Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Swine Flu

Don't forget about being KIDNAPPED. I heard that has crossed the border, too! (If that's hijacking a thread, I apologize.)
We aren't that fussy George no need to apologize. ;)

Well one things for sure, the media is enjoying the swine flu story.

We plan on being in SA in 3 weeks. It's party time.:rocker:

I'll be in SA with funnel and beer. Supa Freak would never miss a party. It's like you said Bruce, MMs show up for a party even if we are attached to an IV doesn't matter.:bootyshake::beerchug:

Well one things for sure, the media is enjoying the swine flu story.....

You know, the thing is ....... the media has ramped up so much stuff, we don't know what to believe anymore ........ everything is over the top .... or we don't get the full story with all of the government cover-ups, etc. :rolleyes: Sad that when something serious may be pending we are becoming distrustful. Now .... with that said ... since I have shot off my mouth, I will probably get that damn flu .... :pat:

Hopefully this is the good news ....
just a quote from an article I was reading ...

Swine flu cases pass 100 but still mild
By LAURAN NEERGAARD – 58 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (AP)“… At a congressional hearing, Dr. Anne Schuchat of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sought to strike a balance: No one knows what the never-before-seen virus ultimately will do, but so far in most U.S. cases people are recovering without even needing a doctor's care. The big message is to try not to spread infection.
"This is a time when we don't want the worried well flooding the emergency rooms," she said. "At no time in our nation's history have we been more prepared to face this kind of challenge."

Hopefully this is the good news ....
just a quote from an article I was reading ...

Swine flu cases pass 100 but still mild
By LAURAN NEERGAARD – 58 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (AP)“… At a congressional hearing, Dr. Anne Schuchat of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sought to strike a balance: No one knows what the never-before-seen virus ultimately will do, but so far in most U.S. cases people are recovering without even needing a doctor's care. The big message is to try not to spread infection.
"This is a time when we don't want the worried well flooding the emergency rooms," she said. "At no time in our nation's history have we been more prepared to face this kind of challenge."
I've heard this today also. Something I find funny. The government is trying to tell people to relax just wash your hands. We will all be fine and then good ole Joe on the Today Show this morning. He said he has advised his family not be in confined areas. He advised them not to fly, and not to use the subway or busses. Open mouth insert foot. :dunno::lol::lol:

Facts on the Swine Flu (2009 H1N1 flu)as of April 30, 2009, from the World Health Organization (WHO):

There are 276 global laboratory-confirmed cases of the Swine Flu (although there are 3,971 suspected cases)

There are 8 laboratory-confirmed deaths from the Swine Flu (although there are 168 suspected cases of death) 7 in Mexico; one Mexican national in the US. 14 countries have confirmed Swine Flu cases.

Confirmed mortality rate = 2.9%
"Suspected" mortality rate = 4.2%

The most recent Flu Pandemic (The Hong Kong flu - 1968-1969) had the "normal" modern mortality rate of .1%
-Knobler S, Mack A, Mahmoud A, Lemon S, ed. "1: The Story of Influenza". The Threat of Pandemic Influenza: Are We Ready? Workshop Summary (2005). Washington, D.C.: The National Academies Press. pp. 60–61

The amount of media attention suggests a full-blown crisis, resulting in public fear. According to Mark Feldstein, a former correspondent for NBC, ABC and CNN, the reason for such extensive coverage is that "If you scare people, they'll tune in more."
-Kurtz, Howard. Newsday (from The Washington Post): "Media's coverage of swine flu is feverish". April 27, 2009.

Mexico is the only country in which the Swine Flu has killed people 25-50 years old. Of the more than 1,500 other cases worldwide, there are no fatalities of native populations.
-"Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report Dispatch". U.S. Centers for Disease Control. 21 April 2009.

I hope this makes everyone feel better! We'll all get through this!

Ha-ha .... you are verrrry funny, HGrown ...

Here - this should also be a good analogy:

212 die on Mexico’s roads during Easter

March 25th, 2008 - 2:44 pm ICT by admin -
Mexico City, March 25 (IANS)) As many as 212 people died in traffic accidents during the Easter holidays in Mexico, according to a report by the Public Safety Secretariat, EFE reported Tuesday.

:blinzel::blinzel::blinzel:

Ruthie,:blinzel:
Jay and I are going to leave on Monday morning also. What you said about an eleven hour trip makes a lot of sense. We can leave at a decent time on Monday morning. We are going to stay in Tuscon, maybe we could meet up with Kent and others on Tuesday morning.
Who do we have driving into Las Cruses Tuesday morning and where we going to meet..............Old age..........I forgot.
Ha-ha .... you are verrrry funny, HGrown ...

Here - this should also be a good analogy:

212 die on Mexico’s roads during Easter

March 25th, 2008 - 2:44 pm ICT by admin -
Mexico City, March 25 (IANS)) As many as 212 people died in traffic accidents during the Easter holidays in Mexico, according to a report by the Public Safety Secretariat, EFE reported Tuesday.

:blinzel::blinzel::blinzel:

Ruthie,:blinzel:
Jay and I are going to leave on Monday morning also. What you said about an eleven hour trip makes a lot of sense. We can leave at a decent time on Monday morning. We are going to stay in Tuscon, maybe we could meet up with Kent and others on Tuesday morning.
Who do we have driving into Las Cruses Tuesday morning and where we going to meet..............Old age..........I forgot.

Hmmm, let me take this post over to the R4 thread ....

And back to the swine flu.;) After looking at the real numbers provided by Homegrown and Madam, it doesn't look as bad as the media has made it out to be. :dunno: There was a doctor saying you should want to get the swine flu so you can build up an immunity to it. :dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom