Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLR-V Alpine

Default How to remove side panels in trunk?

How do I remove the side panels in the trunk to access the bottom of the trunk support struts?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

We just took the covers off the storage bin on the right side, and off where the hydraulics are on the left, which gave visible access to the bottom of the struts.

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

A former member here took a long thin bladed screwsdriver and changed mine in about 2 or 3 minutes. Changed faster than I could make him a cup of coffee. he said the right was easy to change but the left he had did so many times he could feel the clip without looking to release it. don't worry if the little spring comes off, the new ones have it on them. Some people on here say it takes hours to change the rear but he offered to bet them . Of course they were more mouth than action practice on the right one you can see the bottom of by removing the little cubby then you will know how to do the drivers side. He showed me and I was able to show a friend