Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

04 XLR to be PARTED OUT.. Send me your request

of xlr to be parted out

Hi,
Good morning from the Lake of the Ozarks. Just another sunny day in Paradise. If you decided to replace the front shocks. Cross reference the gm part number to a ACDelco number and you will save approx. $150 per shock. Learned this on my search for new shocks. I have replaced all shocks on my xlr and it really improved the handling. Those 13 year old shocks were worn out and two were leaking. Take care and have a great day.
F

Parts

Interested in the wheels, floor mats, drivers seat covers and interior console components. If you could give me a call I'd like to set pricing and get those items locked up!
Thanks in advance,
Wayne Andrews
425 466-7058

STEERING WHEEL INQUIRY

I am very interested in the steering wheel. I am converting my finance's 04 XLR from black interior to Shale. I'm starting to locate parts for this project so this is why I inquiring about the steering wheel-need a few other parts too!
Do you still have the steering wheel, what color is the material part, Ebony or Shale? I'm still learning what's what in the XLR's. Does the material part(leather) look worn and would need recovering or is it still in really nice condition?

I am also interested in the door panels...do they too look "used" or worn or are they in good condition?

Also the shifter knob...is it Ebony or Shale in color? And how is it's condition?

Do you have the console assembly-Shale in color I believe? And what is the condition of the armrest or console lid cover?

Lastly and if you still have it, I am interested in the lower console trim plate around the shift knob and cup holders...are there any dings in the perforated metal surrounding the outer edge? It seems like a lot of these pieces in pictures I've seen of XLR's for sale have the outer trim surrounding the lower console plate have dings in them, not to mention the driver's door trim panel that matches the trim on both the lower and upper trim panels.

Appreciate any help in finding these parts.

Thanks, Sal

Last edited:
interior parts are available

I am very interested in the steering wheel. I am converting my finance's 04 XLR from black interior to Shale. I'm starting to locate parts for this project so this is why I inquiring about the steering wheel-need a few other parts too!
Do you still have the steering wheel, what color is the material part, Ebony or Shale? I'm still learning what's what in the XLR's. Does the material part(leather) look worn and would need recovering or is it still in really nice condition?

I am also interested in the door panels...do they too look "used" or worn or are they in good condition?

Also the shifter knob...is it Ebony or Shale in color? And how is it's condition?

Do you have the console assembly-Shale in color I believe? And what is the condition of the armrest or console lid cover?

Lastly and if you still have it, I am interested in the lower console trim plate around the shift knob and cup holders...are there any dings in the perforated metal surrounding the outer edge? It seems like a lot of these pieces in pictures I've seen of XLR's for sale have the outer trim surrounding the lower console plate have dings in them, not to mention the driver's door trim panel that matches the trim on both the lower and upper trim panels.

Thanks, Sal

I have a lot of the parts you are seeking. This car is silver with the shale interior. The car only had 40k on the speedo and the interior is in very nice condition. Some wear on the drivers seat but does not need recovered. The shift knob, steering wheel, and the panel that is under the shifter is gone. best thing you can do is call me and we can get together on the other things you may need

Dale Sale 205-365-7223

Distance Control Sensor

Do you still have the distance control sensor located behind the smoked plastic cover on the drivers side lower grill? It is a square box.

I have most of these parts

Thanks, Sal

I have a lot of the parts your looking for. the interior is shale and is in very nice condition. would be best of you call me at 205-365-7223. and we can discuss what all you would like for your car.

Dale

Distance Control Module

Looking for a distance control module GM#10349974. Do you still have it?

Distance Control Sensor #1

63634c4d05760fd4992365de4a748b42.png

CD storage latch

XLR cd storage release latch
I need the latch release mechanism that goes on the cd storage compartment between the seat backs.
Front is shaped like a keystone with left & right directional arrows push in push out action. No visible p/n. overall length is 1 5/8 push button in mode, 2 1/4 push button out mode. Prefer black but I'll settle for a cashmere.
Please view GM P/N 15208656. It is the small bolt shaped device shown in the top left corner of the drawing. GM only sells the complete storage compartment, I only need the latch or the complete cover. All years the same 2004 to 2009.
jmm63corv@hotmail.com
(412) 721-4400

04 XLR to be PARTED OUT

Hi All,
Good evening. Just a little on the damp side in Paradise. The same part was used on the Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky. May be easier to find.
Have a great day.
Fred

Is the hydraulic pump for trunk and top available, it is the pump that resides in the drivers side trunk compartment. It controls the trunk and top.

PUMP AND MODULE

Is the hydraulic pump for trunk and top available, it is the pump that resides in the drivers side trunk compartment. It controls the trunk and top.

Both of the modules (pump and roof ) in the left rear corner of the trunk are gone. sorry

Both of the modules (pump and roof ) in the left rear corner of the trunk are gone. sorry

Thanks for the speedy reply, mine is starting to show signs of failure. Thankfully its not a discontinued part, but it costs over $1000.00 on most GM discount parts sites.....I can imagine what the dealer will want.....:cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom