Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

It's tough to get back in the swing of things today after such an action packed weekend.:rocker: We have a lot to do @ home before Photo Girl & Photo Mom head to Bowling Green,KY on Wednesday. Have a great day!!!

4/26/10
Forgot to mention. Cubby made our 15 year old nieces day yesterday. He let her take Scarlett-V out for a drive, with him in it of course. She thought she was going to die when she asked and Cubby said yes. He really made her day. Rachel loves her uncles Scarlett-V. She has great taste. :D

4/26/10
Forgot to mention. Cubby made our 15 year old nieces day yesterday. He let her take Scarlete-V out for a drive, with him in it of course. She thought she was going to die when she asked and Cubby said yes. He really made her day. Rachel loves her uncles Scarlete-V. She has great taste. :D

oh PLEASE don't tell Devin that Cubby let his 15 yo niece drive his V... he is already not buying the "only 25yo's can drive my car because of our insurance policy" excuse. :pat: I will NEVER hear the end of it.

But I think that is great that he made her day. What a nice uncle.:cool:

Hey Supa, how come she gets to drive it and you don't? Just thought I would stir the pot a little.:chuckle
:laugh::laugh:Hey I didn't think of that. Guess he likes the niece more than me.

4/27/10
Hello everyone, I hope your Tuesday is going well. I have 2 transmissions to repair here @ work, so I will be busy the next few days. Still recovering from the weekend. So much to do and so little time. Have a great day.:wave:

Weather is beautiful here in Chicago (still a tad chilly though). Work is getting pretty busy as Month End approaches (we do about 70% of our monthly business in the final 5 days of the month). I'll miss a few hours tomorrow to attend a funeral of a church member - They've asked me to sing Amazing Grace at the service and be a pallbearer. Funerals are always difficult for me. Sounds like we will have another beautiful day tomorrow though - in the 70's.

Have a great day everyone. :wave:

Sorry to hear about your friend Dave ... what a great honor to be able to bring the joy of your voice to his celebration of life.

Today I am the proverbial chicken with the head cut off ... I work tonight and will spend half of the day preparing for that ... :willy_nilly:

Being retired sure was a lot easier, but being back to work is a whole lot more fun.

Ray is working at the court today, and when I last looked in the garage he has all of his products lined up for the final "detail" before the car show. We are very excited - this is the first time we've ever entered one. I would be so proud if Lola could sport a ribbon or trophy .... I am sure Ray would find a way to mount it!

Having a great day here in Arizona. Waxed the XLR and then it looked so good that I let it sit and went for a cruise in the Corvette. Everyone have a fantastic day.;)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Been beautiful here lately. Supposed to start raining tomorrow throughout the weekend. That's okay, though, we will be in Canada tasting wine in the Okanogon Wine Valley...

4/28/10
Sun is out and so is Ginger. Other than that just at work. Why is it that it is nice when we have to work and crap when we aren't working. :dunno:

Wind Wind and more Wind today, gust to 70 MPH. I am so tired of wind. Hope it will all be gone before everyone gets here next month. Colorado Springs may replace Chicago as the "Windy City" :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Wind Wind and more Wind today, gust to 70 MPH. I am so tired of wind. Hope it will all be gone before everyone gets here next month. Colorado Springs may replace Chicago as the "Windy City" :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Sounds like you need a "Windrestrictor" :chuckle :lol: :willy_nilly:

Wow! That's an ugly picture!

I'm shopping for cameras for my trip to Colorado and Yellowstone. So many options, and photographer friends have very different opinions.... but all agree on Canon.

PS I need to stop telling folks about the trip - everyone wants to join me - the best part of traveling alone is the ability to go "topless" anytime and anywhere (luggage for 1!)!

I'm shopping for cameras for my trip to Colorado and Yellowstone. So many options, and photographer friends have very different opinions.... but all agree on Canon.

PS I need to stop telling folks about the trip - everyone wants to join me - the best part of traveling alone is the ability to go "topless" anytime and anywhere (luggage for 1!)!

Before you spring for a camera you might want to compare the Canon to the Olympus. I have an Olympus 5000C @ around $900.00 but they have them in the $200.00 and up range that are really great.

I finally got our baby washed tonight. Boy, was she dirty from the trip last weekend. Kathy and Jeanie stopped by work today on their way to Bowling Green, KY for the Bash. They are planning on visiting Makers Mark tomorrow. I may drive down Friday after work and join them. Have a great Thursday.:wave:

I'll look into them. Thanks for the input!

(I'm also looking for something fairly portable and relatively small.....)
Well, Rich - I've done the camera search 3X now ... ended up with the Canon like Kathy & George have ... but for my pocket-sized one - well, I did the web search for top camera's, consumer choices, blah-blah-blah --- thought I really had a handle on it .... turns out my Powershot is well thought of, but when I see the pictures my grandaughter's Fuji takes ... no comparison - her's wins hands down. Since you're just looking - take a look at what your friends are using - sometimes advertising is just that ... like Maytag ... Good luck!

Good luck on your Camera search, Rich. I won't give my opinion - for obvious reasons... but like others have said, see what your friends are using and see what the public is buying. I wish there were time to get you a good deal through my Employee Sale. Sale doesn't start until Memorial Day, usually.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom