Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Asheville,NC/Charleston,SC Trip April '11

I arrived home safe and sound. I dropped off my cousin Alan, in Indy and headed straight home. Got home after about 15 hours of driving... but I surprized the boys and the family was so happy to see me (especially my Skye - he couldn't wag his tail hard enough). I had a fantastic time - thank you all for making this trip so memorable. Who knew, when I bought my XLR, that it would lead me to such awesome friends! Thank you ALL! A special thank you to Bruce and Kathy for dreaming this trip up! Thanks for letting us tag along on your vacation. :)

To everyone that attended the 'Cruizin the Carolinas' excursion, it was a pleasure to meet you all. This was my first real vacation in eight years. This was also my first XLR trip. From the amount of time Bruce and Kathy put into the trip and coordinating the group functions, the periodic speed test on the way to Charleston with Cubby, Bob w's enjoyable conversations while waiting for our ladies, and the parking lot conversation with the rest of the gang - it truly was a pleasure . Thank you for the memories.

To everyone that attended the 'Cruizin the Carolinas' excursion, it was a pleasure to meet you all. This was my first real vacation in eight years. This was also my first XLR trip. From the amount of time Bruce and Kathy put into the trip and coordinating the group functions, the periodic speed test on the way to Charleston with Cubby, Bob w's enjoyable conversations while waiting for our ladies, and the parking lot conversation with the rest of the gang - it truly was a pleasure . Thank you for the memories.

Dave, thanks for joining us. It was a lot of fun spending time with you and Dawn. You guys fit in perfectly.:wave:

Finally made it home last night. Thanks everyone for a great vacation. This is the first real vacation PJ and I have had in 10 years. And we both enjoyed it immensely.

Unfortunately the last couple days have been more about me and the car instead of we and the car so PJ and her Aunt renamed it to "the Mistress". ;)

Well, "the Mistress" and I won second in our class at SCCA Solo Autocross on Sunday so one of my goals for it has been achieved. See Indy V meet thread for pics and video.

Home at last

We made it home yesterday about 4:30 p.m., That is one long haul from Charleston S.C. to Colorado Springs. We had a blast and it was great to see everyone again and to meet some new folks. We want to thank Bruce and Kathy for all their work to put this trip together for everyone. We also
want to thank every one else who made everything possible, shirts, hats, coffee mugs etc. and thanks again Cubby for getting the gas cap.

Silverstreak

A Message from Alan (my cousin)

From Alan, ChicagoDave's cousin...

I had a great time and had quite the fun on the XLR trip to the Carolina's. Thanks to all of you who were so nice and friendly, I really appreciated the kind way I was treated on the adventure. Its great to make new friends and enjoy visiting new places together too. And I must say all the laughs we had were certainly good for me. The scenery while traveling was beautiful, the places we visited were awesome, and the comradery was terrific. Great job at putting things together Bruce and Kathy! - Thanks very much and I hope you all had a safe trip home.

Alan - " Car Fun One"

It's good to hear that you guys have made it home safely. Thanks again for making the drive to join us. We sure enjoyed seeing everyone. I also want to thank all of you that got up very early on Monday morning for our Biltmore picture. Supa did a great job helping everyone with parking the cars for the picture with her bullhorn.:)

Jean and I really regret having to cancel our trip and miss meeting all of you.
The pictures were wonderful, wanted so much to have my XLR in that lineup at the Biltmore. Hopefully I will be there at Bowling Green. John

p.s. Can anyone tell me how to get a picture off the forum, I would like to get 1 or 2 of the pictures. thanks J.

Thank you Bruce and Kathy for putting the trip together. Thank everyone for shirts and cups.

Bruce no problem with helping at Biltmore, you know at some point during the trip the bullhorn was going to make an appearance so why not to help. :D

PS: I'll let everyone know if I get a bill for the bee sting.

John,

You should be able to just right click on the photo you want and then click on 'save as....' and save it to your computer.

Sorry you couldn't make the trip, but there is always Bowling Green and many of us will be there!!

p.s. your shirts are shipping out today!!

The pictures were wonderful, wanted so much to have my XLR in that lineup at the Biltmore. Hopefully I will be there at Bowling Green. John

p.s. Can anyone tell me how to get a picture off the forum, I would like to get 1 or 2 of the pictures. thanks J.

John, it would have been nice to have met you both & to have you and your XLR in the Biltmore pictures. It was a great trip I'm sure you would have enjoyed. :wave:

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a metal Christmas ornament or metal display artwork for our Carolinas Trip. I can contact Diane & see if she would like to do them again this year. I have sent her some ideas that I have. Diane did a great job last year on the pieces for the Colorado Trip from the logo that Quinn designed. Here is her website so you can see some of the other things she does; http://www.carartwork.biz/

Diane has put together a drawing of the metal ornament or wall hanging for the Carolinas Trip. Below is the pricing. You can call and order 502 777 7735 or go to the website listed above. If you have any questions, let me know.

15 inch wall hanging $69.95 plus $7.95 shipping ($77.90)
15 inch mounted $79.95 plus $9.95 shipping ($89.90)
5 inch ornament $19.95 plus $2.95 shipping ($22.90) Ornament ships free if purchased with another item

We made it back home after spending some wonderful time in Savannah and another day in Mobile touring Bellingrath Gardens.
The weather could not have been better. We want to thank Bruce and Kathy for sharing their vacation with everyone and their dedication to making it such an enjoyable trip. We really enjoyed meeting everyone and spending time together. It's great to put faces with the names now. The pictures we have been seeing are great, I need to get mine off the camera to look at. Watched one of the DVDs on the Hunley last night. My confidence in the XLR is much improved. 2500 miles and not one problem and it is a very comfortable car for long trips! Averaged about 25.3 MPG.

Steven & Diane

Glad to hear you & Diane made it back safe and sound. It was great meeting you two and hanging out @ Red's. Great find!!

Savannah is on our list the next time we make it down that way.

We made it back home after spending some wonderful time in Savannah and another day in Mobile touring Bellingrath Gardens.
The weather could not have been better. We want to thank Bruce and Kathy for sharing their vacation with everyone and their dedication to making it such an enjoyable trip. We really enjoyed meeting everyone and spending time together. It's great to put faces with the names now. The pictures we have been seeing are great, I need to get mine off the camera to look at. Watched one of the DVDs on the Hunley last night. My confidence in the XLR is much improved. 2500 miles and not one problem and it is a very comfortable car for long trips! Averaged about 25.3 MPG.

Steven & Diane

Steven & Diane

Steven, it was great meeting you & Diane. We really enjoyed having you both with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the trip.:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom