Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cindy having surgery

Make sure you have some wine and hugs available when she wakes up! Love to her ... and you. Ruth Ann

Update after surgery

Cindy came through GREAT!!! She went in at 12:45PM and was in surgery for about 2 hours. After the surgery, the Dr. told me everything went perfectly... the knee was a perfect fit and everything works the way it's supposed to. He told me that the old knee was bone on bone and he couldn't believe she got by on it this long since her arthroscopic last Feb.
She got into her hospital room at around 3PM. No pain... yet, but she's on pain meds. They are going to have her dangle her legs off the bed around 8:30 this evening and tomorrow starts rehab...

So happy to hear went well now is the hard part rehap but you two hang in there she will recover then go on cruise and dance. Give Cindy our best we all love her were there for her.:love:

Fred & Ingrid:wave::wave::wave::wave:

It's good to hear all went well. It makes you thankful for good doctors,nurses and hospitals.

It's good to hear all went well. It makes you thankful for good doctors,nurses and hospitals.

Yes, it does!!! This morning she was able to straighten her leg to 7 degrees short of completely straight, and bend her knee to 66 degrees. This afternoon, she straightened to 10 degrees short of complete (stiffened up quite a bit) but she was able to bend her knee to 87 degrees... the therapist was impressed!!!
She is doing SOOOOOO good...

Good to hear she is doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated on her progress. Hopefully she will be home soon.

Good to hear she is doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated on her progress. Hopefully she will be home soon.

She'll be coming home tomorrow. Then off for six weeks, at work for a week, then on vacation for a week and a half...

Cindy's home!!

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Cindy is now home... and resting comfortably on her recliner!! YEA!!!

Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear she is home and resting.
Welcome home Cindy. :wave: Get well soon.

So glad to hear all of that is behind and she is doing so well - soon she will be out-walking you! :love:
Feel better soon, Cindy ...
See you in a few months!

Update on Cindy

Thought I'd update since it's been a while.
Cindy is doing quite well... has had two PT appointments this week, has two scheduled each week. Has some redness around the knee, so she has some antibiotics to take to ward off any infection and it's getting better. Walking quite well, albeit with a walker. I think she's getting tired of the house... hasn't been out in a couple weeks. Thursday was a rather bad day... a lot of pain in the knee. Most days the pain is bearable... painkillers are her friend.

Happy to hear Cindy is doing okay even though a lot of pain. I would imagine her surgery and your weather right now just dont agree with each other. Tell her were thinking of her and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Fred & Ingrid:wave::wave::wave:

Thanks for the update and let her know we are thinking of her. She's lucky to have you taking care of her.:)

Update...

At Cindy's PT on Thursday, the therapist told Cindy to get rid of the walker and move on to a cane!!! GREAT NEWS!!! AND... She just told me that last night she got her knee to bend almost as much as the good one bends!!!
Before long, she'll be doing the jig!!

That is great MT. Keep it up Cindy.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry