Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Guy with a Key Fob

dck

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR V
Hey Everyone....
Got my Key Fob in the mail and had to post a pic. The car is scheduled to be picked up in Denver today to make the cross country trip to Virginia. I picked up JT's (from the forum) 2006 XLR-V. Wonderful guy to work with and so far things have gone very smooth. :worship:

Can't wait to see her pull up on the carrier. :blinzel:

629220859f2496447aa52966d8279a25.jpg

Sweet FOB. I hope it loves VA as much as it's loved CO. Welcome to the Forum.

JT

Hey Everyone....
Got my Key Fob in the mail and had to post a pic. The car is scheduled to be picked up in Denver today to make the cross country trip to Virginia. I picked up JT's (from the forum) 2006 XLR-V. Wonderful guy to work with and so far things have gone very smooth. :worship:

Can't wait to see her pull up on the carrier. :blinzel:

629220859f2496447aa52966d8279a25.jpg

Congratulations on your new ride! Once on location, if you find yourself evolving into a perpetual state of bliss... peeping into the garage regularly just to "pinch yourself"... realizing you're unable to wipe that silly grin from your face when behind the wheel... don't worry, it's quite natural ; ) :rocker:

Congratulations!!

If you wanted a real thrilling delivery you should have flown to CO and drove it home ..... these cars love road trips!

Plan on meeting up with all the folks on this forum ... you will love what this car can bring you in the way of friends .... :rocker:

I'm very excited. But it looks like with all the weather out there they won't be picking her up until Monday. Thats ok though, gives me more time to peruse the forum.

I have been trying to do my homework, and so far, there are two things I would like to do to the car when it arrives. Cut the duck bill's off the Well drain tub, and install some type of ipod connectivity.

The duckbill seems like a quick job, and may save me from a problem if I get caught in the rain or going through a car wash....

The I-pod connection is a different story, I have read about the lockpick and also info regarding a PAL2 (which I believe is for the GMLAN cars, which I think we have.) That unit seems like you can control the Ipod from the factory head unit and charge at the same time. I am still doing the homework on this subject. It shows it working in the Vette's and bypasses the XM unit. I just don't want to be distracted with working an Ipod and would much rather see the options on the head unit.

One thing that is great is that JT already had the Mild to Wild set-up in the car. So not too many things to do on the list of upgrades, (yet).

Thanks for the welcome...

Congrats and welcome to the forum, are you located in DC or No VA?

:cool:

Just outside Leesburg in Northern Va....

If you're that excited about the fob, wait until you get the car! There's nothing better in my opinion, top up or down. And I can tell you that they like Va.... :cool:

Just outside Leesburg in Northern Va....

I know the area well, I worked at the Xerox facility for a few years back in the early 80's.

:cool:

Welcome to XLR ownership... it's going to be hard for you to wait for it to get there, but I ASSURE YOU, you'll enjoy it when after it arrives!!!! Wait until you pull into a gas station for the first time, and see what happens...

I waited two weeks for mine to even get on a truck, when it hadn't then, I decided I was tired of waiting. Flew to NY and drove home to Kansas in Dec. the car actually drove fine in the snow, but then again I grew up with rwd cars. I hope you don't have to go after yours. I think I just finally got it cleaned back up!! It sure was enjoyable to drive though.

You will simply fall in love with this car, I have had so many cars in my 31 years of driving that everyone would think I was lieing if I told, and this car is so special It absolutely captivates me when I go for a ride or even look at it for that matter. Not sure how to explain. Let me put it this way, I like it so well that if it died in the garage and would never run again, I would still love the car, kinda wierd huh......

I think part of it is that it seems special to me because you see very few in my area but everyone loves it when they see it. Teenagers stoped playing basketball the other day when I drove by the court in the park and people in general look and stare at it from other cars, had a guy standing on the corner downtown last week raise his voice a little and say " that is a bad azz car "

Well I have been one of those people for sure...

A few years ago I was very interested in finding one, but after a few set backs, and a dose of reality, I couldn't pull the trigger. But things have changed. :)

I had talked to another forum member about this, but even though I live in the DC area, (suburbs) I have only seen 2 XLR's on the road in the past 2 years. And both times they stopped me dead in my tracks.

I am so gratefull to be able to get one. As they say, life is all about the experiences, and I am sure this is going to be one of those. Hope not to bother too many of you with a bunch of newbie questions. From what I have read, it seems like almost everything that could come up has been discussed or solved on here.

I ordered some lifting pucks the other day. Just finding out that they are needed has saved me a ton in agrivation and possible damage to the car.

More to come and thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome.

We will be looking forward to seeing pictures of your new acquisition!

Another "fun" thing about owning an XLR is when people ask you "what kind of car is that"?

Since the cars have only the Cadillac badge on them, and don't have a Cadillac script, you will quite often hear that question. When a group of us XLR owners took a trip to Biltmore House in Asheville last April, we were staying at the Holiday Inn. We were lining up the cars for our caravan to have dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse and a lady approached my car with that question. It's always fun to see their reaction when you tell them that it is a Cadillac!

Congratulations!

Keep us updated, and check out the thread about our trip to Pennsylvania in June!

:wave:
Welcome to the privelaged world of XLR Ownership! :cool:
My hubby & I have lots of great classic cars but there is nothing like the experience of my XLR!
I assume, based on postings that you did receive your car today: ENJOY! Hopefully you will be able to wipe the grin off of your face enough to sleep tonight! :lol:

Hey everyone and thanks again for the warm welcome...

She hasn't made it here yet but was picked up today in Denver! JT sent me this picture of her loaded up....hoping she will make it by Friday or Saturday! :)

b84df387f46a0b21b7f9a042133e1f24.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back