is this OK with everyone?

Below is the hotel info link for those that still need a room for San Antonio. We will pass along the info for our hotel stop on the way to TX.

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3132

Bruce :wave:

We are changing the meeting time on Monday morning from 7:00 am to 8:00 am. This will help the IL group who are 1 hour behind us.

Seven days to go and the MM will be on the road to SA. :rocker::beerchug:

Thanks Bruce--it would have been a battle getting Supa Freak up early on a Monday morning (well really any day:chuckle:chuckle) We will see all the MMs in Effingham next Monday. Drive safely!!!

We are changing the meeting time on Monday morning from 7:00 am to 8:00 am. This will help the IL group who are 1 hour behind us.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom