Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
I did some calculating & discovered that since June 2005 Kathy & I have hung out with our XLR family 52 times & counting! Marc & Kris were on our first trip to Bowling Green & have been to most of the other events including the upcoming Artomobilia. We have made many GREAT FRIENDS over the years, THANKS!!! :wave:

Last edited:
I did some calculating & discovered that since June 2005 Kathy & I have hung out with our XLR family 52 times & counting! Marc & Kris were on our first trip to Bowling Green & have been to most of the other events including the upcoming Artomobilia. We have made many GREAT FRIENDS over the years, THANKS!!! :wave:

We have had some great trips, met many new friends and great times since getting the XLR. Thanks to B & K for making it all happen.

Bruce & Kathy, your enthusiasm for the brand, the car, and it's owners has been great fun. We have really enjoyed the opportunity to participate in a small number of the 52 events and appreciate all you have done to keep waving the flag! XLR owners and enthusiasts make great company.

I for one.... Should be thanking you guys! Since 2007, BG, RII. When we bought the car, we never dreamed that we'd be taking these wonderful trips/ get-togethers with a wonderful group of people!! Yes, even the speeding ticket in KY with the "club" is now a wonderful memory. :lol: Sadly, I will miss seeing everyone this year. I'd love to go to Artomobilia for the car show, but family duty, a wedding to go to. Kind'of a bummer!!

THANKS BRUCE & KATHY!!!!!!

Chad

Chad, we'll miss you both this year. Hopefully we'll see you again next year.:wave:

Great trips & great friends!!

Since buying my '04 back in April of '06 and finding the XLR site we used to migrate on; meeting Bruce & Kathy @ RII; we've enjoyed traveling to Bowling Green (several times),Asheville (twice), San Antonio, Colorado Springs, Charleston, Sebring.....the list goes on. The constant in the trips has been Bruce & Kathy, who put so much into the experience, it makes you not want to miss it!! The other benefit has been the people we have met, who have become true friends, even though we don't see one another often enough.

God willingly, we are ready for the next 50-100 trips with our XLR family of friends!!!

Cubby & Supa

We have had some great trips, met many new friends and great times since getting the XLR. Thanks to B & K for making it all happen.

Bruce & Kathy, your enthusiasm for the brand, the car, and it's owners has been great fun. We have really enjoyed the opportunity to participate in a small number of the 52 events and appreciate all you have done to keep waving the flag! XLR owners and enthusiasts make great company.

I for one.... Should be thanking you guys! Since 2007, BG, RII. When we bought the car, we never dreamed that we'd be taking these wonderful trips/ get-togethers with a wonderful group of people!! Yes, even the speeding ticket in KY with the "club" is now a wonderful memory. :lol: Sadly, I will miss seeing everyone this year. I'd love to go to Artomobilia for the car show, but family duty, a wedding to go to. Kind'of a bummer!!

THANKS BRUCE & KATHY!!!!!!

Chad

Bruce & Kathy are the kind of people who make the XLR forum the great place it is!!!!! a big thank you for all you do!!! :grouphug: Al

Thank you for the kind words! Kathy & I have enjoyed spending the good times with our XLR Family.
When we were in OH for the Arthritis Show, we started talking about how many times we had all been together over the years, many great events, memories & friends because of one car! :wave:

Bruce and Kathy, you have certainly helped make for some great trips with the XLR and all our new XLR friends!

I really believe that you and your BG friends helped to make for a very special "once in a lifetime" adventure.

Also, so glad that Kathy was able to get back to feeling good and up to full speed. The two of you have done so much for all of us! We are all blessed to be friends with both of you.

No ... Thank You.... and Kathy ..... you are the glue that holds this group together .... you both have done so much, both willingly and unwillingly and sometimes I'm sure you wondered if anyone even knew how much work and planning you guys did it the background to make each event seamlessly put together. You knew the importance of keeping in touch and event planning to keep us all one cohesive group who not only enjoyed traveling together but enjoyed BEING together .... endurance .... haha ...... 'we talk about how fun it would be to be able to participate in all events that you put together - and wished we lived closer so that every event didn't require 2 weeks on the road ..... you have given us the MILES of SMILES and the chance to really enjoy our most wonderful XLR's. Thank's again.

pictures from 1st XLR Trip 6/05

Here are a few pictures from our very first XLR trip. These were taken (not by Kathy) @ Lockhart Cadillac in Indianapolis. :wave:

Attachments

• XLR trip '05.jpg
    XLR trip '05.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 172
  • XLR trip '05 #2.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 192
  • XLR trip '05 #3.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #3.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 172
  • XLR trip '05 #4.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #4.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 187
  • XLR trip '05 #5.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #5.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 175
  • XLR trip '05 #6.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #6.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 194
THANK YOU TWO! :grouphug:

You all have definitely helped keep interest in XLR's alive - if only Cadillac had put you in charge of marketing, we might still have new ones coming out.

Mike & I have really enjoyed the few recent trips we've been on - sure wish we'd been around for all 52. Very glad to have met Kathy & her mom at BG. All the pictures are always fantastic! Thanks for sharing your talents.

A few more pictures;

Attachments

• XLR trip '05 #7.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #7.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 173
  • XLR trip '05 #8.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #8.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 194
  • XLR trip '05 #9.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #9.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 205
  • XLR trip '05 #10.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #10.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 178
  • XLR trip '05 #11.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #11.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Good picture of Ed & Carolyn & Carolyn's NM XLR

Attachments

• XLR trip '05 #13.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #13.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 179
Marc's Xenon Blue & new for '05, Blue Steel, on display outside the plant in BG

Attachments

• XLR trip '05 #14.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #14.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 214
  • XLR trip '05 #15.jpg
    XLR trip '05 #15.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 230
Wendy & I too would like thank you for all you have done helping to set up the events, dinners, evening drives and of course making up Disc of lifetime of unforgettable memories of the events with pictures and just the right music to make you feel like your still there! We loved meeting at our first XLR event in June 2011 that Dave (Hatty) put together for the Gettysburg Event and then again our 2nd being 2013 Homecoming in BG. There is nothing more exciting then getting a collection of XLR's all together at the same time, once you meet it 'a like becoming a family member and wishing you could attend everyone of the events thereafter! And a big thanks to all who put forth there time an effort to make an event happen! Hope to see you all again in the future! Never forget when you own an XLR you got one of the most Awesome & Coolest cars and friends ever! "CHEERS"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry