Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

Mammoth Cave Drives

Looks like there are some roads thru Mammoth Cave park that might be nice scenic drives. Anyone from or living in middle Kentucky who could put us onto some really great 'top-down-enjoy-the-scenery' roads?
Certainly hope this happens. I mentioned it to the wife, and she's all in. Let's DO IT!

Chatted with jrob. She was a xlr owner and attended the 10 year event. She mentioned going through the Nolen Lake State Park too. She is familiar with the Kentucky Nashville area. Will try and get more ideas if she has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 2013 we had a 10 year anniversary plant homecoming meet, that was a blast! Caddy started making our cars in 2003 for model year 2004, that's why we had the meet in 2003. How about we start planning a 15 year anniversary plant homecoming for 2018 now? The wifey and I are really missing our annual little car trips. I know that the last few XLR trips we had, we were REALLY spoiled by everything being planned out (THANKS Dave, Amy & Mike, and Bruce & Kathy for all the work you guys have done!! It was great!). Maybe for this meet we won't need someone to plan it all out. We just need a hotel deal, where we could all stay (like all our other BG trips). A tour of the plant. Heck..... Maybe if we time this meet the right time of the year, GM could preview their 2019 Vette to us, (Mid engine maybe?? HMMM.) Maybe a place where we could have a Meet & Greet Supper. One meal out at the state park, (what's the name of that place? I forgot.) What does everyone think??

Chad & Rogene

hi Chad! Any chance you can make this a sticky and really get the ball rolling on this? There's a bunch of us already committing to this ... I talked to LinSue today and she said to count her and Butch in ... since there is so many of the original owners that have remained friends since Rendezvous 1 , would you be opposed to extending an invite out to anyone willing to make the drive no matter what they drive now and making it a reunion as well as a homecoming? Would love to see XLR Ken ... Galen .... Professor .. so many! I'm sure many still check the forum once in awhile. I agree, I don't think this needs to be highly organized as we have done it all! All we need is a hotel and a bar ... lol. Your thoughts?

The 10th reunion was our 1st outing with the group. We had a blast and have great memories. We are in!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Messaged will Cooksey and he said if it's a xlr event he will be there.

I've messaged some xlr owners via Facebook about this event. Don't think they are members of this site though.

hi Chad! Any chance you can make this a sticky and really get the ball rolling on this? There's a bunch of us already committing to this ... I talked to LinSue today and she said to count her and Butch in ... since there is so many of the original owners that have remained friends since Rendezvous 1 , would you be opposed to extending an invite out to anyone willing to make the drive no matter what they drive now and making it a reunion as well as a homecoming? Would love to see XLR Ken ... Galen .... Professor .. so many! I'm sure many still check the forum once in awhile. I agree, I don't think this needs to be highly organized as we have done it all! All we need is a hotel and a bar ... lol. Your thoughts?
Well put RA. Miss you guys.

OH MAN!!! i'm feeling the pressure now!! :laugh:I called the hotel, but they don't set up any room blocks for more than a year out. Well,,,, we got to set up a date in September too. If we want to do the BGACC show, I'll have to ask Dave Chrisley & group if it's OK, (as a lot of you people know, some vette people don't like us XLR people), it's the last week end in September. What date does everyone want? I don't know how much sight seeing, and/or dinning I can set up (depends how long we want to have this event), and I'm 700 miles away from BG. Rob!!!! If you're reading this, please make it a sticky like RA says. I'll try my best to get this going! Be easy on me!! This is my first time!!

Chad

Messaged will Cooksey and he said if it's a xlr event he will be there.

Well that's just cool!!! Any chance you can have him E-mail me and we can set up some kind of a tour/event at the plant? (Like unveiling the 2019 mid-engine vette??? wish, wish, wish)

Chad

Well that's just cool!!! Any chance you can have him E-mail me and we can set up some kind of a tour/event at the plant? (Like unveiling the 2019 mid-engine vette??? wish, wish, wish)

Chad

Sent u a pm

15 year BG plant homecoming in 2018? Maybe??

OH MAN!!! i'm feeling the pressure now!! :laugh:I called the hotel, but they don't set up any room blocks for more than a year out. Well,,,, we got to set up a date in September too. If we want to do the BGACC show, I'll have to ask Dave Chrisley & group if it's OK, (as a lot of you people know, some vette people don't like us XLR people), it's the last week end in September. What date does everyone want? I don't know how much sight seeing, and/or dinning I can set up (depends how long we want to have this event), and I'm 700 miles away from BG. Rob!!!! If you're reading this, please make it a sticky like RA says. I'll try my best to get this going! Be easy on me!! This is my first time!!

Chad

Yes I too am 700 miles away but in the opposite direction or longer, (North Florida). Depending on traffic and road conditions. I'm thinking at least 1 welcome lunch/dinner and maybe a farewell dinner. The last time I was up at the museum was way back when I was in grade school. So a lot has changed I'm guessing. It would be nice to have maybe at least 5 days (guessing). Idk, what was the timeframe you all spend for the 10 yr? I'm game for either the 2nd to last week or the last week of sept. My mom will be joining me because she wants to go down to Graceland (Memphis) after the event. So mom and I will be combining this event with her Graceland vacation.

15 year BG plant homecoming in 2018? Maybe??

In 2013 Homecoming I believe it was 4 days Thursday afternoon arrival evening meet n greet dinner at the Montana Grill
61856fd237abb4fc81b379f615427ab5.png
It is behind Hilton Garden Inn it was a short walk. Then Sunday morning was leaving day breakfast with group was at the hotel restaurant! As with all the gatherings anybody can go with the group or not it's totally up to you whatever you want to do and go where ever you want to go! I'll be searching some restaurant in the area that handle large group!

Chad

This is now a sticky I message Rob, he sent me back a message he's taken care of it!

In 2013 Homecoming I believe it was 4 days Thursday afternoon arrival evening meet n greet dinner at the Montana Grill
61856fd237abb4fc81b379f615427ab5.png
It is behind Hilton Garden Inn it was a short walk. Then Sunday morning was leaving day breakfast with group was at the hotel restaurant! As with all the gatherings anybody can go with the group or not it's totally up to you whatever you want to do and go where ever you want to go! I'll be searching some restaurant in the area that handle large group!

Thanks for the quick response and for adding the map too.

15th year activity

One thing I thought we might do during the 15th reunion, Mammoth cave tour. Here's the web site:

Fall 2017 - Mammoth Cave National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

The tours are anywhere from 1/2 hour to 6 hour, no steps to hundreds on steps, easy to very strenuous. This also has the 2017 prices (did you get your park pass like I said in a earlier post?) OK, group.... Here's the list, pick a tour! I'll have to call them about 2018 schedule, and maybe group tours.

Chad

I personally have trouble with steps. Especially if there is any moisture on the ground. So I would be open for less strenuous. I have a disabled park pass already. On the Mammoth cave tour what's with the steep hillside to entrance, That they list? That is my concern is how steep is it when they say easy tour?

One thing I thought we might do during the 15th reunion, Mammoth cave tour. Here's the web site:

Fall 2017 - Mammoth Cave National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

The tours are anywhere from 1/2 hour to 6 hour, no steps to hundreds on steps, easy to very strenuous. This also has the 2017 prices (did you get your park pass like I said in a earlier post?) OK, group.... Here's the list, pick a tour! I'll have to call them about 2018 schedule, and maybe group tours.

Chad

Just a thought we may want to do more then just one tour. My wife said sounds like fun, but because of 2" screw in her foot from surgery a few years ago she can walk just fine but steps not so well or fast, she does one step at a time!

Just a thought we may want to do more then just one tour. My wife said sounds like fun, but because of 2" screw in her foot from surgery a few years ago she can walk just fine but steps not so well or fast, she does one step at a time!

I was reading the mammoth cave tour before I saw this accessible tour

Accessibility tour in Cleaveland Avenue
Accessibility tour in Cleaveland Avenue
Mammoth Cave Accessible Tour

See unique gypsum formations, historic cave writing and more on accessible cave trails. Using the elevator entrance, this ½ mile round trip provides visitors with special needs an opportunity to visit the Snowball Room and includes portions of the Cleaveland Avenue Tour and Grand Avenue Tour. Wheelchairs, scooters and other assistive devices are allowed. Accessible restrooms are available in the Snowball Room.

Please note that no transportation or mobility assistive devices, such as wheelchairs, walkers or canes are available. NPS employees will not transport or assist visitors or visitor equipment. If visitors need assistance with the Park's accessible features, they must bring a companion with them for aid.

Participants and their companions meet at the Visitor Center for a caravan to the elevator entrance. Assistive devices will need to be decontaminated upon exiting the cave to limit the spread of White Nose Syndrome.

Notice: Due to only having one elevator, this tour could be cancelled on short notice for elevator maintenance/repair.

Duration: 2 hours
Distance: 1/2 mile maximum
Total Stairs: No stairs
Difficulty: Easy - Accessible
Tour Capacity: 14
Price: $20 Adults, $14 Youth, $10 Special Access
Tour Times: 10:30, 1:30
Want to make a reservation? Click here

I think this would be a good one Dan. Not only for you and your wife but for my mom and I too.

I'm in!

Count me and Cindy in (and Devin, I'm sure). 2018 is a long ways away, but with enough notice, I might be able to swing it. I had to cut the 10th Reunion short, due to being the end of Sept (quarter end at work - very busy). My only drawback will be my health by then... But God willing, I will be there with both XLRs. No walking cave tours for me though.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom