Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Asheville,NC/Charleston,SC Trip April '11

Here is the itineray that I have come up with for our visit to The Biltmore Estate;
Sunday April 10
9:00 am- arrive @ Biltmore Estate. Park cars along the Rampe Douce for the day.

10:00am-4:00pm- Spend day taking tours of the house. Visit gardens & shops. With lunch on your own @ one of the restaurants on the property.
4:30-6:00pm- Guided tour of the house for our group (the house will be closed to the public).

Monday April 11
7:30-8:30am- Arrive before gates open to the public for our group picture with the house in the background. Park along the Rampe Douce for the day.

8:30am-2:00pm- Self guided tour of house,gardens & shops. Lunch on your own @ one of the restaurants on the property.

2:30pm- Depart for Charleston, SC.

I will have ticket pricing in the next few days.

Looks good to me Bruce.

Here is the itineray that I have come up with for our visit to The Biltmore Estate;
Sunday April 10
9:00 am- arrive @ Biltmore Estate. Park cars along the Rampe Douce for the day.

10:00am-4:00pm- Spend day taking tours of the house. Visit gardens & shops. With lunch on your own @ one of the restaurants on the property.
4:30-6:00pm- Guided tour of the house for our group (the house will be closed to the public).

Monday April 11
7:30-8:30am- Arrive before gates open to the public for our group picture with the house in the background. Park along the Rampe Douce for the day.

8:30am-2:00pm- Self guided tour of house,gardens & shops. Lunch on your own @ one of the restaurants on the property.

2:30pm- Depart for Charleston, SC.

I will have ticket pricing in the next few days.

This sounds like a great plan, Bruce. I am SOO looking forward to spending a whole week with all my wonderful friends from the forum here. Can't wait. Its going to be a great time. :rocker:

Biltmore visit information

I spoke with Renee' from Biltmore Group Services today, and she has our visit all arranged. We will have special parking for both days, a private group tour of the house on Sunday afternoon after the house closes to the public, a group picture of the cars on Monday morning before the gates open to the public and two day tickets for the house and grounds.
The cost per person for this package is $50.00 (which is cheaper than a one day general admission ticket).
Cubby or myself will be purchasing the tickets for the entire group at one time (per Biltmore's policy), either Saturday afternoon when we get to Asheville, or Sunday morning @ Biltmore Estate's Admission's Office. You will need to pay either of us in cash for your tickets. We will go ahead and purchase the tickets for any of you that may be arriving later on Sunday or Monday; just let us know how many tickets you will need.
You can leave the grounds and return as many times as you like, just make sure you have your tickets with you (if you leave, you may not be able to park in the special parking area when you return). This can be nice for anyone that wants to go back to the hotel during the day.

Rogene and I did our hotels today, with 8" of snow on the ground, good day to do it! The Holiday Inn at Asheville, and the Hampton in Mount Pleasant, is that right? Kathy, on the Holiday inn hotel thread, you had the hotel booked till the 12th. We only need till the 11th, right? Did you change your reservation?

Chad & Rogene

Chad, you are correct, you only need the Holiday Inn--Asheville until the 11th. We will be leaving that afternoon for Charleston. I hope all their snow is gone by the time we head down there. :laugh::laugh:

Rogene and I did our hotels today, with 8" of snow on the ground, good day to do it! The Holiday Inn at Asheville, and the Hampton in Mount Pleasant, is that right? Kathy, on the Holiday inn hotel thread, you had the hotel booked till the 12th. We only need till the 11th, right? Did you change your reservation?

Chad & Rogene

Asheville in July

Folks, I just got back to the thread...drama. At this point I am in from PA. Haven't decided if stag or drag. See you all on the 9th. :patriot:

Glad to hear you will be joining us....I just hope your heading on your post is a misprint. We will be in Asheville/Charleston in April, not July!!!

Folks, I just got back to the thread...drama. At this point I am in from PA. Haven't decided if stag or drag. See you all on the 9th. :patriot:

You are correct I was looking at the homecoming and the Biltmore trip. I will be there in April. Confirmed for two (2) as of today. I have got to meet "Little Woman"!:wave:

I will check for hotel reservations tonight.
See you all then.

Which Hampton Inn in Mount Pleasant are you all booking? There are two listed on the Hilton Web Site.

You are correct I was looking at the homecoming and the Biltmore trip. I will be there in April. Confirmed for two (2) as of today. I have got to meet "Little Woman"!:wave:

I will check for hotel reservations tonight.
See you all then.

You will not be disappointed. Do not be afraid of the bullhorn, whistles, air horn, devil horns, chop sticks, or my coolers! :D:wave:

Speaking of chop sticks are we going to that place we ate at the last time we were in Ashville? Can't remember the name of it but they cook at the table. :D

You will not be disappointed. Do not be afraid of the bullhorn, whistles, air horn, devil horns, chop sticks, or my coolers! :D:wave:

Speaking of chop sticks are we going to that place we ate at the last time we were in Ashville? Can't remember the name of it but they cook at the table. :D

I will look into it for either Saturday or Sunday evening.:wave:

Yoshida's Japanese Steak House
4 Regent Park Boulevard
Asheville, NC 28806

http://www.yoshidaasheville.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?h...&hnear=Asheville,+NC&cid =9540845900101119465[/QUOTE]

I would say Saturday night.

Marion, are they going to let you back in? LOL

Marion, are they going to let you back in? LOL

They loved me I added to their entertainment. Besides my hair was shorter then and a different color, so we are all good. They won't even know it's me. :chuckle:chuckle

Until they see the whistle, bullhorn, airhorn and Devil horns!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

....... They won't even know it's me. :chuckle:chuckle

Bob,

I'm wondering if we have to call the County Sheriff and let them know we are coming back!! :lol::lol:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom