Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

No more lockpick

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
A buddy of mine has an 04 and wants to have his iPod play in the car. I have a lockpick and recommended it but they dont make them any more. I know there is another option but don't remember what it is. Any suggestions?

A buddy of mine has an 04 and wants to have his iPod play in the car. I have a lockpick and recommended it but they dont make them any more. I know there is another option but don't remember what it is. Any suggestions?

I know Cubby sent me a link for Lockpick to buy I think it was $129.00 with Bluetooth upgrade too, i'll see if I can find it it was just in last 2 weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If Costaltech is not making them any longer for the XLR, you might try this guy.

New Version 2 Corvette PAL

Ray Kawal is a Corvette guru and I believe if you contact him he can let you know you have an XLR, he guide you through getting his harnesses to work in our cars. I think a few here have done this instead of the lockpick.

If Costaltech is not making them any longer for the XLR, you might try this guy.

New Version 2 Corvette PAL

Ray Kawal is a Corvette guru and I believe if you contact him he can let you know you have an XLR, he guide you through getting his harnesses to work in our cars. I think a few here have done this instead of the lockpick.

Thx Cubby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Here is a link to a simple solution from Ray

Corvette Aux Input

Alt. 1, 2 or 3 work for our cars. You just need to find the right wires, as they may be different than the Corvette.

Here is a link to a simple solution from Ray

Corvette Aux Input

Alt. 1, 2 or 3 work for our cars. You just need to find the right wires, as they may be different than the Corvette.

Yeah, Ray helped me with my CarPC install using his Aux-in. There's only one wire difference and I told Ray and sent him some pics so he should have all the info needed.

No more lockpicks

I confirmed today with Costal that they are not making anymore Lockpicks for the XLR. The OnStar bluetooth unit is not available either. The same applies for their Corvette units too.

I put in the aux adapter Cubby recommended earlier in both my XLRs. Works great and installs in about 20 minutes start to finish. Realize that this will play your music through your Sirius setting on your radio.

Ditto here!! We listen to Rogene's I-pod on our road trips. As I remember the "job". The hardest part was crimping the little, little pins for the connector!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom