Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette and XLR show/party 9/17-18/2010

Question? Do we do the basic registration or the basic club parking registration? Thanks.

I put down "Midwest XLR Club" - Bob says MAM will watch for us. So if we all put that, I guess it would keep us consistent. :cool:

Mark,

I registered under CLUB Parking, with the above Club name.

I have not received anything from MAM yet, though. But I'm not sure how long it takes to receive the "package".

See ya down there! :rocker:

Mark,

I registered under CLUB Parking, with the above Club name.

I have not received anything from MAM yet, though. But I'm not sure how long it takes to receive the "package".

See ya down there! :rocker:
Hope you all have a really great time. Its hard not to when you will have all those Corvettes to look at.:blinzel:

Speedway:cool:

Club Registration

Register under Club. The cost ($25) is the same and it gives a count as to how much space they will allocate for us to be together.

Later in August I need to confirm a vehicle count for prime space at MAM on Saturday.

It is so nice to see this taking shape. The only thing left are all the details!

Bob

I made a reservation at the Days Inn for Fri and Sat nite a couple of weeks ago. Just didn't want to say anything - things with my dad and mom are kinda iffy - but we'd really like to come, if we can!

Pretty sure DD will want to bring his corvette to see about some 'accessories'. Can I register under the XLR club so we can park by you guys?

Is it OK if I to ask Hannah and D2 if they want to come? Not sure I can find them a hotel, but I will see if they can do it before I worry about that. If they come, they'd bring the XLR.

Hope to see ya soon!
~Quinn

Quinn, it will be good to have you and Super Dave here. Hanna and D2 also! Register under club and mention XLR at the MAM website.

Looking forward to seeing you soon,

Bob

A fun time for all!

Bob & Paula deserve much credit for all of their hard work to make this one of the funnest XLR events each year. Just 4 yrs ago there was 1 XLR in atttendance and this year there could be close to 10! Bob has worked with the people @ MAM to secure one of the best parking areas to show off the XLRs and then puts on a great feast and fireworks show @ his house later that day. In short, this is a great event...don't miss the fun!

It is less than a month away and I owe MAM a call to give an approximate car count. I would like to start getting a feel for how many will be here for the weekend as well. There are a a few missing folks and some that we need to hear from. So far we have;

Chicago Dave and Devin
Kevin and Marion
Tod and Karen
Mark and Kris
Bruce and Kathy
GizmoQ and spouse
Wayne and Linda (Waterloo, IA)
Bruce and Kathy
Quinn and Dave
Hanna and D2
Bob and Paula

Missing or not confirmed
Dave and Wendy
Rich

George cannot make it

# of people: 22-25
# of XLR's: 10-11

Looks like it is going to be quite the event!

Bob

Every day it is something. First I had a nice talk with Tod (Whit) this morning. He is planning on bringing BOTH spectacular vehicles to central Illinois! Later I talked to the Gary, the Champion BBQ'er. He was in Madison, IN last weekend and placed quite well in the big BBQ cookoff there. Finally I takled to Dave Hatfield in Evansville. He is confirming his schedule and will advise tomorrow if they are heading up for the weekend.

Day be day. It takes a lot to pull this off, but for you guys, it is worth it.

Bob

As I have said before, Bob and Paula, you guys are the best of host and hostess. Thank you for all your trouble putting this together.

Materials Received?

Bob (or anyone),

Will I be receiving anything from MAM, now that I have registered? I am just wondering when I can expect any kind of "package". Like tickets or something. :dunno: Just curious (and I want to keep this thread on top - :cool:)

:rocker:

MAM sends out a package of literature and most important, our gate tags. Probably a week or so before the show.

I left a message with Lori Worman, MAM Events coordinator, and said that we will have about 10 cars.

Bob

MAM sends out a package of literature and most important, our gate tags. Probably a week or so before the show.

I left a message with Lori Worman, MAM Events coordinator, and said that we will have about 10 cars.

Bob

OK, Bob, Thanks. I just didn't know what to expect. We really appreciate ALL you do for us, we're really looking forward to it.

:rocker:

That's good to know. I was wondering the same thing myself. Looking forward to seeing everyone. And thanks Rob for hosting.

Bob

Bob, you may have another XLR in the group. I got an email from Julie Comella and she would like to join in on the fun. She had a few questions so I gave her your contact info.

Update and Itinary

Julie emailed me and I sent some information to her.

I had a nice call from Lori Worman of MAM this evening. She will plan for 12 cars and a popup tent at a location "that will make everyone happy". Good news! Packets are starting to go out. Delays because of printing changes and getting behind on things. They are starting to go out with the highest mailings late this week (if all goes well).

Guess Who will be playing Saturday from 8:30 to 10PM. They have to be out shortly after 10 to catch a plane to the next gig in Arizona.

We could buzz back there for the show if you want, then back here.

I mentioned that this would primarily be a Saturday event for us. They expect that as pretty typical for the Vette groups as well.

Itinerary is as follows;

Friday afternoon - arrive at Bob's for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

Friday evening, 7PM dinner reservation at Alamo Steakhouse in Mattoon (about 6 miles away)

Return to Bob's after dinner if desired

Sat AM Early - Rendezvous at Bobs for car washing and preparation to caravan to MAM (~20 miles)

MAM until ~4PM or when you get tired.

Return to Bobs for dinner around 6

Either continue the party here or head back to MAM for the Guess Who concert, or both.

Either return here (might as well, it is on the way) or head back to your hotel

Sunday

Breakfast at the Airport Steakhouse, Coles County Airport, Mattoon

Open

Bob

Forgot to add....

Lori and I had a discussion as to what we are called. We will be named the Midwest XLR Group.

Bob

We've registered for Funfest. See everyone soon!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom