Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Biltmore Estate Trip April 23-26

I can't wait!!!!! The weather is sooooo crappy I need warm weather. This weekend it is suppose to be close to 90 here and today it 41 rainy go figure :dunno::pat:. I am looking forward to this weekend can not wait. :D:cool:
FUNNY... going to be just the opposite here. 80 today & tomorrow, and 41 Thursday and throughout the weekend...

FUNNY... going to be just the opposite here. 80 today & tomorrow, and 41 Thursday and throughout the weekend...
Isn't it nuts. :pat:

'Really hope you guys have the time of your lives :party .... travel safe (take the lead out of your shoes! ;)) 'Know that this forum is with you in spirit .... and we will miss you .... maybe you'll post a few of the party pix to show the new members how much fun we have when we get together (funnel pictures are always good :silly: ... ) .... Try to recruit some of those 'Vettes to join us at R4 ..... heck ... the more the merrier! MM's :grouphug: .... you do us proud! :rocker:

(I wanna gooooooooooooooooooo ..... :bawling::bawling::bawling:)

:wave:

Definitely not top down weather here in So Cal............100 yesterday and 100 to day, maybe only 95, way to hot, but you guys and gals should have great top down weather, now easy gals, that's the cars where talking about.:patriot:
'Really hope you guys have the time of your lives :party .... travel safe (take the lead out of your shoes! ;)) 'Know that this forum is with you in spirit .... and we will miss you .... maybe you'll post a few of the party pix to show the new members how much fun we have when we get together (funnel pictures are always good :silly: ... ) .... Try to recruit some of those 'Vettes to join us at R4 ..... heck ... the more the merrier! MM's :grouphug: .... you do us proud! :rocker:

You know these guys they will be posting while we are there. We will do you proud and stay out of jail. :cool::reddevil:willy_nilly:

Ready to Roll!

I know we are ready to hit the road tomorrow morning! We will leave @ 7:00 am from the dealership. We will have a Corvette meeting up with us south of Cincinnati for the caravan to Asheville.
Everything appears to be handled so all we have to do is have a good time.
There will be over 30 cars Saturday for the drive/lunch.
We have been invited to stop by the local Chevrolet dealership Saturday afternoon for a little party/car show...very cool. They are allowing us to wash our cars there and then put them on display. They are contacting some of their customers to stop by and check out the cars. We have a call into the Cadillac dealership as well.
Photo Girl will be busy taking tons of pictures, be prepared to have your picture taken.
Get some rest, we will be very busy. Drive careful.

You know these guys they will be posting while we are there. We will do you proud and stay out of jail. :cool::reddevil:willy_nilly:

Well.....SOME of us will stay out of jail, but I don't know about Little Woman :chuckle She may need bail money :laugh:

One more MM!

I just spoke with Quinn, and her and her daughter will be joining our caravan to Asheville. This trip is going to be sooo much fun!

I'm looking forward to the trip, as well as seeing you all again!

I'm leaving here around noon; I hope to meet you at the bar by 8 or 9 PM.

Thanks to Bruce and everyone else for the organization of another great trip! I can't wait for the warmer weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, MM's ..... finally you are all on the road - Oh, jeez, I guess the State police from Chicago to Florida are puttin' out extra troops ;) "hope you all stay safe and that the Little Woman gets enough funnel time. :reddevil

Hope you're having a great trip.... :wave::wave:

MM's are here!

The MM's have arrived!. 3 Vettes and 4 V's safely rolled into the Holiday inn in Asheville at about 4:30 local time.

It has been a long day and we are all tired, but ready to meet and make new friends.

Bob

So .... the MM's are there terrorizing the streets and bars, huh? Tell Marion not to leave her bra in any of them ... :confused: :willy_nilly: ...
'Glad to hear that you all have arrived safe and sound .... have fun ... and know that we all wish we were with you! :love:

So .... the MM's are there terrorizing the streets and bars, huh? Tell Marion not to leave her bra in any of them ... :confused: :willy_nilly: ...
'Glad to hear that you all have arrived safe and sound .... have fun ... and know that we all wish we were with you! :love:
I was terrorizing the Biltmore in Phoenix tonight. Valet said the XLR was the nicest car he has ever seen. Pretty nice compliment coming from the land of Ferrari's and Lambo's.

Hope the MM's are having a great time in NC. :bar00:

Ride in the Smokey Mtns.

Today is our ride in the Smokey mountains. Had a great time touring the Biltmore Estates and fabulous dinner later in the evening. Before we left the local newspaper was down in the IHOP parking lot taking pictures of our babies.:rocker::rocker:

We will have around forty cars today, as some of the locals are joining us. After our drive and lunch and more driving we head over to the local Chevrolet dealer at 4pm where they are clearing their front lot for us all to show off our cars to the public. I believe the local Cadillac dealer will also be there. Another great dinner is planned in the evening and then probably an early night, as we head for home on Sunday.

Too busy to post any pics right now, but there will be some coming soon!!

Today is our ride in the Smokey mountains. Had a great time touring the Biltmore Estates and fabulous dinner later in the evening. Before we left the local newspaper was down in the IHOP parking lot taking pictures of our babies.:rocker::rocker:

We will have around forty cars today, as some of the locals are joining us. After our drive and lunch and more driving we head over to the local Chevrolet dealer at 4pm where they are clearing their front lot for us all to show off our cars to the public. I believe the local Cadillac dealer will also be there. Another great dinner is planned in the evening and then probably an early night, as we head for home on Sunday.

Too busy to post any pics right now, but there will be some coming soon!!

How is the XLR being perceived by all of those Corvette owners?? I always wondered why the cars (and owners) didn't seem to blend ....

I have read and heard from many sources that you guys are in the prettiest part of the USA ... NC and the Great Smokey's ....
Is it tops down driving weather?? Ahhh, sort of reminds me of the ride we took last year thru the hills of KY ... remember how beautiful that was?

Looking really forward to hearing and seeing about this trip ... (Is Mar getting enough funnel time?) Oh .... and has anyone seen Kathy's face yet? She is probably having a blast with her new camera .... I think I heard that she has 3 with her :willy_nilly: :rocker:

Have fun .... and hey .... looks like a couple of you got new wheels! Richard?????

Have fun ... can't wait to hear and see the pix. :wave:

I'm kinda updating my own update here .... :pat: ... but I thought some of you would like to know that I've seen a few pictures from the trip the MM's are on right now .... Richard (HomeGameRoom, AKA HomeGrown) has posted a couple on Face Book .... they are having a great time ... They are in Beautiful Country, USA mixing it up with some Corvettes ... and having a great time by the look of the pictures. I have seen the Little Woman without her funnel :willy_nilly: and a picture of Kathy without a camera in her hands :confused: ... now I'm waiting to see if there's going to be a picture of Bruce's car without road rash ...:laugh: They will be home way late this afternoon evening ... so maybe we'll be seeing some pictures and reading a little travelogue later ....

Here's a few pics:

IMG_1204.jpg

Heading up to the Biltmore

IMG_1206.jpg

All of our cars parked right in front!!

IMG_1220.jpg

Here's Misty - in front of the house!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!