Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Need a codetalker

buki

Account Suspended
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Xenon Blue XLR
My Northstar diagnostic yesterday showed a 'service soon' message for the emissions/fuel system.

I went to them while driving tonight and they said I a P220 problem if I remember correctly. The DIC has never shown any problem. The Northstar person recommended service in 7 days. She said I might experience hesitation and lower power which I have.

Any ideas as to what I might have going on?

Most 'P' codes are four digits, i.e. P0201. I show nothing for a P220 code.

My Northstar diagnostic yesterday showed a 'service soon' message for the emissions/fuel system.

I went to them while driving tonight and they said I a P220 problem if I remember correctly. The DIC has never shown any problem. The Northstar person recommended service in 7 days. She said I might experience hesitation and lower power which I have.

Hello buki,

I apologize that you have been experiencing this concern with your XLR. If you are planning on having this looked into at a Cadillac dealership, I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment. Please feel free to private message me if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

An Update

Took my X in today for a code scan.
The tech ran the codes and said it is showing that you're running lean on the right bank of cylinders.
The solution was very simple...he tightened the intake manifold bolts (which were actually very loose) and the light went off immediately.
Most important, the car's performance improved significantly.
Total cost $0. Took about five minutes from scan to fix.
Check the tightness of those bolts since there loosening is apparently quite common.
Dropped the top on a 75 degree day and had a ball.
Predicted low Wednesday in Jackson, TN...18.

Last edited:
Drop the top for the ride home too this evening it was 66 but check out Thursday temps
a9y7erad.jpg
u6ymury2.jpg

Good old spring in south central PA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Yep. I haven't dropped mine. To :embarrassed: because she has bird poop on the trunk area and back window. + she's full of pollen inside and out. I plan on having her get a bath soon. But tomorrow rain is heading in. Then drop in temp Thursday for us down here too. So I don't know when she'll get a good bath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back