Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Asheville,NC/Charleston,SC Trip April '11

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
I hope you can join us on our trip to Asheville,NC/ Charleston,SC, April 9-17.

Here is what I'm thinking about for our trip...

Saturday, caravan down to Asheville,NC.

Sunday, tour Biltmore Estate & grounds.

Monday, drive down to Charleston,SC.

Tuesday thru Friday, seeing the sights in Charleston, visit the plantations, Patriot's Point, Fort Sumter & SC Aquarium. We could even take a drive down to Beaufort, Hilton Head or Savannah,GA. for the day.

Saturday or Sunday, head for home.

Everyone is welcome and can join up with the group anywhere along the way.

I hope you can join us on our trip to Charleston,SC, April 9-17.

Here is what I'm thinking about for our trip...

Saturday, caravan down to Asheville,NC.

Sunday, tour Biltmore Estate & grounds.

Monday, drive down to Charleston,SC.

Tuesday thru Friday, seeing the sights in Charleston, visit the plantations, Patriot's Point, Fort Sumter & SC Aquarium. We could even take a drive down to Beaufort, Hilton Head or Savannah,GA. for the day.

Saturday or Sunday, head for home.

Everyone is welcome and can join up with the group anywhere along the way.
I don't know what my schedule is that far out, but I'd be willing to try setting up resort accommodations for us. Here's an example of what may be available for $380 for the week. They haven't published their April availability yet but if February is any indication they should be able to meet our needs:
Unit (occ/kitchen) Avail (# of nights) Price *USD (per night)
1 bdrm (4/Full) Feb 04-Feb 11 (7) $369.00* ($53*/night)
1 bdrm (4/Full) Feb 06-Feb 13 (7) $369.00* ($53*/night)
1 bdrm (4/Full) Feb 06-Feb 13 (7) $369.00* ($53*/night)
1 bdrm (4/Full) Feb 11-Feb 18 (7) $369.00* ($53*/night)
1 bdrm (4/Full) Feb 13-Feb 20 (7) $369.00* ($53*/night)
1 bdrm (4/Full) Feb 13-Feb 20 (7) $369.00* ($53*/night)
1 bdrm (4/Full) Feb 18-Feb 25 (7) $369.00* ($53*/night)
1 bdrm (4/Full) Feb 20-Feb 27 (7) $369.00* ($53*/night)
1 bdrm (4/Full) Feb 20-Feb 27 (7) $369.00* ($53*/night)
1 bdrm (4/Full) Feb 25-Mar 04 (7) $369.00* ($53*/night)

May even be able to find weekend accommodations at Lake Lure (near Ashville). Its a long way for me to go, but it sounds like fun.

I am Wyndham member and have stayed at Wyndham Edisto several times. They have a variety of accomodations there.

It's not a bad drive to Charleston from there, and Edisto is a very quiet beach area, not much commercialization.

Asheville, NC hotel info - April 2011

Everyone:

I have made a hotel reservation for Bruce & I in Asheville, NC where we will be stopping on our way down to Charleston, SC.

Check in: Sat. April 9, 2011
Check out: Tues. April 12, 2011

This allows 2 days at Biltmore Estate. We may only spend 1 day, but this guarantees we will have a room if we decide to visit Biltmore 2 days. Changes can be made later.

Holiday Inn, Asheville-Biltmore West
435 Smokey Park Hwy.
Asheville, NC 28806
Front Desk: 1-800-678-2161

I made our reservations via the internet.

*We stayed here during our visit to Biltmore Estate in April 2009.

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/asheville/avlpp/hoteldetail

Everyone:

I have made a hotel reservation for Bruce & I in Asheville, NC where we will be stopping on our way down to Charleston, SC.

This allows 2 days at Biltmore Estate. We may only spend 1 day, but this guarantees we will have a room if we decide to visit Biltmore 2 days. Changes can be made later.

435 Smokey Park Hwy.
Asheville, NC 28806

OK, Devin and I are in! Made our reservations tonight. Thanks for the LINK Kathy, one click and POOF, we're all set. We're really looking forward to it. LETS GO PEOPLE, I'd love to see over 10 XLR's on this trip! And a nice black Z06 named Zoey. ;)

No other takers yet? Come on everyone - I'd love to see a good number of XLR's on this trip. We'll have a GREAT TIME! :rocker:

Its never too early to start planning. I bet if we get a few more people, we'll get PHOTO GIRL counting down to our trip. :cool:

Charleston trip

Jean and I are looking forward to this trip and meeting some of you.:wave: We will meet the group in Charleston. Does anyone have a hotel in Charleston yet. John

Jean and I are looking forward to this trip and meeting some of you.:wave: We will meet the group in Charleston. Does anyone have a hotel in Charleston yet. John

It will be nice to meet you and Jean. We are still looking @ hotels in or around Charleston. We may be staying in Mt. Pleasant, the hotels are more affordable. We will post the hotel info when we have it.:)

I am not a far drive from Charleston so I will take a look and see if I can meet up sometime during that week for some sightseeing!

Any others from FL that want to tag along?

Sully

Maryann & I are considering it. It would be good to see Biltmore again. I was stationed in Charleston and we've been wanting to go to Savannah. Nice when you can combine all those stops in one get together!

I am not a far drive from Charleston so I will take a look and see if I can meet up sometime during that week for some sightseeing!

Any others from FL that want to tag along?

Sully

Great! Maybe you can get a FL caravan started.

Maryann & I are considering it. It would be good to see Biltmore again. I was stationed in Charleston and we've been wanting to go to Savannah. Nice when you can combine all those stops in one get together!

It would be nice to see you & Maryann again.

Is the Holiday Inn, Asheville the place to make reservations April 9 -12, 2011.
John:D

Everyone:

435 Smokey Park Hwy.
Asheville, NC 28806

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/asheville/avlpp/hoteldetail

Here is the hotel info for our stay in Asheville,NC

I sure hope we will be able to join everyone on this trip. We would probably stop over in Savanah for a few days on the way home.

Steven,

It would be great if you could make it; I know you had issues come up for the Colorado trip. This is a great trip/area, we have been wanting to go back for a while now. We had about 8-10 XLR's in 2009 with a bunch of Corvettes and some great roads to drive. This should be fun.

I sure hope we will be able to join everyone on this trip. We would probably stop over in Savanah for a few days on the way home.

I hope you can make the trip East. Maybe you can get some more Texans to join you.:wave:

I hope no one minds, but here is a link to my favorite BBQ restaurant. The most notable characteristic of the SC Low Country BBQ is the mustard-based sauce, and my humble opinion, no one does it better than Thomas Bessinger.

Back in the 70's, it was a drive in restaurant and I spent many happy hours "hanging out" there in my GTO! The picture is from that era.

Take a few minutes and explore the site. I can highly recommend eating here for anyone that makes the trip!

http://bessingersbbq.com/home/default.html

Attachments

• piggie_park_pic.jpg
    piggie_park_pic.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 367

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC