Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Your corner of the world

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
It would be nice to see what your part of the world looks like. Here's some pictures from Indiana.

The world famous IMS
RichardPettyDrivingExperienceAug324.jpg

RichardPettyDrivingExperienceAug303.jpg

RichardPettyDrivingExperienceAug305.jpg

RichardPettyDrivingExperienceAug306.jpg

New Lucas Oil Stadium
CorvetteMotorama08019.jpg

Pictures from our "Neighborhood"
RichardPettyDrivingExperienceAug302.jpg

img_4678.jpg

img_4528.jpg

August08powershot011.jpg

Bruce :wave:

Oh! I like this thread! Now we get to see your neighborhoods! This one is going to take a little work! (more struggles with the camera!:pat:)

Thanks for starting this one ...

Midwest looks the same!!

I'd post pics but all you have to do is look at the last four of Bruce's and ours would look the same:):)

The trees are in beautiful colors now.

Thats what we miss the most id the fall colors really bueatiful great day for a cruise. Lets go!!!:lol:

Fred:wave::wave::wave:

Well Bruce - great photos .... are you showing me what I might be able to create someday with this new camera? First I have to learn the difference between aperature and f-stop -lol - :willy_nilly: - I can do great with the automatic part of this camera, but wow, I'd love to sit down one-on-one with someone who actually knew how to set up shots. I have watched the DVD that came with it twice now, and yet to have taken a picture. All I have is trash-canned about 200 shots of the dog, Ray and the Christmas tree trying to do "something" on my own. Like the guy said - it's a whole different thing taking a picture and making a picture. So far the thing I love to play with most is the depth of field. I think this thing is a little much for me, but hey, it's a great toy.

I'm glad you put the contrast pictures in btw fall and winter. Very nice.

Maybe soon I can take a picture of this place and post it.

Anyone - is there some step-by-step directions ANYWHERE on here on how to upload and post? I never know which box to check, and it seems like I always have to take my pictures into Paint to reduce them and the whole thing must be easier - ????? Bruce you make it look so easy.

Chicago pictures

WIFunRunJuly09085.jpg

WIFunRunJuly09090.jpg

WIFunRunJuly09064.jpg

This is what you see the most of in Chicago...Traffic:lol::lol:

WIFunRunJuly09057.jpg

I hope you will take a minute to watch this.

Y'all ask me "what's it like" where I live (San Diego) - I couldn't have done this better.

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=bQfpD3Mocs0

LinSue sent me a music video from her home town of Wilmington, IL and I thought it was so cool. I got this one this morning from a guy I went to high school with .... he said "enjoy!" I did and I hope you do too.

The opening shot of the valley to the mountains is where I live ... at the lower base of those mountains .... that's about 10-15 miles from dipping your toes into the surf. All connected. That's why you can see the snow and the Pacific at the same time ... or go to the beach and snow in the same day. The music is not bad either ...

Search around and see if anyone has made a video of your home town, I think this is a cool way to get to visit.

:love:

I hope you will take a minute to watch this.

Y'all ask me "what's it like" where I live (San Diego) - I couldn't have done this better.

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=bQfpD3Mocs0

LinSue sent me a music video from her home town of Wilmington, IL and I thought it was so cool. I got this one this morning from a guy I went to high school with .... he said "enjoy!" I did and I hope you do too.

The opening shot of the valley to the mountains is where I live ... at the lower base of those mountains .... that's about 10-15 miles from dipping your toes into the surf. All connected. That's why you can see the snow and the Pacific at the same time ... or go to the beach and snow in the same day. The music is not bad either ...

Search around and see if anyone has made a video of your home town, I think this is a cool way to get to visit.

:love:
RA that was real nice. Ingrid and I always enjoy it their. Thanks for sharing.:cool:

Fred

Great video RA!, thanks for sharing. San Diego looks beautiful. What a wonderful place to live.:) Maybe we will get out there one day for a visit.

overlooking Billings, MT

Here's a few photos of the Billings area. The first is looking to the west and a shot of the start of what we call the "Rimrocks" - a sandstone cliff about 200' high. The rimrocks are about 5 miles long and borders the entire north edge of Billings. The airport sits on top... I've heard it's one of the most interesting airports to land at - all because the landing strip is all-of-a-sudden 200' higher. Another interesting note concerning the Rimrocks is that the many of the buildings at Rocky Mountain College (where Cindy works) were originally built in the 1800's using sandstone that was quarried from the Rimrocks. I'll try to get some photos of some of the buildings and post them later - they are geogeous.

The second two are looking out over Billings from atop the rimrocks. First we have a photo of the dowtown area - looking east, second is a photo looking west - in the far distance, centered in the photo, are the Beartooth Mountains, about 80 miles away.

As can be seen, we actually have quite a bit of snow left from the last storm, which left 10" on the ground. I'll try to remember to post some photos in the spring after the snow melts... we have the most beautiful cyan blue sky you have EVER SEEN!!! Hence, the reason Montana is called "Big Sky Country".

Great pictures Rod, thanks for posting them. It sure is beautiful out there. Have you lived there all your life?

Great pictures Rod, thanks for posting them. It sure is beautiful out there. Have you lived there all your life?

Yes, it is quite beautiful here... Cindy thinks it's more so in the summer, me, year around.
Yep, lived here all my life - all 52 years, 4 months...
Cindy grew up in Miles City, 140 miles to the east. She has been in Billings since 1982.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom