Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Even here winter this year has been bad & LONG. Plus whenever it has warmed up, it's rained. Finally this weekend we have two rain-free mid-70's days in a row, so I took Beauty out for a top down run with the music blasting! It was euphoric! - kind of like Rod talks about with his first spring run - FINALLY set free & it was awesome. So I understand the feeling a little better! :D:D:D

Not gonna talk about the mid-40's high forecast for Wed. ... :bawling:

Yea... it was high 60's end of this last week. This weekend going to be 40's with snow Sunday night. Oh... for this winter to be OVER!!!!!

Well I hate to bust your bubble. But I started my day waking up around 6 30 am. It was 60*f and by 730 I was rounding the corner to the 14th annual car show and spring fest. By 8 am the lot was filling up where I was parked. Ppl were lined up around 4 am. But they couldn't get in until 645. It turned out to be in the low 80's.
ta9yqujy.jpg
sehy7evu.jpg
aru4ehuq.jpg
y3e8a5yh.jpg
here are just a few pics of the cars at the show. All in all it was a nice day. Free food and a car show. What more could a person ask for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea... it was high 60's end of this last week. This weekend going to be 40's with snow Sunday night. Oh... for this winter to be OVER!!!!!

You REALLY have my sympathy! After this long winter I don't think I could deal with that every year.

You REALLY have my sympathy! After this long winter I don't think I could deal with that every year.

Yea, it was in the mid to high 70's here today but I didn't bring Sparkle out at all because they talked about a late afternoon storm blowing through with chances of golf ball and baseball sized hail... It's just the beginning, there'll be better days.

Yea, it was in the mid to high 70's here today but I didn't bring Sparkle out at all because they talked about a late afternoon storm blowing through with chances of golf ball and baseball sized hail... It's just the beginning, there'll be better days.

WOW... from a bad winter to a worse spring. How much worse could it get... or maybe I shouldn't ask???

Another gorgeous, not too hot day. Yesterday, I shared Beauty with others at a car show. Today I enjoyed her all to myself with a short joy ride. Took some under 45 mph back roads & just let her lope, then fired up the Corsa every now & then. Love that Corsa growl every time! Just nice to clear my head & really appreciate everything & that I am so fortunate to have a XLR.

Coming home there's a guy up the street who only waves when I'm in Beauty - but always waves then. He was out working on his early 90's Mustang today & waved, & after I passed I looked in the rear view mirror & he was standing there still looking wistfully at the XLR. One of these days Mike or I am going to have to take him for a spin ...

Out of storage!!!

Been awaiting this day for many months... got the XLR out of storage today. Every time I get behind the wheel of this amazing vehicle, I think to myself, "Man, I am one lucky individual to own a vehicle of this magnitude. WOW, What a ride!!!"

Been awaiting this day for many months... got the XLR out of storage today. Every time I get behind the wheel of this amazing vehicle, I think to myself, "Man, I am one lucky individual to own a vehicle of this magnitude. WOW, What a ride!!!"

I know this was a great day for you! And I definitely agree with your feelings of being lucky!

Yes I agree with you in this. "Every time I get behind the wheel of this amazing vehicle, I think to myself, "Man, I am one lucky individual to own a vehicle of this magnitude." Today when I took my baby out. I turn the radio off and just listened every time the exhaust sound hummed. Sometimes you just need to turn the world off and listen to your car. Then later in the afternoon. My nephew and I went to go see the movie "brick mansions". He turned the radio on and then the sounds of boom boom were heard. Luckily it was the radio and not the car. Then after the movie let out and on the way home. That's when I saw the black xlr coming towards me. That one had the top up even though it was in the mid 80's. Don't understand some people. Maybe they had a loaded trunk.

Wonderful day!

Took Beauty out for a long ride through some tree lined back country roads (not an easy find out here!). Nice cool breeze plus the surroundings actually made me feel like I was back in the mountains where I grew up. Not much traffic so it was a peaceful, relaxing ride. Best of all the honeysuckle is blooming so I was surrounded by the sweet smell of some of nature's best perfume!

All I can say is "ahhhh!" So relaxing I feel like I've had a massage & everything is good! :blinzel:

It was a really nice day here so Beauty had a good run & did some modeling. As usual, she got some neck snaps from pedestrians & slow left turns as drivers hung out the window!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 344
Well today I started to take the car out and clean the Interrior atleast. But as I started to drop the top so I could clean the armrest easier. The temp was rising fast. The temp was around upper 80's but the feel like temp was in the 100's. So all I accomplished was the armrest and 2 rims. It was too hot to do anything else. So all I did after that was take a few snap shots.
adupazem.jpg
baqy3a9e.jpg
a3unagev.jpg
. But then later on in the early evening the temp dropped a little. But not much. So I went out for a drive. Again snapping some pics
upy9apah.jpg
. Here she is auditioning for the transformer movie.
4ata6u8e.jpg
here she found bumble bee and he started to blush.
ja3ymuha.jpg

Last edited:
Amy and I decided to take Beauty and Victor out for a joint run today and I would have to say, life doesn't get much better than this. :dance:

Hard to believe a Cat 2 hurricane brushed our city two days ago. :chuckle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 352
Nice pic. Your weather looked better then mine. Dark and Cloudy with 40% chance of rain. With 50%chance later tonight. So no topless driving for me. The temps for the rest of the week. 87 with feel like of in the mid 100's and 30-50% chance of thunderstorm.

Independence Day weather

It was a beautiful day here on the 4th.

We put the top down on Crimson Pearl and drove her downtown to watch the fireworks display.

Best seat in the house!

We did the same with Roxy except got pretty cool here in PA Friday evening so top went up on the way home!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

We did the same with Roxy except got pretty cool here in PA Friday evening so top went up on the way home!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

NOT SO NICE TONIGHT! This just blew thru our area! Most trees limbs down!

4yra3u8a.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Well it's been rainy here all week. Well I should say the last 3 weeks or so. I took the car in to my dealer for minor service and then a detail job on the 14th of aug. Then picked her up later that afternoon. So I raced home before the rains came in so I could keep her clean. I only had a couple drops land on the car. So I wiped her down when I got into the garage and shut the door.
The bad thing is it's been raining every day since. So I haven't really enjoyed taking my ride out except for a quick spin around my development last sat. So she's been able to keep her shine on in the garage.
aad3c9be8bdda067a8a1d929026141d7.jpg
dfc31a6bce2bf17ba99f8f9732a8c88c.jpg

Trying to keep her sparkling clean for the big show on the 13th of sept. But I don't know because I have to go to doc apt earlier next week. Praying the rain gods turn off the overhead sprinkler system. Fl has had enough rain already.

NO NO it can't be SNOW

This is what I awoke to this morning and it is still snowing this afternoon.

:dunno:

Sept 8 2014.jpg

Where are you at when this was takin

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics