Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Available Options per Model Year

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
So, I'm back working on the XLR Registry and I'm trying to figure out what options - if any - were available for the XLR per model year.

The production information from Bowling Green only breaks down each model year by exterior/interior color and model (XLR vs. XLR-V, etc.)

Can anyone help??

Rob,

I'm not an expert by any means, but can try and help.

2004-2005-- I believe XM radio was an option. Everything else was standard equipment. ( there were no chrome wheel options available either.)

From 2006 on I believe the XM Radio became standard equipment, but I could be wrong. I think other wheels and chrome options came about in 2007?

I would PM Cadillac Tech and see what he has to offer. He does know quite a bit about the production.

So, I'm back working on the XLR Registry and I'm trying to figure out what options - if any - were available for the XLR per model year.

The production information from Bowling Green only breaks down each model year by exterior/interior color and model (XLR vs. XLR-V, etc.)

Can anyone help??

I have the 2006 Special Edition Black Star it came with Sat radio, Chrome wheels and a Chrome Grill. I dont think they offered the Chrome Grill until 2007.

Speedway

Rob, I have to question the production/color figures from Bowling Green and the model center forum.. I have a 2007 XLR-V in infrared.. Not to be found in the charts.. I have ordered the build sheet/window sticker from the vette museum and should have accurate data soon.. WW

Rob, I have to question the production/color figures from Bowling Green and the model center forum.. I have a 2007 XLR-V in infrared.. Not to be found in the charts.. I have ordered the build sheet/window sticker from the vette museum and should have accurate data soon.. WW

Infrared is the same as Monterey Red for '06-'07.

There was also that Neiman Marcus special edition XLR.

There was also that Neiman Marcus special edition XLR.

101 made, 99 sold to the public in 14 minutes.

Other special Editions;
'06 Star Black 250 units
'07 Passion Red 250 units
'08 Alpine White 250 units

Platinum Edition '07-'09
'08

Bruce, Why is my paint code 30 U ? Code for Monterey red is 80 U.. Also 06 red jewel code is 80 U.. Something is amiss here.. Did GM just change paint names and codes on a whim? WW

I think there is also a pink Mary Kay model also.

:cool:

Those were built special for Mary Kay--not available to the general public.

I think there is also a pink Mary Kay model also.

:cool:

2004-2005-- I believe XM radio was an option. Everything else was standard equipment. ( there were no chrome wheel options available either.)

In theory, there was the option of the light wood or dark wood trim, but in my opinion, that's not really an option, but a selection.

Infrared is the same as Monterey Red for '06-'07.
Yes, some of the names of the colors released from the factory are different that the names used in the sales and marketing documentation. It makes things rather difficult.

One of the things I need to do is figure out what both names are for each color so I can edit that information in the Model Center as well as use it in the Registry.

Where it really gets sticky is - how do you run a search in the Registry on a particular color when some of the colors could have two names? :lol:

101 made, 99 sold to the public in 14 minutes.

Other special Editions;
'06 Star Black 250 units
'07 Passion Red 250 units
'08 Alpine White 250 units

Platinum Edition '07-'09
'08

Now Bruce, that raises another question for me: In '07 - there was a Platinum edition XLR - which came with more luxurious appointments? Correct?

In 2008 and 2009, the base XLR was considered to be a Platinum edition. Correct?

I have to say, GM's marketing of the XLR was horrible because they made it so damn confusing. :willy_nilly:

What I really need is to see some window stickers for the various models / model years.

Also, was the interior trim an option as well, but not a cost option? For example, Light Burlwood, vs. Dark Burlwood?

In theory, there was the option of the light wood or dark wood trim, but in my opinion, that's not really an option, but a selection.
Well that answers my questions. :chuckle

What I really need is to see some window stickers for the various models / model years.

Rob,

I can scan my Window Sticker for my 2005 BASE XLR and send it to you. I'll try to do that tonight, while packing for our Fall Drive tomorrow. :rocker:

Rob,

I can scan my Window Sticker for my 2005 BASE XLR and send it to you. I'll try to do that tonight, while packing for our Fall Drive tomorrow. :rocker:
Yes! That would be awesome! Thanks!

I don't really think that was an option. I think the light wood was used in cars with shale interior and the dark wood used in the ebony interiors and the V models, but I may be wrong. It sure doesn't show on the window sticker of my '06 V, but may show on the build sheet. The V models also did not come with the wood steering wheel. I think the '08-09 models had a heated steering wheel option.

Rob, I'll try and scan both next week for you and get them to you. PM me and I'll mail them to you, as the build sheet is rather large.

I don't really think that was an option. I think the light wood was used in cars with shale interior and the dark wood used in the ebony interiors and the V models, but I may be wrong. It sure doesn't show on the window sticker of my '06 V, but may show on the build sheet. The V models also did not come with the wood steering wheel. I think the '08-09 models had a heated steering wheel option.

Rob, I'll try and scan both next week for you and get them to you. PM me and I'll mail them to you, as the build sheet is rather large.

The color of the stain on the wood was an option, used with either Shale or Ebony. V cars did not have that option, only one choice of wood and steering wheel. Heated steering wheels were standard on '08-'09.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom