Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

We haven't had a problem getting into the 80's; the problem is getting a dry day. Seems like we are on an every other day----rain, cloudy, rain, sunny, rain........:(:(:(

Weather? Sunshine and cooler in the early mornings. Hot and sticky in the afternoons with a slight chance of a passing thunderstorm late. Just after dark is perfect topless weather. Heavy dew at night (after midnight).

It is SW Kentucky in July.

Next question? :blinzel:

I love to watch west coast people in a good old mid-west thunderstorm. They think it is Armageddon! Pay back for them laughing at me freaking out in an earthquake.

We're freaking out right now .... AZ sent us a monsoonal flow .... we don't quite understand what it is, but it is hot as hell and humid ... life-sucking .... hate it. This is the 2nd day .... an earthquake only lasts for a moment. :lol:

We're freaking out right now .... AZ sent us a monsoonal flow .... we don't quite understand what it is, but it is hot as hell and humid ... life-sucking .... hate it. This is the 2nd day .... an earthquake only lasts for a moment. :lol:

Try it for 3 months, July - Sept. Now you know why you see so many zonies in the summer :laugh:

Try it for 3 months, July - Sept. Now you know why you see so many zonies in the summer :laugh:
Love our Zonies.... :love: Tonight I could feel the mugginess move on ... I don't know where it's going but hope it never comes back!

Just curious, how did everyone survive the Phoenix dust storm the other night. Pictures on the news looked pretty incredible.

Rod,

I was in Missoula last week and it was spectacular! Makes up for some of the winter anyway...

Rod,

I was in Missoula last week and it was spectacular! Makes up for some of the winter anyway...

Yea... it's hard to say anything negative about Montana in the Spring or Summer... or Fall or Winter for that matter. What were you doing up there?
Rod

Jetboy...how is everyone after that terrible dust storm? Hope the car was inside! :chuckle

Yea... it's hard to say anything negative about Montana in the Spring or Summer... or Fall or Winter for that matter. What were you doing up there?
Rod

Rod,

I was flying Mr. Washington to his place in Missoula for a meeting. We got in that afternoon and I left for home the next morning, so it was a short visit, but great weather!

Its been a gorgeous week here in Chicago... and its going to last one more day! Beautiful evening tonight - we were with about 30+ Corvettes (and one AWESOME XLR) for a club event to show off our cars to disabled teens. We then caravan'd to a hotdog "drive-in" joint for dinner. Great time! Tomorrow is Devin's church youth group's CAR WASH/CAR SHOW fund raiser. Our pastor has invited a bunch of friends with vettes and hot rods for the day, to draw more people in. Weather looks like it will be great, once again.

Have a nice weekend everybody! :rocker:

Jetboy...how is everyone after that terrible dust storm? Hope the car was inside! :chuckle
Yes Princess was in the garage. I am on the far north side of town so it had to pass over a few mountain ranges to get to me. Had died down a lot but still a mess the next morning as there were sprinkles mixed in so it was more of a mud storm. My work is down by the airport and it is still dirty down there. I used to live half way between Phoenix and Tucson by the intersection of I-8 and I-10 and they are a regular occurance down there. I actually didn't think much of it till I saw the news in the AM. Rained last night so downtown is cleaned up for the All Star game :)

Heat index of 112 today..... It was 97 at 6AM (A KY record)..... Bleh

Storm ripped through Chicagoland ...

We had a storm come through Chicago yesterday morning that has knocked out power to over 800,000 people (me being one of them). Looks like we won't have our power back for a few days. In my town, telephone poles were snapped off, like toothpicks - a lot of trees and branches down; a lot of them on power lines. I doubt we get our power back before Devin and I head out to Bowling Green on Thursday. :dunno:
Poor Devin - had a Driver's License Road session planned yesterday morning, right in the middle of the storm. His instructor was impressed how Devin didn't panic; he just calmly drove around all of the tree limbs and power lines. :chuckle He could only do 15mph when on the tollway. But good experience for him!
Fortunately today/tomorrow's temps are only around 80 - but the heat returns over the weekend. :ugh:

Man is it nice here in Montana :love::love::love:!!! 85 with 28% humidity... SOOOO MUCH better than Bowling Green weather. The heat in BG seemed like a brick wall hit you when you walked out of the hotel, then another brick wall, albeit much more comfortable, of cool when you got back into the hotel.

At 6 a.m. today the temperature was 81 degrees with a heat index of 87. Today is supposed to be the hottest day in 12 years...it may hit 99 degrees. Yesterday the heat index hit 114 in Indianapolis and 119 in a city in the northern third of the state.

Man is it nice here in Montana :love::love::love:!!! 85 with 28% humidity... SOOOO MUCH better than Bowling Green weather. The heat in BG seemed like a brick wall hit you when you walked out of the hotel, then another brick wall, albeit much more comfortable, of cool when you got back into the hotel.

You should be here now.... Heat Index 114 :mad:

I got less wet scuba diving last week....

You should be here now.... Heat Index 114 :mad:

I got less wet scuba diving last week....

I don't know how you guys survive it, especially those that have to work outside. I have never sweated so much as I did last week in BG... you know, I never even heard of a heat index before our trip to BG, wind chill, yes, heat index, no.
This morning at 8:15 it's 58 with 66% humidity. 66%!!! WOW... that's high for us. Incidentally, our wind chill is 57. Yes, we list a wind chill year around...

In Fort Worth we have hit 100+ for the past 20 days and if we are lucky by Sat our high will only be 99!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom