Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Biltmore Estate Trip April 23-26

Kathy or Bruce,
I have a stupid question. What will the weather be like? Will it be warm enough for capris? Just trying to figure out what to pack. I have to see how Cubby limits my packing if he brings Phil with us. :D

Marion,
I just checked weather.com and during the time we will be there, the average high is 69 degrees and the avg. low is 46 degrees. Biltmore Estate is at an elevation of 2,000 ft. I haven't studied the driving route, but in the mountains it will be cooler; we could go as high as 6,000 ft. A light jacket is a good idea. I will be wearing capris. (As you know, my internal "thermostat" runs warm :chuckle so I wear a lot of light-weight clothing.)

Kathy :cool:

Thank you. :D

Where is Indy Guy? Is he going to make this trip? He hasn't been on here lately?

Where am I? I'm here polishing my golf clubs and looking at Cubby's garage with pictures of Scarlet V - what a beauty. I've already got my tickets for the Biltmore and am really looking forward to the trip. I MISS YOU GUYS!

Where am I? I'm here polishing my golf clubs and looking at Cubby's garage with pictures of Scarlet V - what a beauty. I've already got my tickets for the Biltmore and am really looking forward to the trip. I MISS YOU GUYS!
We miss you too. You have been so quite since the last trip I was begining to think we scared you off with our craziness. But then I thought again and said no way he is just as crazy as we are. I believe Cubby and I will be in Indy or there abouts Wednesday the 22nd to leave with you guys for the trip. Can't wait to see you. :wave:

I had the pleasure of sending time today with IndyXLRVGuy ...we were getting his ride ready for the road, and Tiffany's Dad and Missy Bling...they were shopping for a new DTS. It looks like Marc and Tiffany may be joining us for some fun in Asheville.:rocker: The MM caravan just keeps getting better!

We still have room for more.

Bruce :wave:

Tickets arrived for the Biltmore on Thursday. Less than two weeks now!

Bob

Bob, if you guys are driving over from IL on the morning of the 23rd, we could meet you out on I-74 east of Indy. That would save you from driving up to the dealership. Just a thought.

Bruce :patriot:

I had the pleasure of sending time today with IndyXLRVGuy ...we were getting his ride ready for the road, and Tiffany's Dad and Missy Bling...they were shopping for a new DTS. It looks like Marc and Tiffany may be joining us for some fun in Asheville.:rocker: The MM caravan just keeps getting better!

We still have room for more.

It would be GREAT to have them join us! I'm ready for some good weather, fun driving, and great friends! :wave:

My Biltmore tickets have been ordered! Now, if the weather would get nice enough so i could give Misty a fresh coat of wax!

I just got back today from that area, a short weekend trip to see friends. I hope their weather gets better than it was this past weekend. Torrential downpours off and on Friday. Saturday was cloudy and cool--didn't get to do any Harley riding, but still had a good time. Tell George I have 'something' to add to his tea from my mountain friends. :laugh:

It should be pretty colorful down there, as it seemed all their trees were in full bloom. Counting down the days--another great trip with the MM's.

I would have stopped in Indy to see you guys but it was about 11:45pm when I went through:lol::lol:

I spoke with Bob W yesterday, it appears that he and Gayle will be driving their '09 XLR Platinum on Saturday. What a great way to break in a new baby.

We are still hoping Quinn and DD can join us.

Looks like we'll have top down weather for our cruising, and then a bath for our babies going home:chuckle:chuckle

Asheville weather forecast:

Thursday: High 64, partly cloudy, 0% chance of rain :rocker:
Friday: High 72, mostly sunny, 0% chance of rain :cool:
Saturday: High 74, partly cloudy, 0% chance of rain :beerchug:
Sunday: High 72, 50% chance of thunderstorms :bawling:

Drive safely - see y'all soon!:party

Looks like we'll have top down weather for our cruising, and then a bath for our babies going home:chuckle:chuckle

The weather will be AWESOME! :cool: Marc and Tiffany are going to HAVE to join us...this is perfect weather for Tiffany.

Looks like we may have over 30 cars for Saturday...Corvettes and XLR's. What a beautiful sight that will be!

My son lives in Columbia SC and I was planning to drive up to see him around the time you guys are going to be at Biltmore. I'll follow this thread and maybe I can join up with everyone. :rocker:

CADXLR-V are you still thinking about joining us in Asheville?

It looks like we will have great weather for our trip this coming weekend. I hope everyone is ready to go, it will be nice to see you guys again.

* We will leave from Lockhart Cadillac on Thursday morning April 23 @ 7:00 am.
* Have your cars fueled and ready to roll (check your tire pressures...30-32 psi).
* If you have FRS radios, bring them along, they will help us keep in touch while on the road. We will bring our 6 radios.

I hope you have gone to www.biltmore.com to check out the tours and activities.
* You will be able to select any of the extra tours once we get inside the house.
* We will caravan in on Friday morning, take some photos and then park the cars in a special parking area just for us.

We will have a great group of XLRs/Corvettes for our Saturday drive/lunch. It looks like there will be around 30 cars.

You may want to pre-program in all of the addresses into your GPS for the hotel, Biltmore Estate and restaurants.

See you all soon,
Bruce

For you GPS junkies (like me):

I believe these are the correct addresses for everything on the NC trip. PLEASE POST A CORRECTION if I'm wrong! I have not tried to input these yet.

Holiday Inn
435 Smokey Park Highway, Asheville

The Biltmore Estate
(Try plugging in Biltmore, or this) 1 Approach Road, Asheville

Pomodoras
1070 Tunnel Road, Asheville (There are 2 locations for this restaurant!!)

The Pisgah Inn
Mile Post 408.6, Blue Ridge Parkway, Waynesville, NC (I don't think you'll be able to GPS this one!)

The Grove Park Inn
290 Macon Avenue, Asheville

See you soon! I'm ready for warm weather!!!!!

Thanks Rich,at least one of us will know where we are going. See you on Thursday.

Ready to go--the funnel is packed!!

We will see some of you tomorrow afternoon in Indy. The Lil' Woman has been checking trunk room for two days; deciding what she can bring:chuckle:chuckle

Looking forward to our trip; our last short trip--MM's in Indy was still winter and cold. This trip looks like we finally get to see the sun for more than one day:rocker::rocker:

Midwest Marauders...we leave in 2 days!! :party

I can't wait!!!!! The weather is sooooo crappy I need warm weather. This weekend it is suppose to be close to 90 here and today it 41 rainy go figure :dunno::pat:. I am looking forward to this weekend can not wait. :D:cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom