Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

Count me and Cindy in (and Devin, I'm sure). 2018 is a long ways away, but with enough notice, I might be able to swing it. I had to cut the 10th Reunion short, due to being the end of Sept (quarter end at work - very busy). My only drawback will be my health by then... But God willing, I will be there with both XLRs. No walking cave tours for me though.

Thoughts 100% with you guys that all will go well so you can be there! :thumbsup

We're in.... (Can't wait)

Yessss.... Can't wait. I really hate I can't be at this year's Artomobilia but I will definitely be in Bowling Green next year and wifey's (LaDonna) coming with. Usually she has to work but she says I have too much fun and she's not missing another XLR event. She can't wait to meet the crew....lol.

Really hope we have nice numbers in attendance too.

Last edited:
No walking tours

Count me and Cindy in (and Devin, I'm sure). My only drawback will be my health by then... But God willing, I will be there with both XLRs. No walking cave tours for me though.

I'll have to concur with you on this. I'm VERY interested in the gathering, but can't do any walking tours. I can walk, just not very much, and not for long. And certainly not anything that requires climbing stairs or inclines. I'm not from that area, so can't recommend what types of activities to pursue. There must be some beautiful areas of KY or TN that we could tour together with occasional stops for historical places.

I'll have to concur with you on this. I'm VERY interested in the gathering, but can't do any walking tours. I can walk, just not very much, and not for long. And certainly not anything that requires climbing stairs or inclines. I'm not from that area, so can't recommend what types of activities to pursue. There must be some beautiful areas of KY or TN that we could tour together with occasional stops for historical places.

Found this for a thought doug

Accessibility tour in Cleaveland Avenue
Accessibility tour in Cleaveland Avenue
Mammoth Cave Accessible Tour

See unique gypsum formations, historic cave writing and more on accessible cave trails. Using the elevator entrance, this ½ mile round trip provides visitors with special needs an opportunity to visit the Snowball Room and includes portions of the Cleaveland Avenue Tour and Grand Avenue Tour. Wheelchairs, scooters and other assistive devices are allowed. Accessible restrooms are available in the Snowball Room.

Please note that no transportation or mobility assistive devices, such as wheelchairs, walkers or canes are available. NPS employees will not transport or assist visitors or visitor equipment. If visitors need assistance with the Park's accessible features, they must bring a companion with them for aid.

Participants and their companions meet at the Visitor Center for a caravan to the elevator entrance. Assistive devices will need to be decontaminated upon exiting the cave to limit the spread of White Nose Syndrome.

Notice: Due to only having one elevator, this tour could be cancelled on short notice for elevator maintenance/repair.

Duration: 2 hours
Distance: 1/2 mile maximum
Total Stairs: No stairs
Difficulty: Easy - Accessible
Tour Capacity: 14
Price: $20 Adults, $14 Youth, $10 Special Access
Tour Times: 10:30, 1:30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a lot of fun. I was there in 08 for the rendevous

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Count me and Cindy in (and Devin, I'm sure). 2018 is a long ways away, but with enough notice, I might be able to swing it. I had to cut the 10th Reunion short, due to being the end of Sept (quarter end at work - very busy). My only drawback will be my health by then... But God willing, I will be there with both XLRs. No walking cave tours for me though.
No walking tours for us either ... lol ... but we do really well in restaurants and bars 😳🍷 it will be good to see you guys again ... I've never met Cindy ...

15 year BG plant homecoming in 2018? Maybe??

Well my mom and I were discussing this trip. She heard on Elvis radio say Graceland is about 650 miles (aprox) from my location. But the thing is she doesn't think the xlr is comfortable enough for her. Because she has some back issues. She said with the bowling green even and her wanting to combine Graceland trip, she thinks we'll be gone for 2 weeks.
d1aa7f3046869cf8ac05828fd9dd561a.jpg
I told her I have 4 of these bags, they have a telescopic handle and wheels. I've test fitted 2 of these in the trunk with the top down. They fit perfectly and we could still drive with the top down. She however doesn't think this will be enough room for 2 wks of clothes and stuff she needs to bring. So my next hope is driving top up with 2 of these bags then when we get to bowling green dump these in the room and drop the top for the event weekend or days we will have the event.
Then pack up the suitcases and head down to Graceland after the event.

91ebb5c846cfee2b775acd266bea0604.jpg

The only thing is if it's nice weather I rather have the top down instead of up because of a trunk full of suitcases
This is the time I wish I had a extra xlr trunk with wheelbase. Then I could do like the one allante president did and travel top down and also bring luggage without compromising the main trunk
0a0e0dfdd2c7cbe5cdd2219b2ce1d705.jpg

That's what we always have to do when long distance tripping. We load the trunk then unload at the hotels..... personally don't think I'd want to run highways speeds Topless for a 10 -12 hour road trip anyways....... especially on hot n sunny days!

I also find highway speeds for long distances to be uncomfortable. So top up for long hi speeds, love the top down otherwise. Something I have thought about but never tried is to pack cloths flat in a garment bag and put behind the seat. Anyone tried this by any chance?

I also find highway speeds for long distances to be uncomfortable. So top up for long hi speeds, love the top down otherwise. Something I have thought about but never tried is to pack cloths flat in a garment bag and put behind the seat. Anyone tried this by any chance?

That's something to [emoji189] of. Those vacuum sealed garment bags[emoji848]. A

I do know if the clothing is not stiff enough it falls to bottom on the floor also drivers side for me I need to have the seat all the back to not be cramped forward when driving

OK, everyone!! Rogene and I are going to go to Bowling Green to do some eats places scouting and go to the Assembly plant Vette club show, to see if they'll let us XLR's in it next year. Also want to stop at the plant and see if they'll do a special tour for us. I got an E-mail in to the Media officer to see if they can do anything for us, but I haven't heard back. (Anybody have any connections at the plant?). I thought (or would like too) do the plant tour on Friday and go to the car show Saturday.

As far as eat's places go, one night will be at the Montana Grill, it's right behind the hotel (hotels by the convention center), easy to get to. At one of our meets, years ago, we had a "pizza night", it was a blast. We stay at the hotel, maybe they'd let us use a meeting room, and we just have pizzas delivered, everybody just pitch in for the pizzas, and BYOB. That's two nights, now I'm stuck can't think of any other places to eat at.

Someone has said let's go to a distillery. The one I found was Maker's Mark, up close to Elizabethtown, It would be about a 1 1/2 hour drive from BG. They also do a tour / drinks / dinner on Fridays and Saturdays only, but it's $75 a head. I guess we could just only do the tour. Also, online, I found that in Bardstown they have a scenic railroad dinner train. But again, it's 1 1/2 hours away and is about $60-$70 a head, and only Friday or Saturday night again. One thing for sure! I am planning on a trip to Mammoth Cave Park, (hope you all got your park pass like I said earlier).

So for right now, what I'm thinking, Thursday to the cave, Friday (hopefully) tour the plant (can we see a mid engine Caddy?), and Saturday (if they'll let us) the plant club car show.

I'm open to more ideas!! Need something to do earlier in the week (?). How long of a stay do we want in BG?

Be kind to me!!! This is the first time I've ever done anything like this! I'm not a tour guide that's for sure! And I'm 600 miles away!

Chad

15 year BG plant homecoming in 2018? Maybe??

OK, everyone!! Rogene and I are going to go to Bowling Green to do some eats places scouting and go to the Assembly plant Vette club show, to see if they'll let us XLR's in it next year. Also want to stop at the plant and see if they'll do a special tour for us. I got an E-mail in to the Media officer to see if they can do anything for us, but I haven't heard back. (Anybody have any connections at the plant?). I thought (or would like too) do the plant tour on Friday and go to the car show Saturday.

As far as eat's places go, one night will be at the Montana Grill, it's right behind the hotel (hotels by the convention center), easy to get to. At one of our meets, years ago, we had a "pizza night", it was a blast. We stay at the hotel, maybe they'd let us use a meeting room, and we just have pizzas delivered, everybody just pitch in for the pizzas, and BYOB. That's two nights, now I'm stuck can't think of any other places to eat at.

Someone has said let's go to a distillery. The one I found was Maker's Mark, up close to Elizabethtown, It would be about a 1 1/2 hour drive from BG. They also do a tour / drinks / dinner on Fridays and Saturdays only, but it's $75 a head. I guess we could just only do the tour. Also, online, I found that in Bardstown they have a scenic railroad dinner train. But again, it's 1 1/2 hours away and is about $60-$70 a head, and only Friday or Saturday night again. One thing for sure! I am planning on a trip to Mammoth Cave Park, (hope you all got your park pass like I said earlier).

So for right now, what I'm thinking, Thursday to the cave, Friday (hopefully) tour the plant (can we see a mid engine Caddy?), and Saturday (if they'll let us) the plant club car show.

I'm open to more ideas!! Need something to do earlier in the week (?). How long of a stay do we want in BG?

Be kind to me!!! This is the first time I've ever done anything like this! I'm not a tour guide that's for sure! And I'm 600 miles away!

Chad

Get a hold of will Cooksey he has connections will BG

Will is on FaceBook as Wilmer Cooksey Jr. You can message him there.

Chad

Start like Wed./Thursday depart Sunday
Check out This Restaurant says has banquet facilities, car parking maybe an issue, but there always Taxis, van transport service, Uber Ect.....
440 Main Restaurant & Bar American
Just 2 miles from your Bowling Green, KY hotel, enjoy the view of Fountain Square Park as you indulge in the delicious food at 440 Main, proud recipient of the Kentucky Blue Plate Award for “Best Independent Fine Dining Restaurant”.

Open for lunch and dinnerPhone: +1-270-793-0450

Will is on FaceBook as Wilmer Cooksey Jr. You can message him there.

I guess I was typing fast and my brain wasn't thinking straight through and forgot to add his full name

No big deal Guy! Just thought I mentioned to make it easier to contact! A lot of us meant this big tall man at the last event.... even had him sign the motor cover and the XLR book I bought! [emoji6]

No big deal Guy! Just thought I mentioned to make it easier to contact! A lot of us meant this big tall man at the last event.... even had him sign the motor cover and the XLR book I bought! [emoji6]

Yep looking forward to meeting him and having him sign mine if he can.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back