Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Corvette and XLR show (party too!) 9/25-26/2009

My office is a wreck. Do not look in this room....

It will be wet this weekend. Should not dampen the fun though.
It will not dampen our fun. :D

5 beautiful machines rolled into Mattoon last night! Along with their crews we had a great dinner and a good time here at the house. Fog rolled in and visibility dropped to next to nothing but that did not stop us. Nick still could not get enough fireworks and the rain held off.

Still foggy this morning but the coffee pot is on and folks are starting to stir.

Paula has worked so hard on attending to every detail. We hope that everyone is comfortable.

Bob

5 beautiful machines rolled into Mattoon last night! Along with their crews we had a great dinner and a good time here at the house. Fog rolled in and visibility dropped to next to nothing but that did not stop us. Nick still could not get enough fireworks and the rain held off.

Still foggy this morning but the coffee pot is on and folks are starting to stir.

Paula has worked so hard on attending to every detail. We hope that everyone is comfortable.

Bob

I know that both you and Paula are being the best of hosts ..... so nice of you to open your home to everyone. 'Wish we were there too - have a great time .... someone .... post pictures!

(Give Nick a kiss from me.)

Bob & Paula

Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality. We enjoyed spending time with you, and the all the fun activities you planned. It was good seeing everyone and look forward to the next outing.

Todd & Karen

What great host's. Bob and Paula were the best. We had a great time and really enjoyed meeting everybody. They opened up there home to us, never meeting us before and we made many new friends. We cant wait to meet everybody again at madison in two weeks.

Bob and Paula thank you soooo much for opening your homes to us. I can not thank you enough for the great fun weekend. It was great having the gang together again. It is always great spending time with old friends. Two weeks we will all be together again. The MM's are always fun. :blinzel:

I forgot to mention Paula has a nick name now. She is now known as Jello Paula. Love ya Paula. We got to meet Paula's son Adam, his girlfriend and a couple of Adam's friends. What a bunch of nice young people. Paula's son Adam was a very handsome young man, oh does that make me a cougar. :laugh::laugh: He was a very nice young man. Thanks again Jello.

We had a great time too. I cannot recall laughed to tears as I did riding with Kevin in our Golf Cart Grand Prix! Maybe we should switch places.

We worked today putting things away then about 1:30 it really hit Paula. Something about Never, Never, Ever doing a jello shot again! Paula found Jello on her collar, her sweater, jeans, shirt, chairs, the dog bowl, and Kris's chair......

Nick's fastination with fireworks always is amazing. Especially when he readjusts the trajectory of the morter. Oops!

I heard that some people were concerned several miles away with hearing the cannon shots....

Adam amd Amanda prepared 100 Jello shots and none were left. Amanda was feeling the effects too.

Thank you for the gift certificate to the Alamo. We'll enjoy that.

Wendy, thanks for your help in the kitchen.

See you all in a couple of weeks!

Bob & Paula

Looks like it's time for pictures of our get together--we'll post some tomorrow!! What gracious hosts and another great time with our MM
friends--Bruce, Kathy, Rich, George, Quinn and Diamond Del we missed you!!!!:D

Cubby &

Hey Bob,

Aren't you glad I didn't want to fly your plane!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You and Paula are awesome and wonderful hosts. Can't wait for Madison--Fly or drive you two must be there. Thanks again for everything!!!

The CUBSTER!!

We had a great time too. I cannot recall laughed to tears as I did riding with Kevin in our Golf Cart Grand Prix! Maybe we should switch places.

We worked today putting things away then about 1:30 it really hit Paula. Something about Never, Never, Ever doing a jello shot again! Paula found Jello on her collar, her sweater, jeans, shirt, chairs, the dog bowl, and Kris's chair......

Nick's fastination with fireworks always is amazing. Especially when he readjusts the trajectory of the morter. Oops!

I heard that some people were concerned several miles away with hearing the cannon shots....

Adam amd Amanda prepared 100 Jello shots and none were left. Amanda was feeling the effects too.

Thank you for the gift certificate to the Alamo. We'll enjoy that.

Wendy, thanks for your help in the kitchen.

See you all in a couple of weeks!

Bob & Paula

Sorry I posted under Supa's login

Forgot to mention the rollout of the new ice cream maker. MMmmmm! Having some right now!

Bob

Forgot to mention the rollout of the new ice cream maker. MMmmmm! Having some right now!

Bob

For those that know Bob is a mechanical engineer; this picture will show some of the work he tinkers with. His new ice cream machine!!!:):)

DSC01306.jpg

Some photos from the Corvette Funfest

Here are a few photos from Funfest:

Pratt-Miller Corvette
DSC01304.jpg

Marc, Karen and Bob thinking of George (Corndog):laugh::laugh:
DSC01305.jpg

The girls with our cars at the airport
DSC01314.jpg

Someone else will have to post pics of the events at Bob's; I didn't get any pictures--too busy eating and drinking with both hands.:lol::lol:

Here are some more!

Arriving Friday night

_DSC0333.jpg

_DSC0335.jpg

_DSC0337.jpg

_DSC0339.jpg

Breakfast on Saturday morning before heading to the Corvette show

_DSC0342.jpg

Washing all the cars before the show

_DSC0344.jpg

A PERFECT location right on the main drag at the show!!!!! We had a crowd around the cars all day, well until it rained and RAINED HARD!

_DSC0349.jpg

_DSC0352.jpg

Right next to the burnouts

_DSC0354.jpg

And the dyno

_DSC0348.jpg

_DSC0349.jpg

What perfect pictures ... all of that looked like FUN! I just showed Ray the picture where all of the X's are getting their bath at one time ... his comment was "Holy s---, how big is that driveway?" .... hah, he hasn't a clue, just like I didn't, how big your properties are.

Burn-outs - a Corvette? Now that's something I've never seen .... We saw some Mustangs do them once in AZ and we were all covered with rubber soot ..... whooooo-hoooo ..... loved that! Girls, you all look really great, would love to have been in that picture too .... I can see exactly where Lola should have been parked! lol ... :D

Bob ... love your ice cream contraption - beats the heck out of crankin' that thing by hand!

Love the picture of the food - you're right, Corn Dog should have been in that one.

Guys .... the cars look great. How were they veiwed at the Corral?

This was our backyard race track

View attachment 392

The idea was to have the driver blindfolded and navigate the golf cart with directions by his navigator. That did not work out too well but we had a lot of laughs!

I was having so much fun that I did not get any pictures Saturday night but here is Sunday morning heading to the Airport steakhouse for breakfast

_DSC0363.jpg

_DSC0364.jpg

_DSC0370.jpg

_DSC0371.jpg

_DSC0375.jpg

_DSC0379.jpg

Looks like great fun. I am curious on two things, I see a shiney intake on a RED XLR-V and am curious as to which intake that is and also, I see a front license plate mounted under what looks like the same car... have you had any issues with the police with your plate mounted that way. My NJ plates should arrive in the next few weeks and I DON'T want to drill into my new baby.

JT

Hi JT,
That would be my car. I have an induction system put together with components from Spectre performance. There is a thread here somewhere with more pictures and the dyno results.

I mounted the plate on the air dam under the front bumper. No issues with the law....yet.

It looks like everyone had a great time. Those of us who weren't there REALLY appreciate the photos, Cubby and Bob. Of course, my favorite is "Homage To CornDog." (Thanks for thinking of me. :wave:)

I was stuck here with nothing to do but play with my photos. Here are a few. (I'm thinking that maybe I should go back to work or "get a life.")

I love the lazy squirrel outside my back hall window and the spider that "set up shop" outside my den window. I saw the butterfly while on one of my walks. (While I was taking the spider pictures, the mosquitos had a picnic around my ankles!)

BOB & PAULA - Thank you so much for hosting everyone. Even though I wasn't there, I appreciate all your efforts!

Can't wait for Madison :party

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back