Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

I came across this note I posted here three years ago! I think it pretty much sums up the fact that the cars are secondary to the friendships made because of them. Chicago Dave has The Barbie Car now, and she's undergone a "change" but I know she/he? is loved and appreciated! Dave even bought her/us a brick at the museum!

Anyway, DD and I may come to Bowling Green with his Grand Sport. We don't need to be in any parades - just wanna see our friends!
Here's what I wrote back then and it's still true! I hope the new generation of XLR owners can have the experiences and appreciation of the 'soul' of the XLR we've had. :grouphug:

~Quinn

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana; color: #222222; -webkit-text-stroke: #222222}span.s1 {font-kerning: none; background-color: #ffffff}span.s2 {font-kerning: none}</style>
Returning from the Carmel show, THE BARBIE CAR hit 50,000 miles!!! We got our '07-V in 2008 with 3,000 miles on it. First thing we did was drive it from Wisconsin to Rendezvous III in Bowling Green, where we were introduced to the group that would take on the (well-deserved) name "Midwest Marauders." From that time on, every mile we've driven to join up with the group has been well worth it! Bowling Green; Madison IN; San Antonio; Colorado Springs; Outer Banks; ALMS & Cadillac races in Ohio, Florida, Georgia and Wisconsin; Spring Drives; Fall Drives; and just "let's meet up and party" [Bobfest, Cubby's, George's] Drives! The friendships that have come because of this car are precious and real - and seems like every time we get together, new and amazing folks join the crew.

I'm sad when I see XLRs with such low miles - their owners are missing soooo much fun. So, "Happy 50K, to The Barbie Car" - every mile has brought a smile! Thank you! Now, please continue to be trouble-free for another 50,000!

What did I miss: why do/did you call it The Barbie Car?

Great to hear you are going down Steve. I'll let you know when we are heading down and you can caravan down with us and Marc & Kris. We'll be coming right through Indy.

My Lady and I are planning on being at the Bowling Green for the great time.SP & KIKI:thumbsup:cool::wave:

What did I miss: why do/did you call it The Barbie Car?

My company sold some of our games to Mattel. I celebrated by buying myself the coolest car I could find! My youngest daughter, Julia, came with me on several of the MM's road trips and she just naturally became "Barbie"
2858_1094871904270_744824_n.jpg
Saw a Black Raven V on the road the other day (not The Barbie Car) and my heart skipped a beat. XLRs will always, always be the sexiest thing on the road.

:cool:

15 year reunion

How do I get information on the September 2018 reunion trip. I bought my 2004 XLR last fall and this is my first time with this group. :wave:

Victor-V & Beauty are tucked in for a practice load in the trailer Mike got (not just to use for BG either!). Originally it was just bare plywood, he painted it, wired up lights, installed a winch, & I don’t know what all else. We hope to take a lot of trips to car shows etc.

Hey would you happen to have room for 1 more. Would love to have mine brought up to the show but my mom who will be riding along with me. Can’t stay in the car for that long if time due to her back. She says it’s to uncomfortable for long distances. [emoji853]. So we will be taking her van (which I can’t drive because it’s not adapted for me) I have a left foot adaptive peddle in my x. (But it’s easily removable for when I take it in for service).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victor-V & Beauty are tucked in for a practice load in the trailer Mike got (not just to use for BG either!). Originally it was just bare plywood, he painted it, wired up lights, installed a winch, & I don’t know what all else. We hope to take a lot of trips to car shows etc.

Hey do you have room for 1 more in the trailer. Would love to bring mine up for the meet up but my mom doesn’t want to sit for that long. She has a bad back and also says that the car is uncomfortable for that long if a trip. So I’ll be riding in her van when we arrive at bowling green

Hey do you have room for 1 more in the trailer. Would love to bring mine up for the meet up but my mom doesn’t want to sit for that long. She has a bad back and also says that the car is uncomfortable for that long if a trip. So I’ll be riding in her van when we arrive at bowling green

Unfortunately it will be full this run! But, Mike has started an enclosed trailer auto transport business (Mid Atlantic Auto Transport LLC) so there’s always a chance in the future!

Sorry everyone! I've been a little absent from the site lately. I'm playing catch up!! Too many projects, Summer lawn stuff, new Grandson, etc, etc! Do you know, that we only have eight weeks till the meet? I'll try and answer some question now. Some of you have been asking where to send the money for the NCM tour. Read the itinerary doc, in the itinerary post, finished editing it 8/6/18. I'm going to pay a payment to NCM for this, then as we go into the NCM you pay me, (remember the riff raff statment? I guess I trust everyone!). I had one question asked, if anyone is going to be in BG on Monday the 24th. I remember making the statement that if you want to run on the NCM track, try and do it on the Monday, and set it up yourself. I didn't set anything up for the track for the group, because:1, how many would run, 2, the cost! That one, I was not going to pay ahead and then try and recoup the costs. And I don't know if anyone will be there Monday. I'd like to be there Monday to check on things, but I thing I got the new grandson's baptism Sunday in KC, KS.

So you all later!

Chad

Chad Email Me!

Chad, if you get a chance email me at jgregdevlin@gmail.com or call me at 321-223-3685 if you have any questions or concerns.

Sadly, I won't be able to do the Friday event at the NCM (I'll tell you the details when we meet on Tuesday) and since I don't do caves, i.e. massive claustrophobia, I'll probably visit the NCM on Wednesday 9/26. With all of that being said, I really look forward to meeting you and all the other XLR family members. I'll be there on Tuesday, and I'll go with the group on Thursday, but will have to head back to Florida after the "Makers Mark" event on Thursday. Whatever I owe you for anything that you may have already set up, I'll pay you when I see you, or if you give me a mailing address or a paypal request, I'll take care of it. Thanks! Greg (Tikiman100)

Sorry everyone! I've been a little absent from the site lately. I'm playing catch up!! Too many projects, Summer lawn stuff, new Grandson, etc, etc! Do you know, that we only have eight weeks till the meet? I'll try and answer some question now. Some of you have been asking where to send the money for the NCM tour. Read the itinerary doc, in the itinerary post, finished editing it 8/6/18. I'm going to pay a payment to NCM for this, then as we go into the NCM you pay me, (remember the riff raff statment? I guess I trust everyone!). I had one question asked, if anyone is going to be in BG on Monday the 24th. I remember making the statement that if you want to run on the NCM track, try and do it on the Monday, and set it up yourself. I didn't set anything up for the track for the group, because:1, how many would run, 2, the cost! That one, I was not going to pay ahead and then try and recoup the costs. And I don't know if anyone will be there Monday. I'd like to be there Monday to check on things, but I thing I got the new grandson's baptism Sunday in KC, KS.

So you all later!

Chad

So you all later!

Chad

Congrats on the new Grandson: in the long term scheme of things: grandkids are EVERYTHING that matters! So toss the XLR stuff and live in the present! We will see you in September, for me that will be Wednesday as I have a ‘Chili Fest’ commitments and can not head in that direction until Wednesday morning. Thanks for all you do,

I've got the info for the Sunday Corvette Club car show. Register at: Bowling Green Assembly Corvette Club - Home I've also updated the itinerary docx in the itinerary thread section. As stated in the itinerary, if we get ten cars in the show, we'll have our own class section in the show. So, you could win a trophy! (if we get ten cars at least).

Thank you Dave Chrisley of the BGA Corvette club!!!! Everyone, if you meet Dave, give him a BIG thank you!!!

Chad

I've got the info for the Sunday Corvette Club car show. Register at: Bowling Green Assembly Corvette Club - Home I've also updated the itinerary docx in the itinerary thread section. As stated in the itinerary, if we get ten cars in the show, we'll have our own class section in the show. So, you could win a trophy! (if we get ten cars at least).

Thank you Dave Chrisley of the BGA Corvette club!!!! Everyone, if you meet Dave, give him a BIG thank you!!!

Chad

I just registered my car for the show. :burnout:

Last day of the 15th Homecoming

XLR owners, don't forget to register for the BGACC car show. It is a great event in the parking lot of the Corvette Assembly Plant and they put this on to raise funds for charity. Dave Chrisley said there is only one XLR registered so far. Go to the link Chad has in this thread on sign up for the car show, it's only $20 and goes to charity!!

Thanks for the reminder

You've got it Cubby! :beerchug:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry