Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

"Little Bugger" came home today so I have had the top down running errands. He looks brand new, they did a great job, couldn't be happier. Eric has been painting up a storm as my nephew and his wife will be staying on their way back to KC later this week. Had to get the guest room finished so they have a place to sleep. Looking forward to having them, they are such nice young people he is going to be 58 this year and the only blood nephew I have.

XLR vs MEDIANS ... not a good mix

Had a bit of a scare the other day. Took my XLR to my warehouse for Inventory (don't get down to Woodridge very often)... tried to shoot onto the frontage road between traffic and didn't notice a MEDIAN in the way. Well, I hit it pretty hard, bounced over it - couldn't stop as there was an 18 wheeler barreling down on me. "Top not secure" message came up, but car seemed to drive ok. Got to my warehouse and cycled through the top up/top down a few times, no problems. No damage to the undercarriage or front facial (looks like some kind of "skid rails" underneath helped.

Lesson learned - know where you are going BEFORE darting across traffic.

Could have been a lot worse. :stupid: :pat:

5/8/10
Need to go to the store. Having my mom and sister over for mothers day. I hate going to the store when it's windy becasue people have the bad habit of not putting their shopping carts backs and the wind pushs them right into your car. :mad::(

We will be getting together with friends (Corndog) and family tonight to celebrate Kathy's and her brother Brad's birthdays along with Mother's Day.

I need to get the car ready for CO. I hope all of you moms have a great day tomorrow.:wave:

Beautiful out today!! 60 degrees... in Montana, that's top down weather. Having a surprise 50th birthday party for Cindy tonight... about 55 people. Should be a blast... Cindy doesn't have a clue!!

Made it Safe and Sound...

Well I'm back home in Colorado with my V. 1,800 miles with an average speed of 82 mph and 27mpg gas mileage...

Balloons and Varooms

We got home last night from Balloons and Varooms in Ridgway, Co. The trip was great and the weather was good.

On Friday night the cars were parked in a city park and at dark they had a balloon glow. On Saturday morning the cars were parked and all the balloons inflated and they took photographs with the cars and balloons. After the balloons launched, the cars stayed for a car show. There were about 20 balloons and 50 cars.

We met an XLR owner, friends of a new owner and a prospective owner. We gave the new owner info about the Colorado Springs event and maybe they will make it.

I have attached a couple of photos, one from the event and one from the drive in the mountains.

I'll bet the party was a hit!

Betty White was AWESOME on "Saturday Night Live" tonight! What a riot at 88!!!

The party was SO MUCH FUN!!! There werer 55 of us there... Cindy was SOOOOO surprised... and she had a GREAT time visiting with everyone there!!
It is absolutely gorgeous here today... although Cindy thinks it's cold (65 Degrees)... sitting on the deck with a BOTTLE of wine (over half gone). Cindy was napping... just woke up and joined me with a bottle of her ice wine... LIFE IS GOOD!!!
IT JUST DOESN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!!!

Finally a beautiful Colorado Day, very little wind, nice sunny sky, top down going to church, out to dinner and home again. As always, lots of wonderful comments.

The party was SO MUCH FUN!!! There werer 55 of us there... Cindy was SOOOOO surprised... and she had a GREAT time visiting with everyone there!!
It is absolutely gorgeous here today... although Cindy thinks it's cold (65 Degrees)... sitting on the deck with a BOTTLE of wine (over half gone). Cindy was napping... just woke up and joined me with a bottle of her ice wine... LIFE IS GOOD!!!
IT JUST DOESN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!!!

Happy Birthday Cindy!!!
I loved my 50's ..... they were the BEST years ever. (the 60's really suck so far) ....
What is ice wine?
I'll try a glass of that :beerchug:!
See you guys soon!

5/10/10

I hope everyone had a good weekend, (it sounds like Rod & Cindy sure did) and a nice Mother's Day. We're trying to get things done before we leave for Colorado...never enough time.:D

Getting Ready!!!

Scarlett-V goes in for service and to check everything out before our trip to Colorado in two weeks. Weather hasn't been the best for much top down driving, so I hope we get some out west. Will have to start figuring out how to pack everything, to save room for the shirts. Looking forward to seeing our old friends and meeting new ones.

My vacation for the Colorado trip finally got approved today at work so I made my reservations tonight! I'm leaving Tuesday the 18th and headed to the Badlands (and Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower and a great drive on the Peter Norbic Scenic Byway) for a day and then to Yellowstone for a couple of days. I'll spend my last night at a Bed and Breakfast in Jackson WY before joining the group in Colorado Springs. See you all SOON!!!!!!!:wave:

My vacation for the Colorado trip finally got approved today at work so I made my reservations tonight! I'm leaving Tuesday the 18th and headed to the Badlands (and Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower and a great drive on the Peter Norbic Scenic Byway) for a day and then to Yellowstone for a couple of days. I'll spend my last night at a Bed and Breakfast in Jackson WY before joining the group in Colorado Springs. See you all SOON!!!!!!!:wave:

Sounds like a great time. Wonderful scenery and all from a cockpit of an XLR... what could be better! Safe travels, Rich. :rocker:

You'll be seeing some GREAT country!!! Never even heard of the Peter Norbic Scenic Byway... where is it?
If you need a place to stay and you're coming through Billings, MT, give me a shout!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom