Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

We finally got some sunshine today, went to the NCM, RC Accessories (they make billet wheels for motorcycles & cars “from scratch” & we got to see how), & to a dairy farm where we did not get to see how cows are made (whew!) but did see a robotic cow milking machine. Better still got some delicious ice cream! Chad has done a GREAT job handling his first round draft pick status & putting this together. Thank you Chad!

Below are some pics of our 17 car fleet at the NCM. The pics in front were staged by a photographer who will have them for sale at the car show tomorrow (no competition compared to Photo Girl though!). Also, the NCM is really pushing to have a XLR donated because they want to create an exhibit to tell the story of the XLR before that history disappears. Unfortunately our crowd loved their cars too much to offer one up, but it’s exciting that one day there may be a XLR exhibit as part of the NCM.

Attachments

• 7322FC4B-3E58-41C0-AA1E-9759026663FE.jpg
    7322FC4B-3E58-41C0-AA1E-9759026663FE.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 298
  • B65C2353-C579-41DD-9CFC-5CB2EA53DFA2.jpg
    B65C2353-C579-41DD-9CFC-5CB2EA53DFA2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 290
  • EB7B2CF7-A704-48BB-8D04-E70229A2744E.jpg
    EB7B2CF7-A704-48BB-8D04-E70229A2744E.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 277
Here at BG. We have two orders of hats/shirts to pass out, yet.

Padgett Peterson
Ted Marci

Are you folks attending here in BG? If you aren’t going to attend today let me know. You will have to call and arrange shipping.
PM me and let me know.
Tim Powers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shirts

Here at BG. We have two orders of hats/shirts to pass out, yet.

Padgett Peterson
Ted Marci

Are you folks attending here in BG? If you aren’t going to attend today let me know. You will have to call and arrange shipping.
PM me and let me know.
Tim Powers

Just PM'd you. I will be there Saturday morning. Ted Macri

Just looking over some pics from today’s gathering. Some of us have faded away through time
d5804f8ae0c47a313424ed376e145d02.jpg

I just sent a email to Becky about this concern. So we probably will ask at the show too.

Had a great time and too bad I had to catch a flight on Friday to SUNNY California. Do we bill Chad for the poor weather:lol:. Great job Chad even though Rogene did most of the work. Work on the weather Chad when you host the 20th anniversary. Loved seeing all those XLRs.

Here’s just a few pictures from today’s at show
ce08c3502baf9220bf3ec71dc484045f.jpg
5e09a52b6399eef49f79ea54c0fcaaaf.jpg
d912eba439057b0b1b38605c6be3b28a.jpg
0f5947aacfda003f6edec79edfa84112.jpg
99617c644ca35a41e92afb5ae42b30ca.jpg
0dc9ec4dd7b22fbbcdc2e92fa746c495.jpg
34cd53518667c2782cfd771c29faf53c.jpg
eb6528f50408ae34437abcf681da1fa5.jpg
d3b215cdc3339bf542806a94d9318d3a.jpg
193401e1071208d32d6e9b3ee474fdad.jpg

Last edited:
BG Corvette Plant Car Show

I think we had one more show up later for a total of 14 beauties. Had a beautiful day and had a great time!
6a93d064-37e0-4293-81e8-bdd008a09c48

I wish I was there with all XLR Group! I have a cracked wheel rim, keeping me off road until I get it welded. Anyone have this done?

Had a great time!

Well it’s back to the real world in the morning :rolleyes: Had a terrific time: the activities, the restaurants, but especially the people! This was our first gathering and loved it. Thank you Chad & Rogene for setting this in motion. You did a great job. Hope we see all our new friends again some day soon.
Doug & Kathleen

Well I said my thank you to most of the gang today at the restaurant. But for everyone else that either had to leave or didn’t attend. This was a great event. I just hope I can make it again to the next one and I just hope that I still have my xlr. Was great to put faces with these great car ppl finally. I have several great memories and will bring back ideas that Amy, Dan and some others have shown me. So now I just have to put these ideas in place.
Again thank you all for a great 15 year reunion

Cool Sandy! Please bring me two, one of each color. Great birthday gift to my motorhead girlfriend! BTW, this is Elise not Nils. LOL If he wants one for his girlfriend he can buy it himself!

Well NOW I see this post.... I was just too busy to follow stuff being posted on site. I should have suggested a PM: that way I get an email. No harm, I brought some anyway!

Back In Colorado : )

Hi All,

What an absolute BLAST this was! :) Chad, KUDOS! You did a GREAT JOB! ;) --- We rolled in at 5:00 P.M. today Mountain Time, Monday October 1st. Nice weather all the way, and no snow until next week according to the forecast. Left Sunday A.M. early and stayed overnight in Kansas City Kansas last night (Sept 30th). After filling Goldie with non ethanol gas several times, the check engine light finally went off in KC. As you are aware, it was running way too lean. The Techs that checked it out in Bowling Green said that I had exacerbated the 10% Ethanol alcohol content by running too much fuel injection cleaner. Oops. :rolleyes: Anyhow, no harm apparently done, and no detonation during the lean run period of time. So all is OK.

So nice to meet everyone in person and be able to put names and faces with the on-line user names! Great time and good friends is what it's all about. Thanks for including us.

God Bless, Charles and Shirley

Thought we'd report in here! Rogene and I made it home about 2'ish Monday. I think we were the first there (BG), Monday about 1 PM. And I think we were the last to leave, even Mike & Amy pulled out with their rig before we left! Guess what!! Came home to RAIN!!! Can't shake this weather! I hope everyone had a good time!! We sure had a GREAT time! I know I missed some texts, phone calls, e-mails, but the wife and I are not very good cell phone people. I hope anyone that had to leave for unexpected reasons are doing better!! As for the new people, I hope you enjoyed it also! It seems that the events that I planned went off pretty good and I hope everyone enjoyed them! I was really surprised at how many people stuck around for the pizza night, WOW!! But it was a LOT of fun that night, (BIG thanks to Diamond Dave!!). Thanks to everyone for showing up!!

Until next time, whenever, wherever....
Chad

Hi All,

What an absolute BLAST this was! :) Chad, KUDOS! You did a GREAT JOB! ;) --- We rolled in at 5:00 P.M. today Mountain Time, Monday October 1st. Nice weather all the way, and no snow until next week according to the forecast. Left Sunday A.M. early and stayed overnight in Kansas City Kansas last night (Sept 30th). After filling Goldie with non ethanol gas several times, the check engine light finally went off in KC. As you are aware, it was running way too lean. The Techs that checked it out in Bowling Green said that I had exacerbated the 10% Ethanol alcohol content by running too much fuel injection cleaner. Oops. :rolleyes: Anyhow, no harm apparently done, and no detonation during the lean run period of time. So all is OK.

So nice to meet everyone in person and be able to put names and faces with the on-line user names! Great time and good friends is what it's all about. Thanks for including us.

God Bless, Charles and Shirley

It was great meeting you both as well: everyone in the group are nice, down-to-earth folks and we are fortunate to have the XLR to bring us together. I did not get to truly meet everyone but hopefully the next gathering will correct that. Although we all love our XLR's: at the end of the day it is not the car but the people you meet and it is great that the friendships carry on even if the X moves on to a new owner. For anyone reading this that did not attend, I hope you make it a mission to do just that at the next gathering!

Chuck: I hope you keep that car uncovered so you get it out more often - at least until the snow flies ... and Shirley - it is time for you to take it for a nice 'easy' drive around the block so you will discover the amazing feeling of driving one of these awesome cars. You can save the smoking burnout for next summer!
:burnout: Hugs to you both.

Sandy

Made it home safely yesterday afternoon then this happens in our driveway. Wendy’s car smashes into Roxy..... I can not tell a lie, but I promised I can’t tell the whole story as to what really happened at this time, but it was NOT Wendy driving! At least no one was hurt... an car damage was mostly passengers side on Roxy. After my complete inspection the left light and fog light does not seem to be damaged in anyway at all and they both light up! ....... that was a blessing alone right there, since they are very hard to replace, as for the bumper and passenger fender not so good. Plan on having the whole car painted if it don’t match perfectly to my satisfaction. I was upset but kept my cool as we all know $HIT HAPPENS!!!!
07cc290040716e2c3c3e18838299804a.jpg
e8aa333e17ed72fc68eee055d3a2ecf5.jpg
597db87c86d203c494191d96b0be0d2e.jpg
be0bb56c4f8237bf7a45706cf63b3280.jpg

Last edited:
Thought we'd report in here! Rogene and I made it home about 2'ish Monday. I think we were the first there (BG), Monday about 1 PM. And I think we were the last to leave, even Mike & Amy pulled out with their rig before we left! Guess what!! Came home to RAIN!!! Can't shake this weather! I hope everyone had a good time!! We sure had a GREAT time! I know I missed some texts, phone calls, e-mails, but the wife and I are not very good cell phone people. I hope anyone that had to leave for unexpected reasons are doing better!! As for the new people, I hope you enjoyed it also! It seems that the events that I planned went off pretty good and I hope everyone enjoyed them! I was really surprised at how many people stuck around for the pizza night, WOW!! But it was a LOT of fun that night, (BIG thanks to Diamond Dave!!). Thanks to everyone for showing up!!

Until next time, whenever, wherever....
Chad

You did a fabulous job organizing this event: not to mention that you do not live anywhere near there to boot. On behalf of all of those in attendance: thank you for your efforts! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:... not sure if there are enough Group Hugs there for all of us but there is certainly is a big one from me! Pizza Night was the best as we all got to know each other a bit more: here is to wonderful (some new) friends and YES, thank you to Diamond Dave for sharing his talent!

Made it home safely yesterday afternoon then this happens in our driveway. Wendy’s car smashes into Roxy..... I can not tell a lie, but I promised I can’t tell the whole story as to what really happened at this time, but it was NOT Wendy driving! At least no one was hurt... an car damage was mostly passengers side on Roxy. After my complete inspection the left light and fog light does not seem to be damaged in anyway at all and they both light up! ....... that was a blessing alone right there, since they are hey very hard to replace, as for the bumper and passenger fender not so good. Plan on having the whole car painted if it don’t match perfectly to my satisfaction. I was upset but kept my cool as we all know $HIT HAPPENS!!!!

Wow, so sad but at least no one was hurt. Poor Roxy. Hope they can find the parts quickly and get her back on the road before spring. Meanwhile, you can duct tape it and drive it! :gap:

Hugs Back To You! : )

It was great meeting you both as well: everyone in the group are nice, down-to-earth folks and we are fortunate to have the XLR to bring us together. I did not get to truly meet everyone but hopefully the next gathering will correct that. Although we all love our XLR's: at the end of the day it is not the car but the people you meet and it is great that the friendships carry on even if the X moves on to a new owner. For anyone reading this that did not attend, I hope you make it a mission to do just that at the next gathering!

Chuck: I hope you keep that car uncovered so you get it out more often - at least until the snow flies ... and Shirley - it is time for you to take it for a nice 'easy' drive around the block so you will discover the amazing feeling of driving one of these awesome cars. You can save the smoking burnout for next summer!
:burnout: Hugs to you both.

Sandy

We feel the same about you guys. Thank you. Hope you have a wonderful time in Florida and a safe trip back home.
Best, Charles and Shirley

I am so sorry for you in this.

Made it home safely yesterday afternoon then this happens in our driveway. Wendy’s car smashes into Roxy..... I can not tell a lie, but I promised I can’t tell the whole story as to what really happened at this time, but it was NOT Wendy driving! At least no one was hurt... an car damage was mostly passengers side on Roxy. After my complete inspection the left light and fog light does not seem to be damaged in anyway at all and they both light up! ....... that was a blessing alone right there, since they are very hard to replace, as for the bumper and passenger fender not so good. Plan on having the whole car painted if it don’t match perfectly to my satisfaction. I was upset but kept my cool as we all know $HIT HAPPENS!!!!

OUCH. Dear Dan and Wendy, was soo nice to meet you both as well as so many other really special people. So sorry that this happened!
Charles and Shirley

Feel for you Grand Daddy! I had my unfortunate dinger last Fall & had to have my Drivers side front end repaired, including my headlight - looks like you were lucky on the latter! Those lights are rare & expensive - thanks to help of MickyTee I was able to get a replacement. Good luck on your repair journey!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back