Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Artomobilia 2012 Carmel, IN- August 25

Thanks to Bruce for all you are doing for us XLR folks at this show!!

It does seem to me that if those pilots can find there way around in the sky with no visible landmarks they should be able to figure it out on the ground. Maybe you could paint arrows on the tarmac? :)

We keep the crowd away from planes when they move. For example we have a couple of medic-evac helicopters that come in for display. They are always on call so if they have to go, we clear the area. No smoking on the ramp. We help people that need assistance, answer questions, etc.

We had to give up the pyro this year because of the dry conditions. Plan was to have the bombs go off, then use spray planes to douse the fire. It is just too dry.

Of course the airshow is over at 3pm....

Bob

What a Great and Gracious group of people!
I have never felt so welcomed or had such a great time. I arrived to a group of complete strangers and left with a group of Fabulous NEW-
fun friends.
I look forward to the next XLR reunion.
Thank You all for a fantastic day.
Hugs~
Lana

I have never felt so welcomed or had such a great time. I arrived to a group of complete strangers and left with a group of Fabulous NEW-
fun friends.
Hugs~
Lana

Good to meet you too. Working on download some pics now and hope to upload some soon.

fun friends.
Hugs~
Lana

Lana,
it was so nice to meet you today. I'm so glad that you made the trek down to Carmel to meet us and to realize that owning an XLR not only fulfills a dream come true of owning the most amazing car; but that being part of this forum has brought to you, an abundance of new friends that take care of one another. I never would have imagined, in a million years, the kinds of friendships that I have found in this group of people. WELCOME to the XLR group and many, many happy miles with us. Looking forward to seeing you at our next event/get-together. Remember, if you have any questions, while getting to know your car, don't hesitate to ask any of us "XLR Geeks" :lol:.

Take care.

Lana,
The next event is only 2 1/2 hr drive and 3 weeks away!

Bob

Awesome Day!!!

What a GREAT DAY spent with GREAT FRIENDS. Thanks to all 14 of you that came to Carmel, giving up your weekend, to make this show so much fun! It took 2 yrs. to get the XLRs into this show & just 5 hrs. to get us asked not to come back. :lol::lol: I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. It was great to meet Lana, she really fit in well & hopefully will be joining us @ other events/get togethers. We had the largest car corral @ the show & I know we had the most fun. Congrats to Gizmo for winning the "People's Choice" award, you deserved it. You, Marc & Cubby sure worked hard for every vote (including giving a beer or CR shots for each vote for #8 :lol:). Thanks again guys it has been a VERY busy August. :wave:

It was a great weekend! Old friends, new friends, good times. I got to meet some new (to me) folks that were great to hang out with, too. From what I could tell PJ and the Birthday girls had a blast.

Sorry I left early from dinner, my other dinner had just as many attendees (aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews) and then they kidnapped PJ for the rest of the night. I should have come over to the hotel for the afterparty, I ended up teaching a couple nieces and nephews how to do research on the net.

Bruce the People's Choice Award was a great idea (and I'm not just saying that because I won). That was the most fun and entertaining part of the day - watching Cubby and Mark coming up with new ideas to grab votes.:laugh::laugh: It even entertained the passers-by. Two of the guys that took beers looked eerily similar to the motorcycle guys that joined us at Mid-Ohio last year.:chuckle

I have decided that I will create a certificate of appreciation to go with the plaque (after I turn the car around and polish it to a high gloss) for Schooley. Of all the group this year, he exemplifies the spirit of displaying these cars for others to appreciate, even if he can't be there. His car is going to have more miles on it by Kathy than him! Way to go Steve! I hope it will be ready for BobFest. See y'all then.

Posted on the net by an unknown photographer, I found Mark and Cubby:
IMG_3695.jpg

What a GREAT DAY spent with GREAT FRIENDS. Thanks to all 14 of you that came to Carmel, giving up your weekend, to make this show so much fun! It took 2 yrs. to get the XLRs into this show & just 5 hrs. to get us asked not to come back. :lol::lol: I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. It was great to meet Lana, she really fit in well & hopefully will be joining us @ other events/get togethers. We had the largest car corral @ the show & I know we had the most fun. Congrats to Gizmo for winning the "People's Choice" award, you deserved it. You, Marc & Cubby sure worked hard for every vote (including giving a beer or CR shots for each vote for #8 :lol:). Thanks again guys it has been a VERY busy August. :wave:

Thank you, Bruce. As usual, your efforts made this event special for each and all of us. :worship:

I just wanted to say I had a wonderful day....I enjoyed every minute of it. It was the best getting to see old friends and meet Lana, she is a nice addition the the group.

After looking at all of the cars, which was a look down memory lane for me....I loved seeing all of them, such beautiful vehicles....but the best of all was the XLR group, 14 beautiful cars, owned by people who love them, and love to drive them ....then it really got funny with the peoples choice award...that was hysterical...I believe that the people who walked by had a great time also, talking and laughing, and watching the group have fun....all in all it was an awesome day, topped off with dinner at Macaroni Grill.

The pictures are great......

Thanks for a great day...luv to all of you,

jeanie

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry