Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

One reason why I appreciate this forum & its members

XLRATING

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)
I recently joined a different car forum to find out about my coupe. Reading the posts there is mostly a waste of time because at least 80% of each thread is just unnecessary nastiness going back and forth. For example, someone posted pictures of their car that from angles & composition were clearly meant to be artistic. One responder criticized them as being crappy & out of focus. That person then got jumped on for their punctuation, and the criticizer decided to respond by using punctuation marks to draw a middle finger (creative, but ... really?). The rest of the posters then continued fighting over who knew the most about photographic technique and whether there was a problem with the pictures. This type of thing is typical for most of the threads on that forum.

I think if anyone here has spent any time on most other forums, you know what I'm talking about - I've been on other ones besides the ones I've joined & it's been the same thing, maybe 1 page of useful information & then 8 pages of name calling & ridiculing the poster for whatever they posted.

Anyway, while we have our disputes on here, they aren't like what goes on elsewhere. Maybe it's because we're smaller, maybe it's because we have get-togethers (meeting in person makes an internet attack not so anonymous, plus may change your opinion of someone for the better vs. what you think from their posts). Whatever it is, it works, & I hope it keeps working.

great forum!!

I recently joined a different car forum to find out about my coupe. Reading the posts there is mostly a waste of time because at least 80% of each thread is just unnecessary nastiness going back and forth. For example, someone posted pictures of their car that from angles & composition were clearly meant to be artistic. One responder criticized them as being crappy & out of focus. That person then got jumped on for their punctuation, and the criticizer decided to respond by using punctuation marks to draw a middle finger (creative, but ... really?). The rest of the posters then continued fighting over who knew the most about photographic technique and whether there was a problem with the pictures. This type of thing is typical for most of the threads on that forum.

I think if anyone here has spent any time on most other forums, you know what I'm talking about - I've been on other ones besides the ones I've joined & it's been the same thing, maybe 1 page of useful information & then 8 pages of name calling & ridiculing the poster for whatever they posted.

Anyway, while we have our disputes on here, they aren't like what goes on elsewhere. Maybe it's because we're smaller, maybe it's because we have get-togethers (meeting in person makes an internet attack not so anonymous, plus may change your opinion of someone for the better vs. what you think from their posts). Whatever it is, it works, & I hope it keeps working.

I agree 100%. we like each other on here/care and only want to help w/problems.we're not here to bash each other.we're also adults!! jmho.:) later, Al

I think it's also because we all love our cars to death and have the only special car that some people have never even seen before!
We personally believe also that only special people would buy an XLR
We are different in away that we want what our car have that other don't! As it's Cadillac and not a Corvette, it's got is on body style of it own and it's got luxury by its Caddy name and by people that would own an XLR! An XLR owner is a very special person! Just my opinion but Wendy & I love this forum group of people! You all make one of the greatest group of people we ever had the pleasure gathering and hanging out with!
SO HOPE I DIDN'T SWELL TO MANY OF YOUR HEADS!
BUT WE DO ENJOY TIME SPEND WHEN WE GET TOGETHER!

vugyha7y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I think it's also because we all love our cars to death and have the only special car that some people have never even seen before!
We personally believe also that only special people would buy an XLR
We are different in away that we want what our car have that other don't! As it's Cadillac and not a Corvette, it's got is on body style of it own and it's got luxury by its Caddy name and by people that would own an XLR! An XLR owner is a very special person! Just my opinion but Wendy & I love this forum group of people! You all make one of the greatest group of people we ever had the pleasure gathering and hanging out with!
SO HOPE I DIDN'T SWELL TO MANY OF YOUR HEADS!
BUT WE DO ENJOY TIME SPEND WHEN WE GET TOGETHER!

vugyha7y.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Couldn't have said it any better.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors