Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Swine Flu

Little Woman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar
I have been driving Cubby crazy with this. He says I'm being crazy. Watch out for the piggy flu. I pulled this off of comcast. The case in Indiana is Northwest Indiana. The case in Indiana they are reporting that the individual has not been out of the states. Anyone else concerned. :dunno::confused:
Or is Cubby correct I am crazy. Need something to talk about we are being way to good.

ATLANTA — Federal health officials say the number of confirmed swine flu cases in the United States has jumped to 64, and states say there are at least four more.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says Tuesday that the new count includes "a number of hospitalizations." CDC officials had said there had been just one person hospitalized.
The CDC says there are 17 new cases in New York City, four more in Texas and three additional cases in California. That brings the total numbers of cases confirmed by federal officials to 45 in New York City, 10 in California, six in Texas, two in Kansas and one in Ohio.
State health officials in California have confirmed three other cases, and Indiana authorities have confirmed one.

Don't worry little woman.... just break out the funnel and fend it off with more of your favorite medicine.. luv u.:laugh:
I forgot all about my medicine. Your right Marc I will do that. :laugh::laugh:

Well, Marion, if the CDC has great concern, it seems to me that it's okay for you to be worried too. I think that's a pretty normal response when we feel so helpless against something that we can't control. But, it's probably good advice to not dwell on it. Being aware of people with coughs ... even more frequent handwashing ... all of that can never be too, or more important.

We have Mexico right in our backyard. :rolleyes: Tijuana is just a few miles from here ... we have not been there in over 30 years ... it is not a resort area like most of you visit when you go on your cruises, vacations, etc ... but is more typical of Mexico ... very 3rd world. If you saw what runs into our beautiful Pacific Ocean from Mexico you would be sickend ... literally ... We have signs posted from the border up that warns of contaminated water for miles.
What concerns me here is that there isn't a lot of news about what that country is doing to prevent a world pandemic .... as far as we have heard, Mexican soldiers are handing out pretty blue ... uneffective.... masks. There is no information about how that country plans to control it short of closing some of their public buildings.
Oh ... don't let me go on anymore about the Mexican government ..... y'all might not think I am as sweet as you think! :willy_nilly::lol:

The lady I bought my kitchen cabinets from just phoned me. She and her husband and two children just returned from a week in Cancun and they did not hear anything about Swine Flu until they arrived home. It was a big surprise to her. I think we all need to be aware of our surroundings and take all the precautions we can. I am sure most of us know we can never depend on our government to do anything right and we must all protect ourselves. Lots of hand washing and make sure the water is clean and the soap is good.

Well, Marion, if the CDC has great concern, it seems to me that it's okay for you to be worried too. I think that's a pretty normal response when we feel so helpless against something that we can't control. But, it's probably good advice to not dwell on it. Being aware of people with coughs ... even more frequent handwashing ... all of that can never be too, or more important.

We have Mexico right in our backyard. :rolleyes: Tijuana is just a few miles from here ... we have not been there in over 30 years ... it is not a resort area like most of you visit when you go on your cruises, vacations, etc ... but is more typical of Mexico ... very 3rd world. If you saw what runs into our beautiful Pacific Ocean from Mexico you would be sickend ... literally ... We have signs posted from the border up that warns of contaminated water for miles.
What concerns me here is that there isn't a lot of news about what that country is doing to prevent a world pandemic .... as far as we have heard, Mexican soldiers are handing out pretty blue ... uneffective.... masks. There is no information about how that country plans to control it short of closing some of their public buildings.
Oh ... don't let me go on anymore about the Mexican government ..... y'all might not think I am as sweet as you think! :willy_nilly::lol:
From what I have heard the Mexican government isn't doing much. The people that do have swine flu in Mexico the hospitals and doctors won't treat because they are afraid. They had a case on the radio yesterday where a gentlemen had went to one hospital they just flat out refused to treat him for fear of getting it. He went to another one and they said they were to busy. US needs to stop all travel to there and close the borders. They have reported this morning that there is a elementry school that closed because they have a case of swine flu. Also they reported about the 22 month old baby that has passed from the swine flu. Kevin is going to Texas for business for the next two day I am sending him with hand sanitizer. :(

We have been following this for the past 5 days and we are very concerned about where it appears to be headed. The sad thing is that neither of us trust the Government to tell the whole truth in regards to this issue. With the dramatic change of events concerning health issues is there a "PLAN B" for this upcoming trip to San Antonio? While we have not made a decision to cancel at this time if this outbreak continues to escalate as it is daily it appears that this will effect our final decision. We would like to hear input from others concerning this.:dunno::(

Speedway

Fred & Ingrid

Fred,

Maybe we will have to move it North--farther away from the border!!! And definitely not at ant airport. I'm leaving in a few hours for Dallas business meeting and the Lil' Woman is worried I won't make it back or will bring it back with me.

We have been following this for the past 5 days and we are very concerned about where it appears to be headed. The sad thing is that neither of us trust the Government to tell the whole truth in regards to this issue. With the dramatic change of events concerning health issues is there a "PLAN B" for this upcoming trip to San Antonio? While we have not made a decision to cancel at this time if this outbreak continues to escalate as it is daily it appears that this will effect our final decision. We would like to hear input from others concerning this.:dunno::(

Speedway

Fred & Ingrid

Fred,

Maybe we will have to move it North--farther away from the border!!! And definitely not at ant airport. I'm leaving in a few hours for Dallas business meeting and the Lil' Woman is worried I won't make it back or will bring it back with me.
Cubby
Maybe you may consider a conferance call in leu to traveling. The ventilation in airplanes doesnt sound like good news. They have just requested 1.5 billion dollars to make more meds for this and now they are saying that thousands die every year from the flu in America and there will be deaths in America. When you hear this kind of discussion from high levels of government you have to think "whats between the lines here" in these statements!!!!!!

Fred

I agree Fred I don't think we are being told the entire truth by the Government. :( I believe I heard or read an article on the child that died today in the US with this, was originally from Mexico and was brought here to the US for treatment. :dunno:

Speedway

Fred & Ingrid

Gee Fred, you don't trust our government?:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle Didn't you hear they have sent out 11,000,000 doses of vacine? Since there are over 400,000,000 people in the United States what are the rest supposed to do? That 11,000,000 doesn't cover his email list of 13,000,000 so he better get busy and whip up some more pig juice for them or they won't bre around to put him back in office at the end of his four years. When we had the vacine for Swine Flu back in I believe 1976 I had a bad re-action to it. NO, I don't trust our government either. Now that Spectar has switched parties he will be able to jam National Health down our throats and then we will really be in a mess. I also am having second thoughts about San Antonio, I have enough health problems without subjecting myself to the Swine Flu. On the bright side maybe the Swine Flue will only grab onto the members of ACORN or Move On.org since Move On is backing his stupid plan for National Health. What a shame our country is no longer self sufficient so we could just close our borders and export all the illigels back to where they came from.

Gee, now President O has something to talk about besides the sunken economy ..... how convenient. :rolleyes: Makes a person wonder, y'know??

All of the cases reported here in the US have recovered ... this kind of reminds me of the Hong Kong flu in 1969 - which I got .... :pat:

We will take precautions, like we do during every outbreak of the flu .... but we won't let the fear overtake our lives. If it is that prevalent and transmittable, then it doesn't matter what you do - short of locking yourself in your home .... 'can't control who your family members are in contact with, what they touch, etc.

We've no new reported cases lately of the flu .... but every year we get doused pretty good anyway and our hospitals are always full -
I saw the news clip last night where they showed a hospital in Mexico and they had an armed guard at the entrance. Now, there you go .... the perfect way to treat their sick citizens.... shoot them. :willy_nilly:

Gee, now President O has something to talk about besides the sunken economy ..... how convenient. :rolleyes: Makes a person wonder, y'know??

All of the cases reported here in the US have recovered ... this kind of reminds me of the Hong Kong flu in 1969 - which I got .... :pat:

We will take precautions, like we do during every outbreak of the flu .... but we won't let the fear overtake our lives. If it is that prevalent and transmittable, then it doesn't matter what you do - short of locking yourself in your home .... 'can't control who your family members are in contact with, what they touch, etc.

We've no new reported cases lately of the flu .... but every year we get doused pretty good anyway and our hospitals are always full -
I saw the news clip last night where they showed a hospital in Mexico and they had an armed guard at the entrance. Now, there you go .... the perfect way to treat their sick citizens.... shoot them. :willy_nilly:
I won't let it stop me from doing anything. Just thought it would be good to talk about because we have been quiet. You are right RA now he does have something else to talk about. This will give him the opt to push his health care plan. Socialized medicine. The Mexican government is in a league of their own. They want the US to allow their citizens, the illegals to come into our country and don't stop them or send them back. Yet, if someone tries to come into their country sneaking across the border they shoot to kill. There are so many deaths in Mexico from this because of the poor or no medical care they are getting. It absolutely floored me when I heard about people with the swine flu getting turned away from the hospitals because the nurses and doctors do not want to get the flu. Are you kidding me. :pat::pat:

I won't let it stop me from doing anything. .......... Yet, if someone tries to come into their country sneaking across the border they shoot to kill.

On your first comment .... In 3 weeks if the flu is still in SA - it is going to be everywhere anyway .... you can run, but you can't hide! ~ and they do have dr.s, hospital, RX in TX ... it's not a 3rd world country. Ha, and at least we'd be among friends! :blinzel:

On your 2nd comment ..... who in their right mind would want to sneak into Mexico .... :willy_nilly: .. except the felons who commit crimes here in the U.S. and then run into Mexico to hide their cowardly hides .... they deserve Mexico and it's welcoming committee ... :lol:

Ahhhh, so you all see that my angel wings are a bit tarnished, eh??? :reddevil

On your first comment .... In 3 weeks if the flu is still in SA - it is going to be everywhere anyway .... you can run, but you can't hide! ~ and they do have dr.s, hospital, RX in TX ... it's not a 3rd world country. Ha, and at least we'd be among friends! :blinzel:

On your 2nd comment ..... who in their right mind would want to sneak into Mexico .... :willy_nilly: .. except the felons who commit crimes here in the U.S. and then run into Mexico to hide their cowardly hides .... they deserve Mexico and it's welcoming committee ... :lol:

I will be in SA. My treatment for anything that ails me is my good ole MGD64. I agree with you, you can't run and hide. :D I seen a funny headline. It said "Obama is to blame for the swine flu." They were saying he brought it back with him to the states when he visited Mexico City. I thought it was a little funny.

If you stand outside a lions cage during feeding and decide I wonder if its true they will attack and eat humans should you go inside the cage to see if it is true. Afterall they have hosiptals doctors and nurses and you may survive. I will wait and see how this spreads I am concerned that it will mutate into something worse than we can imagine. I am concerned that at this time of the year were even discussing flu and I am concerned that someone got clever and quite possibly planted a germ in mexico knowing that thousands of illeagles enter this country daily in fact right here in Arizona. I cant imagine logically going on a vacation to have great fun times and in the back of your mind think you may in up in the hospital or worse.:dunno:

Fred

I'm from Connecticut and I remember when some thought LIME DISEASE was going kill everyone there. I'm still here.
After the fun we had in Ashville, I wouldn't let the threat of the flu keep me from having fun with the Midwest Marauders, the Blue Bunnies, and whatever else anyone chooses to call themselves. SAN ANTONIO WILL ROCK

(and you can take that from my bff, SUPA FREAK)

If you stand outside a lions cage during feeding and decide I wonder if its true they will attack and eat humans should you go inside the cage to see if it is true. After all they have hospitals doctors and nurses and you may survive. I will wait and see how this spreads I am concerned that it will mutate into something worse than we can imagine. I am concerned that at this time of the year were even discussing flu and I am concerned that someone got clever and quite possibly planted a germ in Mexico knowing that thousands of illegals enter this country daily in fact right here in Arizona. I cant imagine logically going on a vacation to have great fun times and in the back of your mind think you may in up in the hospital or worse.:dunno:

Fred
Oh, Fred .... I quite agree with you, don't get me wrong. The fact is that it probably will mutate and get worse before it gets better. But we still have to go on with our lives .... Ray goes to work everyday in a very public place (courthouse) ... we have to shop, run errands - etc. And, our chances are probably pretty great that we could pick it up. San Diego is a border town. Like I said .... I had the Hong Kong flu and that was not the most fun thing I've been through. There's worse diseases that have been brought to the State's than the flu .... every year it's some sort of salmonella ... right now it's sprouts, last year it was tomatoes and peppers, the year before that it was spinach .... one year it was the fear of SARS .... Bird Flu .... it's always going to be something.
If we are lucky enough to avoid the flu here, then you can bet we will not cancel our trip to SA .... I have been recovering all year from other things .... it's not always the thing you worry about that gets you. I know.
Please don't think that I am not concerned about the spread of flu ... it's just that I'm not going to let it dictate me. Unless of course, San Antonio decides to close down it's city.

Being here, or being in San Antonio is not going to make a difference to me.

P.S. The lion would probably spit me out .... too much fat! :laugh:

Oh .... and I forgot one that the news pushes the panic button on here every year too ... the West Nile virus .... spread by mosquitos .... (yeah, our itty-bitty 'squiters!)

There's always something out there out to get us ... :pat:

Don't forget about being KIDNAPPED. I heard that has crossed the border, too! (If that's hijacking a thread, I apologize.)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom