Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

I heard you were in Phoenix - and maybe got a chance to see our favorite car show over at The Pavillion's?? GREAT people live in Phoenix, huh ;)? Glad you had a good trip ... sorry you had some lousey weather - but that's what makes a good trip ... lots of variation ... Next time plan a stop in San Diego .... :rocker:

I heard you were in Phoenix - and maybe got a chance to see our favorite car show over at The Pavillion's?? GREAT people live in Phoenix, huh ;)? Glad you had a good trip ... sorry you had some lousey weather - but that's what makes a good trip ... lots of variation ... Next time plan a stop in San Diego .... :rocker:

Would have loved to have the time to have stopped in SD to see you guys. Wasn't able to catch the car show though, I think that's probably the one that Jetboy told me about (across from the 5 & Diner?). Had dinner plans that Saturday evening, then packing for the trip back home...
Next time, maybe a trip to SD and up to visit MSwaim??

Would have loved to have the time to have stopped in SD to see you guys. Wasn't able to catch the car show though, I think that's probably the one that Jetboy told me about (across from the 5 & Diner?). Had dinner plans that Saturday evening, then packing for the trip back home...
Next time, maybe a trip to SD and up to visit MSwaim??
Anytime! While you were with JetBoy at the Diner we were on board with MSwaim & PD sailing the Mexican Coast .... Sorry you missed that car show .... it is really something different - and fabulous - and usually it is so warm at night and the music is blaring 50's hits from the Old McDonald's .... sort of magical ....

We had nice hot weather last week. :D.....This week we are back to October-November weather. WTH Where is spring? :pat:

Many of you have probably not heard of Slave Lake Alberta, but it is a community about 3 hours north of us, with a population of around 7,000. Forest fires have consumed the Town Hall, schools, and a shopping centre. Basically the town is being destroyed by fire. All the residents were forced to evacuate. Dry windy conditions with winds up to 60mph have prevented water bombers from suppressing the flames. We have had a few small local forest fires that are under control. Hate to say it but we need a good spring rain, without the lightning.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-slave-lake-alta-forest-fires/article2022761/

I'm praying that you get a slow steady drizzle for several days!!!!

Many of you have probably not heard of Slave Lake Alberta, but it is a community about 3 hours north of us, with a population of around 7,000. Forest fires have consumed the Town Hall, schools, and a shopping centre. Basically the town is being destroyed by fire. All the residents were forced to evacuate. Dry windy conditions with winds up to 60mph have prevented water bombers from suppressing the flames. We have had a few small local forest fires that are under control. Hate to say it but we need a good spring rain, without the lightning.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-slave-lake-alta-forest-fires/article2022761/

I wish there was a way to send you all the rain we have been getting. All it done this weekend was rain and currently temp is 53. Hope you get the rain we have gotten and soon.

I absolutley understand the fire situation there ... we have had 2 in the last 10 years that destroyed millions and millions of dollars in property, but more tragically they took several lives including those of a few of the firefighters .... Mother Nature can be so cruel. BTW the floods, tornedoes, sunami/earthquakes .... it is gut-wrenching. Thinking for you ... and praying for rain.

It is beautiful here in the midwest. Sun is out and the temps are on the rise finally. Life is good. :D

It is beautiful here in the midwest. Sun is out and the temps are on the rise finally. Life is good. :D
Wish it was the same here in Montana!!! Rain, Rain, Rain... supposed to get 4.5 inches before it's finished raining on Sunday.
Rain, Rain go away... make your way to Canada. That's where your needed!!!

I'm in PA this week for work, you need a boat not an XLR... It has not stopped raining :squint:

The fire is still burning out of control but the damage to the town has been done. Over 375 homes, the Town Hall, and the police station have all been burned to the ground. There are still many other homes that have been damaged. All the families got out safe, but today one of the fire fighting helicopters crashed and the pilot has died.

That is so sad, it is still raining here, the weather has been rotten cold and wet since I returned.

The fire is still burning out of control but the damage to the town has been done. Over 375 homes, the Town Hall, and the police station have all been burned to the ground. There are still many other homes that have been damaged. All the families got out safe, but today one of the fire fighting helicopters crashed and the pilot has died.

I wish we could have sent you all the rain we got. Sad to hear so much damage.

Hey Madmac...
Is it raining where you are? Hopefully it is & is putting out the fires.

We had a terrible storm yesterday. Today high of 82 tomorrow high of 62. :dunno:

It started raining late last night and looks to continue all day. Should help with out with the forest fires.

Glad to hear you're getting much needed rainfall!!! Hope it continues.
It started raining again this morning; we've gotten over 2" just today. Doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon. Downtown Billings is under about 8" of water. A couple of our nicer golf courses are also being flooded. Where we live is wet, but no flooding.

tornado

Joplin MO got pounded by an f5 tornado yesterday! 117 dead and one hospital out of commission. I live an hour west of them and their is another go round coming through tonight! Nado on the ground around OKC for an hour, same storm headed our way.

On a different sour note-the railroad I work for evidently had a tank car struck by lightning north of here 30 miles and been burning for 1 1/2 days now. At least its not in a town. I have heard they are gonna use explosives to put the fire out.

Joplin MO got pounded by an f5 tornado yesterday! 117 dead and one hospital out of commission. I live an hour west of them and their is another go round coming through tonight! Nado on the ground around OKC for an hour, same storm headed our way.

On a different sour note-the railroad I work for evidently had a tank car struck by lightning north of here 30 miles and been burning for 1 1/2 days now. At least its not in a town. I have heard they are gonna use explosives to put the fire out.

Mike - this is terrible - our news channels have been running video since the tornados struck and are still covering them .... so sad. I hope all of you and yours are okay. Dang .... I can't believe what horrible events have happened this year .... Peace. RA

Depressing!!!! :ugh:

More rain today... nasty storms again last night. I hope to be able to mow the yard, if it ever stops raining.:cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom