Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR brick @ the NCM

Which phrase would you like to have on the XLR group brick?

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Performance & Style...Built in Bowling Green '04-'09

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dave I love the one on the right. Perfect to me. All of it.

Well Dave it does seem that the one on the right is very awesome! I like it myself! Question being is it to much detailed as that not going to be under the simple is better plan? :dunno:

Dan :wave:

Well Dave it does seem that the one on the right is very awesome! I like it myself! Question being is it to much detailed as that not going to be under the simple is better plan? :dunno:

Dan :wave:

Just to add my opinion may the 04 picture version would be a little less detail for the grill & wheels :dunno:

Redundundant...

Perhaps it should read, "Hand built with pride", and remove the redundancy with the "built" term. FWIW

Tim

Our vote went for number 3 .... although I do not think the car should have the V grill or upgrade wheels. Wouldn't it be better to simplify that pattern and put in stone what the designers had in mind to begin with?

Our vote went for number 3 .... although I do not think the car should have the V grill or upgrade wheels. Wouldn't it be better to simplify that pattern and put in stone what the designers had in mind to begin with?

Lola' Mom I fully agree as we mentioned early simple is better!! :blinzel:

I love this number 2 design:
Added advice:
1. Use the 04-05 style year design of XLR for the #2 Brick selection and not the V style years design, less graphics on grill and wheels to make it simple as mention in the beginning

2. I personally would like it to be:
Cadillac XLR
The Roadster with - (Use same font as Original Cadillac)
Preformance and Style (Use same font as Original Cadillac)
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

This is just my opinion of another choice to add.
I think Roadster added to the wording would be classic to the XLR (if it would fit)
I would really like some of your opinions on it of what you think?????

Bruce or Dave could make up brick design like this so we could truly see what it would look like?

Thanks! :wave:
Dan & Wendy

Another Design to consider

OK, here is another design idea (per some suggestions. Let me know what you think.

As far as what year XLR and whether it is a V or Base - I think that is a personal preference. Me personally, I think having an '09 V represents the final car built in Bowling Green. Also - as you see, the Base grill has a lot more detail in it than the V grill in Design #2 (to me, it just looks shaded, rather than a lot of squares). Just my opinion.

Here you go. Hope you like.

XLR Brick Idea 004.jpg

Thx Dave for doing this so quickly! I do agree the V design is less on the grill but has a few more spokes on the V wheels. I love the rest of the design Can u add to the voting polls and use either XLR or XLR V
Thx Dan

OK, here is another design idea (per some suggestions. Let me know what you think.

As far as what year XLR and whether it is a V or Base - I think that is a personal preference. Me personally, I think having an '09 V represents the final car built in Bowling Green. Also - as you see, the Base grill has a lot more detail in it than the V grill in Design #2 (to me, it just looks shaded, rather than a lot of squares). Just my opinion.

Here you go. Hope you like.

View attachment 2217

I Love This One! Someone is very talented .... :cool:

Thx Dave for doing this so quickly! I do agree the V design is less on the grill but has a few more spokes on the V wheels. I love the rest of the design Can u add to the voting polls and use either XLR or XLR V
Thx Dan

THIS IS THE ONE WENDY AND I LIKE PLEASE CHANGE OUR POLL VOTE TO THIS DESIGN

THANK YOU
DAN & WENDY:wave::wave::wave:

They are all good designs Bruce. Design 2 may be too intricuate for a brick carving though. Would look great on a metal engraving!!

Dave, design #4 looks great! I hope they can make it work on the brick. I think the wording on design #4 will be put on any of the other designs as well, it says it all!

Dave, design #4 looks great! I hope they can make it work on the brick. I think the wording on design #4 will be put on any of the other designs as well, it says it all![/QUOTE

NOTICE: IF YOU ALL READY PICKED A DESIGN AND WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE YOUR CHOICE!
PLEASE LET DAVE OR BRUCE KNOW!
THANKS

Bruce:
I'm happy to say we agree with you! Don't really care which picture we end up using! We like the words on design #4 even if we use the V design or they can't do the picture and need to use the silhouette! :rocker: NOW LETS GET THE ONE WE PICK! THEN WE CAN GET IT :smash: HAMMERED OUT! :laugh::laugh:

Wendy & Dan
:party
ALMOST THERE!

Just bought brick for XLR area - "Bruce and Carly Weddle 04/10/1991". I am Founding NCM Member but traded Vette's for XLR. Easier to get in and out of. Do you still need contribution for 24 x 24 brick?

Bruce

Save The Wave:wave:

Just bought brick for XLR area - "Bruce and Carly Weddle 04/10/1991". I am Founding NCM Member but traded Vette's for XLR. Easier to get in and out of. Do you still need contribution for 24 x 24 brick?

Bruce

Save The Wave:wave:

Thanks Bruce ...

We have reached our goal for the 24x24 brick. Just settling on the design now.

Brick Design submitted to the museum

I have heard back from Megan at the museum and she indicated that the drawings of the cars would be too much detail for the sandblasters to work with. She recommended the SILHOUETTE design. I have told her to move forward with the following design. This brick is going to look fantastic!

XLR Brick Idea 001v2.jpg :blinzel:

Looks Great Dave, can't wait to see it @ The NCM. Thanks for all of your hard work on this project & a BIG THANKS to all that donated.:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom